Groups

The most prosperous nations on earth

The most prosperous nations on earth

We reveal the 20 most prosperous nations on the planet, as well as the worst.

Money isn't everything in life, but it definitely matters. To try and work out the best places to live, independent policy and advisory organisation, the Legatum Institute, has looked into the relative prosperity of 104 countries based on nine key factors that drive economic growth and personal wellbeing. We reveal the top 20 most prosperous places to live - as well as telling you where the worst place to live is.

I will update one by one here..,
    what do you think..,
    shall we count 1 to 20 or 20 to 1

discuss..,

29 Comments

20 to 1!!

magicbeans;6771532

20 to 1!!

+1 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

magicbeans;6771532

20 to 1!!

ok thn:thumbsup:

Original Poster

20. Slovenia

The former Yugoslav republic Slovenia forced its way into the top 20 most-prosperous places on the planet thanks to strong performances in education, health security and its government's capacity for fostering economic growth. However, the nation scored its lowest mark on "social capital" - a measure of how trustworthy the community is and its focus on community and friendship - coming in at 44th out of 104 countries.

Ooooh can't wait for No 19.

Original Poster

19. Spain

A favourite for Brits retiring abroad, Spain scored highest in personal freedom, democratic institutions, health and education. Spain received its lowest scores for social capital (71st in the world) and safety and security (28th).

The suspense is killing me...

Goonieman;6771688

lol me too, can we have number 18 pls:)

Original Poster

Goonieman;6771688

treble99;6771699

lol me too, can we have number 18 pls:)

are you all sarcastic or is it just me:thinking:

flp14344;6771729

no im being serious, I would like to know the list lol

flp14344;6771729

Busted! Damn it!

Original Poster

18. Hong Kong

Since it was occupied by British forces in 1841, Hong Kong has moved on a path separate to the rest of China. Even after the former colony was returned to the Chinese in 1997, it has been treated as a special administrative region with its own laws.

According to report creators Legatum, Hong Kong has the best economic fundamentals in the world, coupled with good health care, governance, safety and security. Fans of freedom will be let down though, with Hong Kong scoring poorly for personal freedom (67th in the world) and democratic institutions (60th).

http://img37.imagefra.me/img/img37/2/11/3/f_jrrtqm_68fec46.jpg

Original Poster

treble99;6771736

no im being serious, I would like to know the list lol

Original Poster

17. France

France scored solidly across the board without truly excelling in anything, according to Legatum. Health, personal freedom, education, democratic institutions, innovation, economic fundamentals and governance were all ranked among top 20 countries on earth. However, France scored its lowest mark for trust and social cohesion, ranking as the 48th best country for this.

http://img40.imagefra.me/img/img40/2/11/3/f_x7ua8m_c9858ab.jpg

blah blah blah

Why not just post a link to the MSN page?

Original Poster

adrian96;6771943

blah blah blah

you must be watchin Atletico Madrid v Chelsea, not on here :whistling:

Original Poster

Goonieman;6771961

Why not just post a link to the MSN page?

Spoiler:viking:

took u how long to find out let me guess....,

flp14344;6771980

Spoiler:viking:

To be fair, its not terribly exciting now is it.

flp14344;6771980

Spoiler:viking:took u how long to find out let me guess....,

Go on then. :-D

flp14344;6771754

18. Hong KongSince it was occupied by British forces in 1841, Hong Kong … 18. Hong KongSince it was occupied by British forces in 1841, Hong Kong has moved on a path separate to the rest of China. Even after the former colony was returned to the Chinese in 1997, it has been treated as a special administrative region with its own laws.According to report creators Legatum, Hong Kong has the best economic fundamentals in the world, coupled with good health care, governance, safety and security. Fans of freedom will be let down though, with Hong Kong scoring poorly for personal freedom (67th in the world) and democratic institutions (60th).

nice pic, hong kong defo one of the places on my list to visit

Original Poster

Goonieman;6772021

Go on then. :-D

abt 1hr:whistling:

flp14344;6772051

abt 1hr:whistling:

About 20 secs, (google the first two lines!)

Original Poster

Goonieman;6772068

About 20 secs, (google the first two lines!)

20 secs thats poor:w00t:
    wht evr, got 2 watch footy nw:whistling:

I'm guessing Sweden or Norway as number 1

Will go off to google to find out

sancho1983;6772126

I'm guessing Sweden or Norway as number 1Will go off to google to find out

OOHHH!! close!

Denmark and Finland would have been my next choice

Scandinavia FTW!!

oops sorry i forgot about this thread. LOVE hong kong!!

forget the sarcy people. they only got the guts to say such things sitting behind their comp screens!! im enjoying this thread...keep it going

flp14344;6771966

you must be watchin Atletico Madrid v Chelsea, not on here … you must be watchin Atletico Madrid v Chelsea, not on here :whistling:

The match started at quarter to 8.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523466
      2. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work33
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3641402
      4. Gold Flamedeer thread (ABSOLUTELY NO HINTING/MENTIONING THE TRADING OF GOLD…46

See more discussions