Groups

The Official Fitness Thread!

Anyone who wants to lose weight for a special occassion or just because they were piggies at xmas come and join in the chat!

Anyone else got any ideas on how to lose the weight without being too energetic haha?!?!

Apart from not being able to put my heating on tonight but who needs heating when you have Get Fit with Mel B for the Kinect...... OMG she is one hardcore woman! I feel like my stomach muscles are killing me!!!!!! Has anyone else played it??

Used to be a size 10 when I met saxo_appeal now I'm 14/16

I feel disgusted!

Even after having Katie I was 9st 10pounds now its bogging how much I weigh

Bought salad stuff and having ham salad wraps for lunch this week and bought squash instead of fizzy juice for at work.

1700 Comments

I hate how losing weight requires so much effort. Someone needs to fast track the diet pill research so it actually works.

Edited by: "Shebani" 29th Jan 2012

I joined Slimming World... Lost a stone and a half. No exercise either. x

I read this thread when the title was still 'OMG!'

[img]i0.kym-cdn.com/pho…jpg?1318992465[/img]

Original Poster

shergold

That means 18. If you are having trouble with your heating you know my … That means 18. If you are having trouble with your heating you know my number I can keep you warm

No no no no no need pics to prove? Haha

Original Poster

Ignore my cheesy smile in fatty photo and the silly paper hat! It was Xmas...... lol

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv185/lisanicol88/Target.png

Original Poster

Lol thanks but do enough of that when saxo is at home haha still doesn't make a difference on the scales lol

Here's some simple advice:
    Stop eating so much crap and do more exercise.

Here's some better advice:
    I used to eat 3 packs of crisps and a couple of penguin bars as a snack in between meals. It's not until you research what is in foods and change your mindset will you learn to kick the junk.

Original Poster

Before I met saxo, i was about a size 12 but i went out partying every weekend and only ate super noodles......

Don't think super noodles would be a good diet now lol

Banned

crazyblondechick

Ignore my cheesy smile in fatty photo and the silly paper hat! It was … Ignore my cheesy smile in fatty photo and the silly paper hat! It was Xmas...... lol

You need to get back to the 2008 look, Seriously.

Original Poster

I have the MyFitnessPal app for my iPhone would that be a good enough idea at least to keep track of the calories I am consuming??

I'm going on a years detox and maintaining my healthy diet.

4-5 days with some heavy sessions at the gym should see some vast improvements by this time next year. I want traps like Tom Hardy lulz

Original Poster

DangerGod

You need to get back to the 2008 look, Seriously.

I know, its disgusting how huge I am now

crazyblondechick

I have the MyFitnessPal app for my iPhone would that be a good enough … I have the MyFitnessPal app for my iPhone would that be a good enough idea at least to keep track of the calories I am consuming??

Do it.

Used it for a year now and I live by it. Set a plan for yourself on it.

Hmmmm too many smartie sandwiches?

You are very attractive in both pictures.

Aim for portion control. Any meal should be no bigger than your fist.

You will lose weight if you cut down the amount/quantity. Once you feel confident after losing a few pounds then start swapping fatty foods with more healthier ones.

Don't aim for quick weightloss, its not kind on your skin.

Original Poster

funny.onion

You are very attractive in both pictures.

Pffft now thats funny, funny.onion lol but thanks anyway

Don't eat chocolate.

Don't eat crisps eat rice cakes/cracker bread

Don't eat white bread eat wholemeal/granary/rye bread

Don't eat cakes

Don't eat cheese

Eat vegetables

Eat fruit

Eat nuts

Eat fish

Eat steak and turkey

Drink water

Don't drink coke, etc

Original Poster

The little bitty of cheese in my wrap like a slice of cheese and is squash (no added sugar) ok???

crazyblondechick

Ignore my cheesy smile in fatty photo and the silly paper hat! It was … Ignore my cheesy smile in fatty photo and the silly paper hat! It was Xmas...... lol

looking at your avi and thinking baby weight. My fitness pal is great, I love using the barcode scanner! Once you learn the best foods to eat you can actually eat loads and still loose weight, no exercise required.

Some people are so nasty- i'd love to see them post a pic of themselves for others to judge. I have a stone I want to shift but just can't get motivated. Back to the gym this week :-(

Original Poster

Lisa086

Some people are so nasty- i'd love to see them post a pic of themselves … Some people are so nasty- i'd love to see them post a pic of themselves for others to judge. I have a stone I want to shift but just can't get motivated. Back to the gym this week :-(

I am so uncomfortable to go on my own to these sort of things but no friends want to go, they are all too lazy or go on the days I work

I ideally want to be back in that grey dress for a wedding I have in May.

Realistic???

Original Poster

shergold

oh, I think you got the wrong end of the stick. I was talking about going … oh, I think you got the wrong end of the stick. I was talking about going to the gym oO

Hahahaha gotcha

crazyblondechick

The little bitty of cheese in my wrap like a slice of cheese and is … The little bitty of cheese in my wrap like a slice of cheese and is squash (no added sugar) ok???

Most people would say a little bit won't hurt you which is true, however, having a little bit now will only mean you will start upping your intake of it over time. "A little bit more won't hurt", etc etc

Trust me - I've been there.

For a good six months I cut out all the bad stuff. Now I feel too guilty eating a cheese sandwich so just don't do it to avoid that feeling. It is up to you how you do it but it is a mind game more than anything.

crazyblondechick

I am so uncomfortable to go on my own to these sort of things but no … I am so uncomfortable to go on my own to these sort of things but no friends want to go, they are all too lazy or go on the days I work :(I ideally want to be back in that grey dress for a wedding I have in May.Realistic???

I lost 3 stone in 3 months but I was burning 600 - 1000 calories a time at the gym and cut my calorie intake to 1700 - 2000 a day. You can do it if you set your heart on it.
    Now I'm up to 2500+ as I'm weight training. Still making sure I am eating healthily though.
    Edited by: "dtovey89" 29th Jan 2012

Original Poster

dtovey89

Most people would say a little bit won't hurt you which is true, however, … Most people would say a little bit won't hurt you which is true, however, having a little bit now will only mean you will start upping your intake of it over time. "A little bit more won't hurt", etc etcTrust me - I've been there.For a good six months I cut out all the bad stuff. Now I feel too guilty eating a cheese sandwich so just don't do it to avoid that feeling. It is up to you how you do it but it is a mind game more than anything.

Yeah I mean the cheese I am having in my wrap (mon-wed is days at work) is 71 cals ......... thats quite alot isn't it?

crazyblondechick

Yeah I mean the cheese I am having in my wrap (mon-wed is days at work) … Yeah I mean the cheese I am having in my wrap (mon-wed is days at work) is 71 cals ......... thats quite alot isn't it?

That's the thing with cheese - even a little slice can be near 100 kcal.
    Remember even though it is nice it's all saturated fats.

Original Poster

Might start going once a week but maybe after work to a class or something. Work in a different town to where I stay so no-one apart from customers would know me.

Banned

Lisa086

Some people are so nasty- i'd love to see them post a pic of themselves … Some people are so nasty- i'd love to see them post a pic of themselves for others to judge. I have a stone I want to shift but just can't get motivated. Back to the gym this week :-(

Oh. Sorry,i take it my post come off as offensive? i didn't mean anything by it. I was just saying the 2008 look was very nice, CBC is very pretty now still, just would be good for her to get back to the size she wants to achieve. sorry if it came out a little blunt.

Original Poster

shergold

It's true, although you luck super hot in the first picture.

Thanks, thats when saxo fell for me, now well........ im not as bonny lets put it that way lol

Original Poster

DangerGod

Oh. Sorry,i take it my post come off as offensive? i didn't mean anything … Oh. Sorry,i take it my post come off as offensive? i didn't mean anything by it. I was just saying the 2008 look was very nice, CBC is very pretty now still, just would be good for her to get back to the size she wants to achieve. sorry if it came out a little blunt.

hahaha no offense caused on my behalf haha but I agree the 2008 was a far better look than now by a million miles!

jellybaby22

I know all about the baby weight thing.. Have lost 3 stones in 3 … I know all about the baby weight thing.. Have lost 3 stones in 3 months...another stone to go... It's blooming hard work but no easy weigh round it..stop eating crap and get up off your butt :p( and in my case..stay away from crisps and cakes )

I had a baby gut but no baby.

Actually my baby was Pecan Plaits.

Original Poster

Well even after having the little one I was still skinny, but instead of toning up I filled the space with crap and now suffering the consequences

Anyone tried Dukan? My sister lost 60lb on it.

Lisa086

if this was about me, I do apologise if I caused any offence none was intended cbc.

I think you look way too skinny in pic 1. You dont need to lose a lot cause you look pretty anyway.

crazyblondechick

I have the MyFitnessPal app for my iPhone would that be a good enough … I have the MyFitnessPal app for my iPhone would that be a good enough idea at least to keep track of the calories I am consuming??

YES it is THE best app I have found for tracking food though using it on the PC is far easier:)
    Get Endomondo app for tracking walking/running etc.

I also got THIS BOOK when it was free to download and it is one of the best diet books EVER. It explains why various diets work and why some don't.

you still look fine in 2008 you looked mighty fine!!:)

crazyblondechick

Yeah I mean the cheese I am having in my wrap (mon-wed is days at work) … Yeah I mean the cheese I am having in my wrap (mon-wed is days at work) is 71 cals ......... thats quite alot isn't it?

3500 calories is one pound so EVERYTIME you deficit yourself 3500 calories you will lose a pound, everytime you overeat 3500 calories you will gain a pound.

The clever part comes in ensuring you lose fat and don't lose muscle so starving yourself is self defeating!!

On myfitnesspal I'm user Pontprennau so feel free to add me as a friend!

dga is part terminator. He has a metal leg that helps him work out insanely good.

pontprennau

3500 calories is one pound so EVERYTIME you deficit yourself 3500 … 3500 calories is one pound so EVERYTIME you deficit yourself 3500 calories you will lose a pound, everytime you overeat 3500 calories you will gain a pound.The clever part comes in ensuring you lose fat and don't lose muscle so starving yourself is self defeating!!On myfitnesspal I'm user Pontprennau so feel free to add me as a friend!

There's actually no conclusive evidence to prove what you're proposing, which is whether the body actually goes into starvation mode.

That's because it is a myth.

You may lose a small % muscle mass however the majority of loss comes from ketogenic fat breakdown .

VLCDs are very effective when taken with adequate supps and you can easily lose a stone of fat within 3 weeks with no adverse affects aside from the obvious ketosis.

^^ Of course, I say that, though I don't recommend it. Rather people target the cause of fat gain. Which is excess acidity in diet and carbohydrates which are not being utilitized.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …913
      2. LG Watch Style worth buying for £75?33
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.1828
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction55

See more discussions