Expired

The nerve of some people......

Found 11th Aug 2008
I recently sold someone an N95 for £150 and now i see it on fleabay for £170. I am right ****** off with this person and have won the auction where they were selling it and told them that i did not like what they were doing and i would just buy the phone back for what they paid for it..... If they don't agree to this then it's going to be name and shame time.

I even told them i have a right mind to say it was stolen and get it barred....

ok rant over

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
107 Comments

huh? i dont get it. you sold it to them for £150 and they sold it on fleabay for £170? it was effectively their phone to do what they want with it? or am i reading the situation wrong?

technically what you did was against ebay rules. the item was no longer yours and therefore the ebay sale had nothing to do with you, no matter how morally wrong what they did was.

Lol,you can't do that! That's how the "world" works. You buy something,sell it on at a profit. I have been doing this on evilbay for years. Also good weeks bad weeks,win some loose some. It's nothing personal. He/She seen an opportunity to make an easy £20. Don't hate,appreciate :thumbsup:

*edit* You have got to be taking the pish surely?

i "think" he thought he was selling it for personal use not for resale.

It's their phone, they can do what they want with it. It's a buy sell society - if they want to sell it they can. For £170 though they're hardly making profit after fees. And if you won it for £170 then the last genuine bid would have been less, therefore even less profit. I suspect they may have found they no longer want it and have priced it higher to get rid of the fees and try to break even.

The same thing can happen at car boot sales, do you tell people off for doing it there?

I even told them i have a right mind to say it was stolen and get it … I even told them i have a right mind to say it was stolen and get it barred....

Not a good idea seeing as ebay can pull that message up if it happens...;

Original Poster

he told me that it was for him personally and now he's saying it was his wife's upgrade....not a happy camper.....not about the fact that he is re-selling it's the fact that i was lied to

Original Poster

i don't really care what ebay does.....i 'm not going to pay the £170 for it anyways...so it's strike one against me.....so what

zeus9876;2725528

he told me that it was for him personally and now he's saying it was his … he told me that it was for him personally and now he's saying it was his wife's upgrade....not a happy camper.....not about the fact that he is re-selling it's the fact that i was lied to

tough, basically. you just need to swallow it and move on, sorry.

As some have said, in my opinion, it's his to do what he wants with. You were wrong to break ebay rules and sabotage his auction, unless of course you decide to honour the auction and pay the amount that the auction finished at.

he took the risk on fleabay though, sometimes, phones dont go for that value, they go for less..... it was his choice i guess?

You got the money you wanted for it, so I don't see the problem...

If the other person then decides to sell it on, it has nothing to do with you.

Banned

Still its now his and its up to him to do what he wants to do with it. Your in the wrong mate, and quite frankly thats a bit of a sad thing to do. I'm sure all of us have bought something to sell it on for profit.

king1gazza;2725552

I'm sure all of us have bought something to sell it on for profit.

Welcome to HUKD?!

Original Poster

It was sold under false pretense if you ask me and is that right ? NO

Banned

It doesn't matter mate, in the real world you try and make as much moeny as possible. He bought it fair and sqaure off you for what you wanted. Its up to him what he does it with it. Move on mate...i'm sure theres more important things to moan about

Banned

You Cant Complain When It Was You Who Bought It Back Off Of Him For 170

Original Poster

I've bought nothing for £170 m8 and i won't be buying anything for £170 either

Banned

i think what the OP is getting at is the seller was probably expecting the phone to sell for £200+ but due to the wash of £99 N95's they have come down in value hence not getting what he wanted. I agree with OP totally wrong to abuse his trust and try and sell it for profit.

now name and shame please :evil:

Original Poster

Thank You

Im with the OP here, if his mate asked for the phone, saying, can I have it for a good price to use, and then sell it. It is well wrong.

I know that this is the way the world is, but when mates screw each other over it gets morally wrong. This is what is wrong with the world, and is going to cause major problems in the future. Dog eat dog will never get anyone anywhere in the long run.

aircanman;2725665

Im with the OP here, if his mate asked for the phone, saying, can I have … Im with the OP here, if his mate asked for the phone, saying, can I have it for a good price to use, and then sell it. It is well wrong. I know that this is the way the world is, but when mates screw each other over it gets morally wrong. This is what is wrong with the world, and is going to cause major problems in the future. Dog eat dog will never get anyone anywhere in the long run.

Who said it was his mate?

Banned

Liddle ol' me;2725679

We're all mates here :x:friends:

Liddle ol' me;2725679

ok fair enough, but its someone he has obviously struck a deal with.

If he has just sold it outright for £150, then tuff luck, but it seems a bit more personal from the original posts.

i think your being petty that he woul dhave got 20 quid more than you.

Did you sell it on here, if so name them!!

jennie-jack;2725753

i think your being petty that he woul dhave got 20 quid more than you.

my view is this also mind. it is only £20. Just put it this way, this person selling it on relieves you of all troubles and stresses of it going wrong or the winner not liking it etc (usual ebay trials and tribulations)

Count yourself lucky lol and SMILE! :-D

Let it go mate.

looking at your feedback you sold a samsung soul on here for £150 but no trace of a N95. Maybe it wasnt on here then!!

aircanman;2725711

ok fair enough, but its someone he has obviously struck a deal with. If … ok fair enough, but its someone he has obviously struck a deal with. If he has just sold it outright for £150, then tuff luck, but it seems a bit more personal from the original posts.

well, zeus has certainly made it 'personal', but he hasn't clarified this yet. But whoever he sold it to, I think he has abused the eBay system by buying something at a price he has no intention to pay. And it seems like sour grapes to me - zeus doesn't own it anymore. The new owner has every right to sell it on, irrespective of what he said in the haggling process. If he had always intended to sell it on, then it's still nothing to do with zeus. And the other possibility is that the seller's circumstances have changed! I might want something one day and change my mind the next - does that mean I can't sell it on for the best price I can get? Of course not. And I also think zeus has been unwise to post this here - how many people are going to want to buy something off him now if they think he'll respond like this?

Banned

it was his phone so he could do what he wants with it

you got the money you wanted for it or you wouldn't have sold it, so why are you unhappy if you wanted more money for it you should of sold it on ebay yourself not the buyers fault for reselling as it was their phone, i can understand you being p!ssed off at the guy but your in the wrong and i think that you should be the one apologizing for being childish

I don't see what your problem is OP.

You sold the phone for what you felt was a fair and reasonable price, one which you were happy with no doubt.

The buyer bought the phone, yes, he may have said it was for his wife, but so what? Maybe she decided she didn't like it - us women can be darned fickle! But no matter what, you have sold that phone and have absolutely no right over what happens to it once you have your money and have let go of the phone.

You are the one who has acted dishonorably, not the original buyer!

the fee's from ebay on selling something for £170 MUST be more than £20, so they are probably loosing money anyway, would be interesting if the person who bought it were to join this discussion themselves and deffend their choice to resell, bit one sided at the moment mate.

Mike..

Did you sell the item initially on here or on eBay?

Banned

LMAO

Its legally their phone, even if they paid you £1 for it, it makes no difference, lmao...

Its their phone they can do what they like with it, what if they didnt like it etc, it doesnt really matter though its actually their property trying to get it blocked after you sold it, you will just end up getting yourself into trouble

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/223657/for-sale-bnib-nokia-n95-with-maps-1/showthread.php?t=223657&page=4

Looks like it was listed on here earlier, but seems zeus sold it elsewhere - or at least not on the thread.

Sloth/Mod

I'm afraid i have to say..........i agree with the majority here. As long as you were happy with the £150 you got then it shouldn't matter.

Everyone likes to make a few quid where they can.

MobilePhonez;2725860

Its legally their phone, even if they paid you £1 for it, it makes no … Its legally their phone, even if they paid you £1 for it, it makes no difference, lmao...Its their phone they can do what they like with it, what if they didnt like it etc, it doesnt really matter though its actually their property trying to get it blocked after you sold it, you will just end up getting yourself into trouble

Ok, I can see what people are saying, but doesnt anyone have any sympathy for the OP?

If you sold something in all honesty to someone, and then they think they can make some money from you, wouldnt you be annoyed?

Different people have different ways of dealing with things, morally, the act was WRONG. Legally, it was fine. But try to see it from the OP side, it would peeve me right off.

Sloth/Mod

aircanman;2725878

Ok, I can see what people are saying, but doesnt anyone have any sympathy … Ok, I can see what people are saying, but doesnt anyone have any sympathy for the OP? If you sold something in all honesty to someone, and then they think they can make some money from you, wouldnt you be annoyed? Different people have different ways of dealing with things, morally, the act was WRONG. Legally, it was fine. But try to see it from the OP side, it would peeve me right off.

It's the same as anything though......shops buy things from suppliers for more than what the supplier paid the manufacturer and then we pay more than everyone. It's how we have a economy.

aircanman;2725878

Ok, I can see what people are saying, but doesnt anyone have any sympathy … Ok, I can see what people are saying, but doesnt anyone have any sympathy for the OP?

No!!!

If i were Zeus i'd also be a bit p*ssed off at the whole situation/lies being told by the new seller, but on the other hand i would be pleased that i made more money than the new owner/seller would ever get for it (due to the £99 N95 deals that are floating about).

Unfortunately ebay has a few of these people on there.
Zeus - never mind mate, live and learn.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Ashes thread(prizes)619
  2. A christmas wish33
  3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771958
  4. The Dark Knight Trilogy remastered in 4K UHD. Released December 18.33
  5. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…8281557

See more discussions