Groups

The Office Season 4 finally out on DVD!! Who's getting it?

It's been delayed more times than the 19.30 to King's Cross but now it's finally out!

22 Comments

Er.....you know you can get it much sooner on Region 1? Had this for ages already!!!!

Supermod

Nope. I cannot stand the US version.

Banned

Put some effort in OP - season 5's been out on region one for ages:thumbsup:

But it is very good, in a different way than the original so no comparing:whistling:

FilthAndFurry;8843359

Put some effort in OP - season 5's been out on region one for … Put some effort in OP - season 5's been out on region one for ages:thumbsup:But it is very good, in a different way than the original so no comparing:whistling:

Agreed, very good comedy show, and no point trying to compare to UK office as not even similar style of comedy. How can you not love Dwight??!!

Just finished watching season3 love the show, took abit of getting used to though!!

Of course you can compare. Which is more entertaining? Uk Office obviously.

Banned

mr.potato_head;8843438

Of course you can compare. Which is more entertaining? Uk Office … Of course you can compare. Which is more entertaining? Uk Office obviously.

Why is it obvious? The US version has had far more time to flesh out the characters and their relationships. The US version was also at it's worst when it relied to heavily on the British influence.

If I had to choose which one I've enjoyed most, I'd say the US version. It doesn't mean the UK version is rubbish, it's just my favourite.

Original Poster

richardcotton;8843306

Er.....you know you can get it much sooner on Region 1? Had this for ages … Er.....you know you can get it much sooner on Region 1? Had this for ages already!!!!

Yes I know, ive got season 5 too, but alot of people only buy PAL dvds so I was curious

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;8843359

Put some effort in OP - season 5's been out on region one for … Put some effort in OP - season 5's been out on region one for ages:thumbsup:But it is very good, in a different way than the original so no comparing:whistling:

Region 1 is america... this is a UK site, most people will only have region 2 players

I hated the office US for about the first 4 episodes, since then I have watched seasons 1-5 and absolutely loved it, I prefer it to the british one tbh

Original Poster

mr.potato_head;8843438

Of course you can compare. Which is more entertaining? Uk Office … Of course you can compare. Which is more entertaining? Uk Office obviously.

US!

FilthAndFurry;8843627

Why is it obvious? The US version has had far more time to flesh out the … Why is it obvious? The US version has had far more time to flesh out the characters and their relationships. The US version was also at it's worst when it relied to heavily on the British influence.If I had to choose which one I've enjoyed most, I'd say the US version. It doesn't mean the UK version is rubbish, it's just my favourite.

I just personally think that the UK version depicts office life a hell of a lot better than the US version.

You still get the sense of relationship between the characters even though its only two series. This just shows how genius it really is. Being British I prefer the Britsish style of humour, even if Americans try it just isn't the same. Hence the term, 'British humour'.

Us version is ok but Uk version is miles better.

Dantooine;8843836

Region 1 is america... this is a UK site, most people will only have … Region 1 is america... this is a UK site, most people will only have region 2 players

Equally, most people will know how to unlock their DVD players as its very easy

Original Poster

richardcotton;8843950

Equally, most people will know how to unlock their DVD players as its … Equally, most people will know how to unlock their DVD players as its very easy

I disagree, most would not.

mr.potato_head;8843438

They have the same name butdiffedrent comedy styles

UK is very good and more deadpan, clearly much more of a documentary based comedy

US version is not shot in the same style of deadpan comedy, much crazier stuff happening as well so bit more over the top, but equally very good

Would certianly not say they are that comparable - as you can see from when they got the US version to do the 1st episode of the UK version - it just didnt work at all

Dantooine;8843962

I disagree, most would not.

Hmmm, let me rephrase that.....most people that use the internet a lot and use these kind of sites would surely know how to do this

Not really arguing - it's so simple and means you dont have to wait this long for stuff like the office to come out here

Original Poster

BTW, season 6 is out on region 1 dvd and bluray 7th of september. I'll start a new thread then!...

officetally.com/the…ide

kelly1987;8843837

I hated the office US for about the first 4 episodes, since then I have … I hated the office US for about the first 4 episodes, since then I have watched seasons 1-5 and absolutely loved it, I prefer it to the british one tbh

Same, although only watches season 123

Original Poster

spikeyjacko;8844028

Same, although only watches season 123

You mean you havent hacked you dvd player to watch seasons 4 and 5?!! just kidding :thumbsup:

Dantooine;8844050

You mean you havent hacked you dvd player to watch seasons 4 and 5?!! … You mean you havent hacked you dvd player to watch seasons 4 and 5?!! just kidding :thumbsup:

Only just had my friends put them on my external hdd
    Got 4/5/6 ready to watch whenever i want

richardcotton;8843965

They have the same name butdiffedrent comedy stylesUK is very good and … They have the same name butdiffedrent comedy stylesUK is very good and more deadpan, clearly much more of a documentary based comedyUS version is not shot in the same style of deadpan comedy, much crazier stuff happening as well so bit more over the top, but equally very goodWould certianly not say they are that comparable - as you can see from when they got the US version to do the 1st episode of the UK version - it just didnt work at all

Im not saying they arent different, but it is still easy to compare. You can compare them in terms of which you find more entertaining, you have also compared them in the first sentence so don't say they can't be compared.

Anything can be compared to anything else, saying they are completely different is just a cop out imo.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721
      5. Best £500 student laptop choice?11

See more discussions