The New 13th Zodiac Sign Ophiuchus. Questions

Expert (Beta)47
Posted 14th Jul 2020Edited by:"myusernamehasgone234"
The 13th Zodiac Sign Ophiuchus has just been brought to my attention and while not a particularly new discovery it's existence is resurfacing online currently and this is the first I had heard of it hence the reason for this discussion.

Why the change from NASA

When the Babylonians first invented the 12 signs of zodiac, a birthday between about July 23 and August 22 meant being born under the constellation Leo. Now, 3,000 years later, the sky has shifted because Earth's axis (North Pole) doesn't point in quite the same direction

The constellations are different sizes and shapes, so the Sun spends different lengths of time lined up with each one. The line from Earth through the Sun points to Virgo for 45 days, but it points to Scorpius for only 7 days. To make a tidy match with their 12-month calendar, the Babylonians ignored the fact that the Sun actually moves through 13 constellations, not 12. Then they assigned each of those 12 constellations equal amounts of time. Besides the 12 familiar constellations of the zodiac, the Sun is also aligned with Ophiuchus for about 18 days each year.

If you were born between Nov. 29 and Dec. 17, you are an Opiuchus. Your sign is a snake-holding man called also called a Serpentarius, and you are a peace-seeker who has a thirst for knowledge and secret enemies in your close circles.

Date Range: Nov. 30 - Dec. 17
Element: Fire
Ruling Planet: Jupiter
Lucky Color: Purple
Lucky Flowers: pansies, calamus, black roses, etc.
Personality: capricious, hesitant, calm, thoughtful, cold-blooded
Best Compatibility: Leo, Gemini
Ophiuchus represents the courage and perseverance of fighting against death and people under the Ophiuchus sign can hardly be defeated. Being loyal and steady, they have a strict standard on the good and the evil. In addition, Ophiuchus people have their own ideal and goal and always stride forward to challenges with the strong motivation.

New dates for the other signs so everyone others are affected

• Capricorn: January 20th to February 16th
  • Aquarius: February 16th to March 11th
  • Pisces: March 11th to April 18th
  • Aries: April 18th to May 13th
  • Taurus: May 13th to June 21st
  • Gemini: June 21st to July 20th
  • Cancer: July 20th to August 10th
  • Leo: August 10th to September 16th
  • Virgo: September 16th to October 30th
  • Libra: October 30th to November 23rd
  • Scorpio: November 23rd to November 29th
  • Ophiuchus: November 29th to December 17th
  • Sagittarius: December 17th to January 20th

Do you read your Horoscope?

As Astrology and Astronomy are completely different do you think this is going to effect anything?

Are you born over the new 13th sign? Ophiuchus

Just curious to see if many people have a interest in Astrology and what this discover will mean to them.

NASA

spaceplace.nasa.gov/sta…en/

Cosmopolitan

cosmopolitan.com/lif…us/

Yourzodiacsign

yourzodiacsign.com/dat…htm
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Just wish this had been changed before I had a massive Libra tattoo covering my entire body
47 Comments
So I'm no longer a Libra now I'm a Virgo?
Do you read your Horoscope?

As Astrology and Astronomy are completely different do you think this is going to effect anything?

Are you born over the new 13th sign? Ophiuchus

Just curious to see if many people have a interest in Astrology and what this discover will mean to them.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 14th Jul
brailer14/07/2020 08:23

So I'm no longer a Libra now I'm a Virgo?

I've swapped from Gemini to Taurus
Just wish this had been changed before I had a massive Libra tattoo covering my entire body
brailer14/07/2020 08:30

Just wish this had been changed before I had a massive Libra tattoo …Just wish this had been changed before I had a massive Libra tattoo covering my entire body

brailer14/07/2020 08:30

Just wish this had been changed before I had a massive Libra tattoo …Just wish this had been changed before I had a massive Libra tattoo covering my entire body

I'm not sure the change is widely accepted amongst most branches of Astrology so you'll be ok
brailer14/07/2020 08:45

Any info on mine please

Yep will have look
I'm now under the new sign apparently
Just goes to show how much rubbish star signs are and all that guff people believe from reading it

I'm apparently the new 13th sign now
How does anyone believe in this zodiac hocus-pocus anyway?

Looks like I've posted the13th comment. Maybe it was ordained in the stars
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 14th Jul
Lol.
Predikuesi14/07/2020 09:13

How does anyone believe in this zodiac hocus-pocus anyway?Looks like I've …How does anyone believe in this zodiac hocus-pocus anyway?Looks like I've posted the13th comment. Maybe it was ordained in the stars

People believe in all kinds of things.

I personally don't read my horoscope but I know many people do.

I don't think you should mock people because their beliefs are different to yours.

Be respectful it's no different any other faiths or religion.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 14th Jul
Angelica114/07/2020 09:06

I'm now under the new sign apparently

Are you happy with that?

Does it suit you better?
myusernamehasgone23414/07/2020 09:27

People believe in all kinds of things.I don't think you should mock people …People believe in all kinds of things.I don't think you should mock people because their beliefs are different to yours.Be respectful it's not different any other faiths or religion.

I didn't mock anyone, but surely belief in this subject is open to debate. I've read every one of the Zodiac descriptions, and in every one of them I can see something about myself. Zodiac readings are just based on non-specifics and generalities that anyone can see something they believe to be true about themselves.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 14th Jul
Predikuesi14/07/2020 09:33

I didn't mock anyone, but surely belief in this subject is open to debate. …I didn't mock anyone, but surely belief in this subject is open to debate. I've read every one of the Zodiac descriptions, and in every one of them I can see something about myself. Zodiac readings are just based on non-specifics and generalities that anyone can see something they believe to be true about themselves.

I felt referring to Astrology as hocus-pocus was mocking it. Perhaps I interpret it wrongly.

Absolutely up for debate and people can have different opinions.
myusernamehasgone23414/07/2020 09:45

I felt referring to Astrology as hocus-pocus was mocking it. Perhaps I …I felt referring to Astrology as hocus-pocus was mocking it. Perhaps I interpret it wrongly. Absolutely up for debate and people can have different opinions.

I don't see it as mocking, but in the same way if people believe in it and their beliefs respected, so should it be for people that do not believe.

Each to their own, it doesn't affect me if someone else believes and follows.
a666andy14/07/2020 09:54

I don't see it as mocking, but in the same way if people believe in it and …I don't see it as mocking, but in the same way if people believe in it and their beliefs respected, so should it be for people that do not believe.Each to their own, it doesn't affect me if someone else believes and follows.

“How does anyone believe in this zodiac hocus-pocus anyway?”

I must have read that the wrong way that all.
Only the poster can say for sure if mocking, but to me it's an expression of not believing.

However, it's just how I read it as it doesn't bother me lol

Anyway, onwards and upwards
Edited by: "a666andy" 14th Jul
deleted5655
I have always been Libra, well balanced with a chip on both shoulders.
Under this new system I am now Virgo which is impossible as I am rubbish at snooker.
deleted565514/07/2020 10:21

I have always been Libra, well balanced with a chip on both …I have always been Libra, well balanced with a chip on both shoulders.Under this new system I am now Virgo which is impossible as I am rubbish at snooker.

Nope
Capricorn: January 20th to February 16th
Aquarius: February 16th to March 11th
Pisces: March 11th to April 18th
Aries: April 18th to May 13th
Taurus: May 13th to June 21st
Gemini: June 21st to July 20th
Cancer: July 20th to August 10th
Leo: August 10th to September 16th
Virgo: September 16th to October 30th
Libra: October 30th to November 23rd
Scorpio: November 23rd to November 29th
Ophiuchus: November 29th to December 17th
Sagittarius: December 17th to January 20th

Bo**ocks. Why does each sin last date match the first date of the next sign? You can pick and choose which one you want to be!
suejb214/07/2020 13:39

Capricorn: January 20th to February 16thAquarius: February 16th to March …Capricorn: January 20th to February 16thAquarius: February 16th to March 11thPisces: March 11th to April 18thAries: April 18th to May 13thTaurus: May 13th to June 21stGemini: June 21st to July 20thCancer: July 20th to August 10thLeo: August 10th to September 16thVirgo: September 16th to October 30thLibra: October 30th to November 23rdScorpio: November 23rd to November 29thOphiuchus: November 29th to December 17thSagittarius: December 17th to January 20thBo**ocks. Why does each sin last date match the first date of the next sign? You can pick and choose which one you want to be!

I guess you can decide which suits you best if your born on those dates.
myusernamehasgone23414/07/2020 17:24

Find The Pokemon Match For Your Zodiac …Find The Pokemon Match For Your Zodiac Signhttps://www.bustle.com/articles/173920-what-pokemon-are-you-based-on-your-zodiac-sign-your-birthday-tells-you-more-about-your[Image]

From boringDoduo, to Hitmonchan
I saw this earlier today... I'm now supposedly a pisces with none of its traits..

like I give a $%&^
I've gone from Cancer to Gemini which actually explains a lot
OP you are wrong- not everyone is affected my sign stayed the same and happy about that, faithful to my sign
sydney214/07/2020 20:17

OP you are wrong- not everyone is affected my sign stayed the same and …OP you are wrong- not everyone is affected my sign stayed the same and happy about that, faithful to my sign

Best update that then.
better get a more reliable source next time
to myusernamehasgone234 for liking my comment
sydney214/07/2020 20:17

OP you are wrong- not everyone is affected my sign stayed the same and …OP you are wrong- not everyone is affected my sign stayed the same and happy about that, faithful to my sign

Updated

"New dates for the other signs so everyone others are affected"
myusernamehasgone23414/07/2020 20:21

Updated "New dates for the other signs so everyone others are affected"

Just a bit of fun but thanks I didn’t know about the 13th zodiac sign until ur post
Edited by: "sydney2" 14th Jul
sydney214/07/2020 20:22

Just a bit of fun

Yeah squeezing in the new sign has bumped many people in to new signs but as you of course pointed out not everyone.

I think what it was saying was that it just wanted one or two signs effected, it had a knock of effect to all the signs.

Hopefully it's a bit clearer now.
Post a comment
@
    Text