The New LG C2 range is here!Might be a good idea to wait!

Posted 5th Jan 2022
3866278-W1qXn.jpg
We're pleased to see the success of the Evo panel is now being cascaded down to the C2, bringing the brighter picture performance down to a lower price point.

We'll have to wait to get our hands on both the G2 and C2 to see how much of a difference the former's heat dissipation layer makes, but the C2 looks likely to be a very well-specc'd prospect regardless, with the newest version of the Alpha 9 processor and all of the latest gaming features.

It's is also available in more sizes than any other model in the range, starting at a new 42-inch size and going right up to 83-inches. However, buyers should note that the two smallest sizes – 42-inch and 48-inch – do not feature the OLED Evo technology and instead have standard OLED panels.

• Display type: Evo OLED for 55-inch and bigger, standard OLED for 42-inch and 48-inch models
  • Resolution: 4K
  • Sizes: 42-inch, 48-inch, 55-inch, 65-inch, 77-inch, 83-inch
  • Processor: Alpha 9 Gen 5
  • Sound: TBC
  • HDMI 2.1: Yes
  • Refresh rate: 120Hz
  • 4K@120Hz: Yes
LG C2 pricing:

• LG OLED42C2 – £TBC / $TBC / AU$TBC
  • LG OLED48C2 – £TBC / $TBC / AU$TBC
  • LG OLED55C2 – £TBC / $TBC / AU$TBC
  • LG OLED65C2 – £TBC / $TBC / AU$TBC
  • LG OLED77C2 – £TBC / $TBC / AU$TBC
  • LG OLED83C2 – £TBC / $TBC / AU$TBC
Community Updates
Competitions
New Comment
6 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Evo tech was a bit of a let down, wasn’t much bright compared to the older gen.

Looks like the QD-OLED will provide true next gen brightness on OLED.
  2. Avatar
    jalaldevil05/01/2022 16:23

Evo tech was a bit of a let down, wasn’t much bright compared to the older …Evo tech was a bit of a let down, wasn’t much bright compared to the older gen. Looks like the QD-OLED will provide true next gen brightness on OLED.

Did you see the Linus video on it? They were showing QD-OLED alongside the G1 and talking about how great it was, it looked pretty washed out to me. I'll always take true black over raw nits. Hopefully it was just a settings thing
  3. Avatar
    What do you think the RRP for LG OLED55C2 will be?
  4. Avatar
    ComingInHot05/01/2022 16:32

55 £1800 until end of year and will see deals around 1300-1400
  5. Avatar
    porthos202005/01/2022 16:27

Did you see the Linus video on it? They were showing QD-OLED alongside the …Did you see the Linus video on it? They were showing QD-OLED alongside the G1 and talking about how great it was, it looked pretty washed out to me. I'll always take true black over raw nits. Hopefully it was just a settings thing

Yeah and was ironic as he was all over the LG last year! The video was sponsored by Samsung so wonder how "whiter than white" the new washing powder really was ... Will have to wait for independent reviews but was convincing! I got an LG 48 CX after techyescity review. The 42 inch looks great!
  6. Avatar
    ComingInHot05/01/2022 16:32

I wouldnt bet against. £1799 You'll get the typical currys £100 off after a few weeks, then deals of around £1500-£1600 leading up to black friday and then you'll get deals of around £1200-£1300. After that it's really whatever LG rebates them for retailers/etailers. Leading up to christmas you'll get the odd stand out of £999 but generally hover around £1100.

porthos202005/01/2022 16:27

Did you see the Linus video on it? They were showing QD-OLED alongside the …Did you see the Linus video on it? They were showing QD-OLED alongside the G1 and talking about how great it was, it looked pretty washed out to me. I'll always take true black over raw nits. Hopefully it was just a settings thing

Never listen to Linus. He literally creamed himself over the 48" oled to use for gaming only for a couple of videos later him going back to his normal monitor. Not after he probably influenced thousands to buy the oled. Linus is a shill.
    Edited by: "581d" 1 m ago
Post a comment
Top Merchants