Groups

THE NEW MOTHER AND BABY THREAD

It does what it says on the tin ladies! I thought it was about time there was a thread dedicated to motherhood. feel free to discuss anything from pregnancy, and birth to toddler tantrums and teenage strops! anything goes! Birth stories, tips and hints that helped you, breast feeding/bottle feeding, weening, home birth or hospital, your ups and downs along the way!
    natural birth to epidurals, colic, coping with night time feeds, interfering inlaws lol to the new bond between you and your mum now your a mother. Even the naughty step LOL
    so come on girls get your piles and episiotomies out and lets talk!

oh and GUYS if you dont want TMI ... dont come in lol

119 Comments

Original Poster

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9036/40062688042929449bdks0.jpg

how did you feel the first time you held your new baby?

What a good thread thanks Nikki.
    First time I held my baby I had this huge rush of love and then I thought s*** thats now five kids we've got.
    I cut the cord after my last baby was born as my OH didn't fancy it.
    I had a home birth and would recommend it anyone was so much better than the hospital.

overwelmed with love and relief, after pushing for four hours in all, it was just a relief to have my baby boy in my arms.

with tabatha was different. i was kinda shocked she arrived so fast, 35mins pushing, then fear set in a bit that id loose her too.

we going for home birth this time, went for home water birth first time but didnt go to plan unfortunaley. cant wait till this baby arrives, plan to do the "baby crawl" instaed of putting baby to breast. baby makes his/her own way to the breast.

cant wait to find out what we have a little Constantine or a little Autumn. and looking forward to a glass of pink cava that i got in the fridge ready.

oh and by the way, if anyone needs advice with breast feeding i am a trained breast feeding peer supporter. we provided mother to mother support, all peer supporters have recieved 18hours initial training and we have two hours a month extra, compared to knew midwifes who recieve only basic 18hours plus two, one hour sessions extra training a year (on breastfeeding) we have all also exclusively breast fed for at least 6 months.

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v251/216/124/584625132/n584625132_2992675_3458.jpg newborn Malachi

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v251/216/124/584625132/n584625132_2980304_2406.jpg newborn Tabatha

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/v223/1224/15/q584625132_7113.jpg Pumpernickle at 21week scan, due in 38days time

Original Poster

macdoona;2994824

What a good thread thanks Nikki. Fist time I held my baby I had this huge … What a good thread thanks Nikki. Fist time I held my baby I had this huge rush of love and then I thought s*** thats now five kids we've got.I cut the cord after my last baby was born as my OH didn't fancy it.I had a home birth and would recommend it anyone was so much better than the hospital.

hi hunny

aww how lovely :-D i wanted a home birth with both my third and fourth but as i went over
    weeks over due i ended up going into hospital i would have loved a home birth xx mind you my third was almost born on the way there lol so wish i had had the courage to stand my ground and stop at home !

Original Poster

mummyspam1985;2994977

overwelmed with love and relief, after pushing for four hours in all, it … overwelmed with love and relief, after pushing for four hours in all, it was just a relief to have my baby boy in my arms. with tabatha was different. i was kinda shocked she arrived so fast, 35mins pushing, then fear set in a bit that id loose her too. we going for home birth this time, went for home water birth first time but didnt go to plan unfortunaley. cant wait till this baby arrives, plan to do the "baby crawl" instaed of putting baby to breast. baby makes his/her own way to the breast. cant wait to find out what we have a little Constantine or a little Autumn. and looking forward to a glass of pink cava that i got in the fridge ready.

awww thanks a wonderful thing iv seen babies do that on tv .. amazing thier instincts to know where the milk is eh !

Original Poster

mummyspam1985;2995001

oh and by the way, if anyone needs advice with breast feeding i am a … oh and by the way, if anyone needs advice with breast feeding i am a trained breast feeding peer supporter. we provided mother to mother support, all peer supporters have recieved 18hours initial training and we have two hours a month extra, compared to knew midwifes who recieve only basic 18hours plus two, one hour sessions extra training a year (on breastfeeding) we have all also exclusively breast fed for at least 6 months.

fantastic! our own expert :-D i loved breats feeding mine it was something i almost didnt want to end

Original Poster

mummyspam1985;2995126

newborn Malachi newborn Tabatha Pumpernickle at 21week scan, due in … newborn Malachi newborn Tabatha Pumpernickle at 21week scan, due in 38days time

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww talk about make me broody and the scan photo is amazing !!!!!!!!!! cant wait to hear your good news :-D

Awwww seeing this thread has gone and made me feel all broody

Original Poster

robtallica;2995350

Awwww seeing this thread has gone and made me feel all broody:o

awwww well thats not such a bad thing is it ?

nicki3668;2995382

awwww well thats not such a bad thing is it ?

erm it's rather odd for a guy:p

Original Poster

robtallica;2995400

erm it's rather odd for a guy:p

well maybe a little but i think it lovely wish more men got broody .... shame im to old to have another now im so broody at the moment lol

nicki3668;2995404

well maybe a little but i think it lovely wish more men got broody .... … well maybe a little but i think it lovely wish more men got broody .... shame im to old to have another now im so broody at the moment lol

lol, hope that wasn't an offer:w00t:

Original Poster

robtallica;2995410

lol, hope that wasn't an offer:w00t:

lol i think your a bit late hun ... im 40 and got 4 under my belt already hahahaha

Original Poster

i wonder how ilovepink is doing ? wonder if she has had her baby yet awwww :-D

Banned

robtallica;2995350

Awwww seeing this thread has gone and made me feel all broody:o

glad its not just me feeling broody...thought I was on the change :?

Original Poster

ODB_69;2995472

glad its not just me feeling broody...thought I was on the change :?

awwww another one how sweet :-D

maybe we should all take precautions this could get complicated lol :w00t:

lol things are getting complicated, catch yall later:)

Banned

nicki3668;2995480

maybe we should all take precautions this could get complicated lol :w00t:

What EXACTLY are you offering here Nicki?:?

Original Poster

ODB_69;2995513

What EXACTLY are you offering here Nicki?:?:p

lol i never said a word :whistling:

off to work be back after 12 guys !

oh and ladies MORE GORGEOUS BABY PICS PLEASE! :-D

Awww, I remember mine when they were that age, so cute and quiet.

Now a the ripe old ages of 3 and 4 (almost 5) they both get up far too early for my liking, tea times are like a chimps tea party and the fighting makes you want to go back to bed and hide under the covers. Kids, ay :-D

hi my wife had 2 c sec the 1st was a emergency 2nd was planned i cut the cord on both when my boy was born ( my 1st ) i cryed and my little girl yep cryed then to i was the first to dress them both the hard bit was my boy was born 22nd dec and came out 29th dec and i had to leave them at kicking out time and go home aloan i hated it just wanted them home. and on xmas day i was holding boy looking out at hospital window and it started snowing it was great.

Poppy is my 3rd baby and I had an amazing birth experience with her. I had a hospital water birth. I was able to deliver her into my own arms and put her straight onto the breast. Only 3 hours 25 minutes labour and only 7 minutes pushing. She weighed a healthy 8lbs 13.5oz.

The minute I held her I felt absolute joy and was totally overwhelmed. It was amazing being able to give birth with just Gas & Air. (Had a long back to back labour with my first and an epidural & and epidural for my 2nd)

Anyhow she is almost 9 months old now and a very cheeky monkey.

This is a picture of her at around 6 weeks old.
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/beckyboo_album/poppy-cute.jpg

and here is a recent picture of her....
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/beckyboo_album/Poppyfairy.jpg

I have a question! I breastfed for 18 months and now my previous size d's has shrivelled to horrid saggy b's. As i had a good pair before i never needed gel, push up, "chicken fillet" etc so can anyone tell me what is best to wear to improve my bust a bit. Now i work part time i can't afford to spend loads trying different ones, thanks so much in advance.

Banned

jellybaby22;2995787

awww...seeing all these wee babies has made me all broody......maybe time … awww...seeing all these wee babies has made me all broody......maybe time for another one.....the thought of the sleepless nights still puts me off though....:giggle:

:?

So....when u gonna let me knock u up? ;-)

Banned

jellybaby22;2995803

:w00t: dear god..where is the romance.......:w00t:

well,....u wont come down for that, so may as well dispense with the pleasantries!

laineycross;2995774

I have a question! I breastfed for 18 months and now my previous size d's … I have a question! I breastfed for 18 months and now my previous size d's has shrivelled to horrid saggy b's. As i had a good pair before i never needed gel, push up, "chicken fillet" etc so can anyone tell me what is best to wear to improve my bust a bit. Now i work part time i can't afford to spend loads trying different ones, thanks so much in advance.

can i just make a very important comment, theres been research done into breast feeding making boobs sag and its not actually the case, the research shows that its actually pregnancy that causes the sag and reduced size, that some women expieriernce.

sorry thought was importnat to stress as this is something alot of people say put them off breast feeding.

ethel austin do the chicken fillet things for few pounds. i just tend to wear tshirt bra's from primark, give them a little extra size (i was aa cup before having babes) bout a c now as pregnant.

also primakr do bra's with a gel filling for well under a tenner

I'm getting married in 2 months, already have 2 kids but h2b hasn't any, we always said my 2 were enough. Now h2b has started saying he'd love us to have a baby. I always said I'd love one, always feel dead broody, but now that we're really talking and thinking about it it scares me silly - I'm 39, I'm so worried I'll not be able to conceive or if I do the baby won't be healthy. Eek! Help!

jellybaby22;2995863

That was one of the reasons I didnt breastfeed...( I know..very shallow) … That was one of the reasons I didnt breastfeed...( I know..very shallow) but my midwife told me it was true.......Being pregnant had the opposite effect for me...my boobs got much bigger and never got smaller afterwards.....:?

see thats what i mean alot of women do feel that way. its very new reserch, that was even published in a national newspaper. unfortunalty ive misplaced my copy of it, but if i can find a link to it on net then i shall post on here. its a great shame that the myth is preventing more children from getting the best possible start in life. being a double A when i fell pregnant and only being 19 this was never gonna be an issue for me anyway.

i mean how saggy can an AA cup get anyway:whistling:

also not everyone gets saggy breasts from pregnancy either. its kind of like stretch mark some of are prone to it, some of are not. i dont really know if mine sag at moment as i'm always either pregnant or breastfeeding ha ha:w00t:

tessb;2995909

I'm getting married in 2 months, already have 2 kids but h2b hasn't any, … I'm getting married in 2 months, already have 2 kids but h2b hasn't any, we always said my 2 were enough. Now h2b has started saying he'd love us to have a baby. I always said I'd love one, always feel dead broody, but now that we're really talking and thinking about it it scares me silly - I'm 39, I'm so worried I'll not be able to conceive or if I do the baby won't be healthy. Eek! Help!

ahh bless you, how old are your other two?

my sister in law had my two nephews at 32 and 33. both are perfically healthy. they do check you more over 35 (used to be 30), obviously there are more risk involved, but i suppose thats your choice. biggest risk id worry bout personally is the downs syndrome, but to be honest i was told my second may be downs syndrome, she wasnt but i refused to even go through with tests, wouldnt love her any less. and as my family said at the time, you wont get a more loving child.

good luck though. with wedding and conieveing obvioulsy.

tessb;2995909

I'm getting married in 2 months, already have 2 kids but h2b hasn't any, … I'm getting married in 2 months, already have 2 kids but h2b hasn't any, we always said my 2 were enough. Now h2b has started saying he'd love us to have a baby. I always said I'd love one, always feel dead broody, but now that we're really talking and thinking about it it scares me silly - I'm 39, I'm so worried I'll not be able to conceive or if I do the baby won't be healthy. Eek! Help!

My mum's 42 and has been pregnant every year for the past 4 years... All of them have been perfectly fine.

Lots of luck xx

BECKYBOO;2995615

Poppy is my 3rd baby and I had an amazing birth experience with her. I … Poppy is my 3rd baby and I had an amazing birth experience with her. I had a hospital water birth. I was able to deliver her into my own arms and put her straight onto the breast. Only 3 hours 25 minutes labour and only 7 minutes pushing. She weighed a healthy 8lbs 13.5oz.The minute I held her I felt absolute joy and was totally overwhelmed. It was amazing being able to give birth with just Gas & Air. (Had a long back to back labour with my first and an epidural & and epidural for my 2nd)Anyhow she is almost 9 months old now and a very cheeky monkey.This is a picture of her at around 6 weeks old.and here is a recent picture of her....

Awww Becky! She's SO gorgeous!

My 2 are 15 and 13 and would probably be mortified if I got pregnant lol, they are horrified at the very thought of us having sex, any mention of us having an early night or nipping off to bed for an hour in the afternoon is met with rolled eyes and red faces. It is Downs' Syndrome that would be my biggest worry too, I really don't know if I would be able to look after a child that would take so much looking after for so long. But then again, there are never any guarantees with anything..

Banned

*scratches head and wonders why he is still reading this thread?!*

tessb;2996053

My 2 are 15 and 13 and would probably be mortified if I got pregnant lol, … My 2 are 15 and 13 and would probably be mortified if I got pregnant lol, they are horrified at the very thought of us having sex, any mention of us having an early night or nipping off to bed for an hour in the afternoon is met with rolled eyes and red faces. It is Downs' Syndrome that would be my biggest worry too, I really don't know if I would be able to look after a child that would take so much looking after for so long. But then again, there are never any guarantees with anything..

so true. my BIL is autistic, he's now 35 and my other half worries what will happen when his parents go, they were only 20 when they had him. obvioulsy we will take over visiting him and taking him out for days etc (he lives in home) but as his parents were young they got loads of life left in them yet- touch wood.

as for the other kids, they prob think its gross that u having sex but would probably love a brother or sister once they arrived. most teenagers are good with little babies.

glad i found this so thought i would jump in and say hi, i have a 2year old daughter and currently pregnant, this pregnancy is so different from the last, i wasnt as sick and my back is killing me and my god can this baby move, melissa never moved that much when i was pregnant with her, and when she was a baby she only woke up for food she never cried, and now she's in bed for 6pm and up at 8/9am, so i know this baby will prob be a pain in the bum lol, never breast fed with melissa go im gonna try with this one, with melissa i was going to give it a go but i had a 3rd degree tear and had to go into thearter to be stiched up and had loads of wires and things sicking out of me and i just wanted to be left alone, so i didnt bother, got to go back in october and have more blood tests but hopefully they would of found my pregnancy notes bby the time i go back

babyxxxxx;2996164

glad i found this so thought i would jump in and say hi, i have a 2year … glad i found this so thought i would jump in and say hi, i have a 2year old daughter and currently pregnant, this pregnancy is so different from the last, i wasnt as sick and my back is killing me and my god can this baby move, melissa never moved that much when i was pregnant with her, and when she was a baby she only woke up for food she never cried, and now she's in bed for 6pm and up at 8/9am, so i know this baby will prob be a pain in the bum lol, never breast fed with melissa go im gonna try with this one, with melissa i was going to give it a go but i had a 3rd degree tear and had to go into thearter to be stiched up and had loads of wires and things sicking out of me and i just wanted to be left alone, so i didnt bother, got to go back in october and have more blood tests but hopefully they would of found my pregnancy notes bby the time i go back

ahh thats such a shame, breast feeding is such a beautiful thing and so good for both you and your baby. hopefully things will go better with this baby. when are due. my little one just turned two and im due in 5 and a half weeks time.

mummyspam1985;2996188

ahh thats such a shame, breast feeding is such a beautiful thing and so … ahh thats such a shame, breast feeding is such a beautiful thing and so good for both you and your baby. hopefully things will go better with this baby. when are due. my little one just turned two and im due in 5 and a half weeks time.

im due 9th jan so ive got a while to go yet, trying to have this baby in a birthing centre or at home but there a bit unsure because of my tear

here a charming photo a melissa lol

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/tinkabell552/0032-1.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio11
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764199
      3. WWE SummerSlam 2017 discussion thread!11
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1523

See more discussions