The Muslim Mayor of London said - ‘Immigrants Shouldn’t Assimilate’

Banned 101 replies
Found 2nd Oct 2016
How very progressive and culturally enriched of him to say that.

"London’s Muslim mayor Sadiq Khan has continued his pro-Hillary Clinton tour of the United States by declaring that immigrants into the West should not be forced to assimilate."

Source: breitbart.com/lon…te/

1. Misc
  2. London
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. London
101 Comments

He said this

One of the lessons from around the world is that a laissez-faire or hands-off approach to social integration doesn’t work. We need rules, institutions, and support to enable people to integrate into cohesive communities and for the avoidance of doubt, I don’t mean assimilation, I mean integration, and there’s a difference”.

He added: “People shouldn’t have to drop their cultures and traditions when they arrive in our cities and countries”.

Which is totally fair-minded to most people. He's actually talking about people integrating which is a good thing.

And he's the Mayor of London.

does his tour involve a visit to Guantanamo...for about 10 years X)

Original Poster Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

He said thisOne of the lessons from around the world is that a … He said thisOne of the lessons from around the world is that a laissez-faire or hands-off approach to social integration doesn’t work. We need rules, institutions, and support to enable people to integrate into cohesive communities and for the avoidance of doubt, I don’t mean assimilation, I mean integration, and there’s a difference”.He added: “People shouldn’t have to drop their cultures and traditions when they arrive in our cities and countries”.Which is totally fair-minded to most people. He's actually talking about people integrating which is a good thing.

It's not fair-minded. When you have people from Islamic countries not getting accustomed to the western society it will cause problems because they'll deem this and that as inappropriate and take matters into their own hands.

You don't remember what happened in Cologne, Germany? youtube.com/wat…wwU
Or Sweden? youtube.com/wat…Jfw
France is almost unrecognisable as it is.

And he's the Mayor of London.

I said that. The Muslim Mayor of London.

well I d say it not very progressive to refer to him as the Muslim Mayor of London. Did you refer to Boris Johnson as the Angilcan Mayor of London? Assimilation means they turn their back on their history and traditions. Would you be happy if ex pats in Spain were forced to become Spanish and loose their Britishness?

Spasho

When you have people from Islamic countries not getting accustomed to the … When you have people from Islamic countries not getting accustomed to the western society it will cause problems because they'll deem this and that as inappropriate and take matters into their own hands.

So what we need is rule, institutions and support to enable them to integrate into cohesive communities?

That's a good point. He should have said that.

He is Mayor of London, he does not represent religion in his function nor is he allowed to. All leaders are meant to be interfaith and inclusive.

If he can't even persuade his crowds not to segregate themselves by gender then what hope does he have of promoting integration along racial or religious lines?

http://i.imgur.com/civm4QL.jpg

Isn't it like teaching the yanks to suck Eggs? They know jolly well how to keep their cultures, and celebrate their own Saint days, no sign of assimilation with Red Indians whatsoever.

Sharia Law in London next.

Rubisco

If he can't even persuade his crowds not to segregate themselves by … If he can't even persuade his crowds not to segregate themselves by gender then what hope does he have of promoting integration along racial or religious lines?

A teacher at school does not have to be Einstein to teach pupils to be Einstein.
A child development officer does not need to be an engineer or doctor to bring up doctors and engineers.
A priest does not need to be married to advise on family values.

shauneco

Sharia Law in London next.

Parts of alien law are already here, has been for centuries, what's new in English and Welsh Law and EU Directives that's Sharia that's not already applied ?

Rubisco

If he can't even persuade his crowds not to segregate themselves by … If he can't even persuade his crowds not to segregate themselves by gender then what hope does he have of promoting integration along racial or religious lines?

Rubisco

Good job there is gender separated stuff like toilets, you sound like you like the Mayor to bring in London unisex toilets and make women use urinals, urghhh. And like to bring in gender neutral clothes and to make 18 years old boys wear skirts in London schools. Pc gone mad, that's why people love Trump.

splender

A teacher at school does not have to be Einstein to teach pupils to be … A teacher at school does not have to be Einstein to teach pupils to be Einstein.

Paradox?

https://nargaque.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/pair_of_ducks.png

http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2011/11/04/bae6fe3b-a643-11e2-a3f0-029118418759/resize/620x465/19426b83302e2f0239c922f10c0533b1/Google-recursion.png

Benoit Mandelbrot may well be a better example.

And with the coming of this thread I am finally bored poopless (you know the word I'm really thinking of) with misc.

G'night.

moneysavingkitten

And with the coming of this thread I am finally bored poopless (you know … And with the coming of this thread I am finally bored poopless (you know the word I'm really thinking of) with misc.G'night.

Climax?

fanpages

Climax?

Anti-climax. You know, when you thought you were going to get somewhere, then you didn't?

I got a deal alert. Really going now.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

He said thisOne of the lessons from around the world is that a … He said thisOne of the lessons from around the world is that a laissez-faire or hands-off approach to social integration doesn’t work. We need rules, institutions, and support to enable people to integrate into cohesive communities and for the avoidance of doubt, I don’t mean assimilation, I mean integration, and there’s a difference”.He added: “People shouldn’t have to drop their cultures and traditions when they arrive in our cities and countries”.Which is totally fair-minded to most people. He's actually talking about people integrating which is a good thing.And he's the Mayor of London.

Surely that depends on the nature of the cultures and traditions. For example if those cultures and traditions are the very antithesis of progressive Western liberal values it's not going to make for a cohesive socoety.

moneysavingkitten

And with the coming of this thread I am finally bored poopless (you … And with the coming of this thread I am finally bored poopless (you know the word I'm really thinking of) with misc.G'night.

fanpages

Climax?

moneysavingkitten

Anti-climax. You know, when you thought you were going to get somewhere, … Anti-climax. You know, when you thought you were going to get somewhere, then you didn't? I got a deal alert. Really going now.

There once was a young man of Kent
Whose tool was so long that it bent
To save himself trouble
He put it in double
And instead of coming, he went.

Good night.

Heres what that cuddly teddy bear Sadiq thinks about Muslims who assimilate, Muslims who believe the interests of the British State are not at odds with the interests of British Muslims (or moderate Muslims for short).

youtube.com/wat…uP0

Just for clarity if any were needed

Original Poster Banned

Rubisco

Muslim women don't even protest because they know already know what would happen to them.

Haliviel

well I d say it not very progressive to refer to him as the Muslim Mayor … well I d say it not very progressive to refer to him as the Muslim Mayor of London. Did you refer to Boris Johnson as the Angilcan Mayor of London? Assimilation means they turn their back on their history and traditions. Would you be happy if ex pats in Spain were forced to become Spanish and loose their Britishness?

The whole 'progressive' and 'culturally enriched' is sarcasm. It's like saying Germany is being culturally enriched by what's happening over there.

Banned

If my culture was singled out the way done on this thread I would be even more disgusted. This is ugly bigotry. Mods why is this thread still active and the commentators still members? Is this A deals site or a hate site?? Very extreme right wing? Are the moderators neutral ? It must feel horrible for members here coming in for a deal to see this barrage even if it is "Misc".

Hi ben I'm sensing you're not a happy bunny.

IMHO the freedom to criticise the concepts, doctrines and practices of religion or any other ideology is one of the many things that makes this country a great place to live, I cant fathom the reason why but this 'blasphemy' seems to annoy you almost as much as those beastly Billy Goats Gruff trip trapping over your bridge.

splender

Good job there is gender separated stuff like toilets, you sound like you … Good job there is gender separated stuff like toilets, you sound like you like the Mayor to bring in London unisex toilets and make women use urinals, urghhh. And like to bring in gender neutral clothes and to make 18 years old boys wear skirts in London schools. Pc gone mad, that's why people love Trump.

Yes because treating women as second-class citizens at Labour Party rallies is the same as forcing women to use male toilets or boys to wear women's clothes.

my view is they need to assimilate, why live in a country if you do not like its culture or values, I do not meet or see anyone rushing to live in a Muslim country, my Muslim friends love it here are happy with our values, which happen to be theirs too, its more to do with ppl coming from backward country's, not about being muslim, one of my friends owns and runs a restaurant, he is muslim and the food is Persian, one costumer complained that he could not bring his wife into eat, because she would be in full view, he sharp told him what he thought about that idea
Edited by: "miles136" 3rd Oct 2016

Good Morning.. let's take a moment to remember this forum is for HOT UK DEALS.. we should really stick to this and continue these conversations in other forums..

Banned

Mods this thread should be deleted. And you need to think why certain members are still members. Can you imagine if any other race or religious rider was used in front of the Mayor. And repeatedly the same posters keep attacking one faith group. Reading the code of conduct it is obvious. This site is developing a bad reputation. Scotland Yard has recently launched an investigation unit into online abuse.

Banned

And mods reading some of the comments above a poster is directly attacking me and libelling me. It is not enough to delete the comment. Why are they still allowed to be a member???

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

He added: “People shouldn’t have to drop their cultures and traditions whe … He added: “People shouldn’t have to drop their cultures and traditions when they arrive in our cities and countries”..

They really should not be arriving here! I think we have made this clear....

Edited by: "groenleader" 3rd Oct 2016

bensands

If my culture was singled out the way done on this thread I would be even … If my culture was singled out the way done on this thread I would be even more disgusted. This is ugly bigotry. Mods why is this thread still active and the commentators still members? Is this A deals site or a hate site?? Very extreme right wing? Are the moderators neutral ? It must feel horrible for members here coming in for a deal to see this barrage even if it is "Misc".

I think maybe there is some confusion? We can have a debate on this subject? This not the Blair era where the UK is to PC to say muslim or black.

This is Brexit, the rules are changing and the people certainly have spoken. I am not sure there are off limits discussion encase it offends people, those silly days are past.

The mods do not have to be neutral! This is not a public service, this is a private business, it can push any agenda it wants.

Banned

bensands

And mods reading some of the comments above a poster is directly … And mods reading some of the comments above a poster is directly attacking me and libelling me. It is not enough to delete the comment. Why are they still allowed to be a member???

That's out of order. What posting is that?

It's good to see you've recognised how to behave after your slur on the death of Shimon Peres where your posts were quite rightly removed.

bensands

If my culture was singled out the way done on this thread I would be even … If my culture was singled out the way done on this thread I would be even more disgusted. This is ugly bigotry. Mods why is this thread still active and the commentators still members? Is this A deals site or a hate site?? Very extreme right wing? Are the moderators neutral ? It must feel horrible for members here coming in for a deal to see this barrage even if it is "Misc".

MODS are fully behind and supportive of these types of threads. I dare say they might even be multi's who use the alter ego's to peddle their views whilst looking like they are neutral as MODS.

Edited by: "EN1GMA" 3rd Oct 2016

Banned

There any number of hate sites out there for those so inclined to peddle their 'freedom of speech'. This is a deals site. I'm not sure it is in the commercial interests in a site to be so blatantly pushing in its selective approval of threads such an agenda. Mods silence is deafening.

So why does he has to be MUSLIM mayor of London....why not mayor of London....This is to do with original poster having issue with the Muslim bit....2 face or what....mods need to pull their fingers out and stop this faith bashing on this forum, seems the norm or you could say they turn a blind eye again 2 faced....by the way won't be replying to trolls....have a nice day.

Banned

FYI I removed my own posts as the mods will confirm. Where is the 'freedom of speech' then when posting an article from the Independent and Haaretz becomes a 'slur' blatant bigotry and double standards and hypocrisy run rife

groenleader

I think maybe there is some confusion? We can have a debate on this … I think maybe there is some confusion? We can have a debate on this subject? This not the Blair era where the UK is to PC to say muslim or black. This is Brexit, the rules are changing and the people certainly have spoken. I am not sure there are off limits discussion encase it offends people, those silly days are past.The mods do not have to be neutral! This is not a public service, this is a private business, it can push any agenda it wants.

​But we must remember political correctness for other races, just not the Muslims or blacks.

Adam786123

So why does he has to be MUSLIM mayor of London....why not mayor of … So why does he has to be MUSLIM mayor of London....why not mayor of London....This is to do with original poster having issue with the Muslim bit....2 face or what....mods need to pull their fingers out and stop this faith bashing on this forum, seems the norm or you could say they turn a blind eye again 2 faced....by the way won't be replying to trolls....have a nice day.

you must be new round here (_;)

Why can't we all just shake hands and get along?

Banned

Adam786123

So why does he has to be MUSLIM mayor of London....why not mayor of … So why does he has to be MUSLIM mayor of London....why not mayor of London....This is to do with original poster having issue with the Muslim bit....2 face or what....mods need to pull their fingers out and stop this faith bashing on this forum, seems the norm or you could say they turn a blind eye again 2 faced....by the way won't be replying to trolls....have a nice day.

I suppose the emphasis is the fact that the vast majority of immigrants arriving into the U.K. are Muslim, and it could be seen as bias. One of the first things Khan tried to introduce was the banning of certain adverts on the London Underground with woman dressed in what he thinks is an inappropriate manner. What is unreasonable is the headline. All immigrants shouldn't be forced to assimilate, they should be encouraged and I guess that's more than likely Khan's position which in my opinion would be correct. To be a Muslim in today's world in the U.K. must be quite tough for the overwhelming vast majority. It's very wrong.

Edited by: "cchopps" 3rd Oct 2016

What an uplifting thread to start the week (_;)

I think what he said has been taken out of context. What I think he meant/said was that people shouldn't be expected to turn their backs on the values they grew up with, so long as said values/traditions don't break the law or have a negative effect on British values/other people's lives.
Edited by: "A1512" 3rd Oct 2016

cchopps

I suppose the emphasis is the fact that the vast majority of immigrants … I suppose the emphasis is the fact that the vast majority of immigrants arriving into the U.K. are Muslim, and it could be seen as bias. One of the first things Khan tried to introduce was the banning of certain adverts on the London Underground with woman dressed in what he thinks is an inappropriate manner. What is unreasonable is the headline. All immigrants shouldn't be forced to assimilate, they should be encouraged and I guess that's more than likely Khan's position which in my opinion would be correct. To be a Muslim in today's world in the U.K. must be quite tough for the overwhelming vast majority. It's very wrong.

but he didn't ban it because of his faith did he (_;) but lets not mention that fact. He has banned any advert that body shames, especially women and his reasons are well documented. the idea that's peddled that he banned body shaming adverts because of his faith is at best ignorant or at worst, trying to peddle the usual rhetoric that the OP is trying to push.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3599
    2. Boredom11
    3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)72568
    4. Add one, leave one game54415474

See more discussions