Groups

The Official GCSE Revison Thread of 2009

Well the exams seem to be coming closer and closer now so i thought that now is the time to create a revison thread so we can all help each other out. In this thread i hope to collect a good collection of website for different subjects and give people help and advice for revising.

This spring i will be taking my GSCE's in the following subjects:

English Lit
    Maths
    Applied Science
    Geography
    Business Stuides
    ICT
    Citizenship
    Philosophy

I have already done my 1 Science GCSE and English language

Whats everyone else taking and how are you getting on with your revsion?

(This is a family account so no im not preggers)

24 Comments

Original Poster

English

ICT

Maths

Science

History

Geography

Music

Drama

Expressive Arts

RE

Citizenship

Philosphy

Art

Food

Resistant Materials

Original Poster

same thing

i wish my exams were GCSEs
    i can help if you want though :thumbsup:

Banned

WTF i thought you were a mother!

*Official

Bit of English for you! ;-)

imranmaz;4700903

oh dear i feel a whole knew argument coming on lol
    Good luck to you all.

Original Poster

cherishu2;4700952

oh dear i feel a whole knew argument coming on lol

family account

Banned

cherishu2;4700952

oh dear i feel a whole knew argument coming on lolGood luck to you all.

haha! OP says its a family account!

back on topic I did my GCSEs a fair few years ago but i got the highest result for my school ever so i'll be on hand to help!

Original Poster

chris_corbett;4700920

I gotEnglishChemistryBiologyPhysicsBusinessGraphicsHistoryICTREand Maths … I gotEnglishChemistryBiologyPhysicsBusinessGraphicsHistoryICTREand Maths AS LevelRevision going good, just been reading like the text books and everything atm

Kwl, how u getting on with your ICT? I still havent finished my cw for it, there seems to be soo much to do for it!

imranmaz;4700973

haha! OP says its a family account!back on topic I did my GCSEs a fair … haha! OP says its a family account!back on topic I did my GCSEs a fair few years ago but i got the highest result for my school ever so i'll be on hand to help!

Wow, kwl. SO have u got any good revision tips or advice to share your sucess? :thumbsup:

imranmaz;4700903

And a mother can't take GCSE's at night school or something?

GCSEs are easy as long as you read, i have a problem with reading and didnt bother reading till the day before my exams ended up with As and Bs mostly, would have done better if i studied

Original Poster

ilovelilac;4701006

GCSEs are easy as long as you read, i have a problem with reading and … GCSEs are easy as long as you read, i have a problem with reading and didnt bother reading till the day before my exams ended up with As and Bs mostly, would have done better if i studied

wow, i wish i had t ability to get A's and B's by revising the day before the exam! ATM im predicted A's ans A*'s but im really stuggling to get A's at the moment bever mind A*s!

I took my maths GCSE 3 years ago, really struggled with it as I did it as part of a full time access course, ended up just missing out on a B.

imranmaz;4700973

I did my GCSEs a fair few years ago but i got the highest result for my … I did my GCSEs a fair few years ago but i got the highest result for my school ever so i'll be on hand to help!

mum2b;4700995

Wow, kwl. SO have u got any good revision tips or advice to share your … Wow, kwl. SO have u got any good revision tips or advice to share your sucess? :thumbsup:

imranmaz's tip: Go to a school with an extremely high failure rate. Then you can be a big fish in a little pond. :w00t: (tis a joke sir!)

mum2b;4701027

wow, i wish i had t ability to get A's and B's by revising the day before … wow, i wish i had t ability to get A's and B's by revising the day before the exam! ATM im predicted A's ans A*'s but im really stuggling to get A's at the moment bever mind A*s!

lol i took that same last minute attitude to uni and failed miserably for the 1st time in my life, it pays to study at the right time :thumbsup:

i should put a thread up for help with engineering maths, i need it! :giggle:

i did my gcse's and bought lots of books which i ended up not using, you need to find the best way you revise because not everyone's the same. I have the revision books for sale on here if anyones interested, pm me and ill link you.

Banned

mum2b;4700995

Kwl, how u getting on with your ICT? I still havent finished my cw for … Kwl, how u getting on with your ICT? I still havent finished my cw for it, there seems to be soo much to do for it!Wow, kwl. SO have u got any good revision tips or advice to share your sucess? :thumbsup:

I used to use these books for my revision: http://www.swanwickhall.derbyshire.sch.uk/Assets/Images/English/EnglishYr10RevisionGuide.bmp

in all the subjects i could get my hands on!

I would drink a can of redbull a day for like the last few weeks of revision... helped me focus!
    Turned my phone off! txting was such a time killer! but i guess internet would take over now so try to keep it down...even if you tell your parents you are using it for research! :lol:

I would write notes out then write them again but condensed with only the things i didnt know or knew would most likely come up! then finally i would write essential info on que cards (you can get them from rymans i think they are called address cards there)

make sure you write your notes with different colour pens... eg green for title, red for formulas, blue for text ect.. try to avoid black but use it if you need to! and use highlighters too! this really helped me visualise my notes in exams and also made it easier to take in loads of information!

Last an most important thing is to make a time table of what days you are going to spend on what subjects! make sure they are evenly allocated even if you think one exam is harder than another!

GOOD LUCK!

ChipSticks;4701032
    I took my maths GCSE 3 years ago, really struggled with it as I did it as part of a full time access course, ended up just missing out on a B.

i hate maths with a passion, i got a B in my GCSE maths cos i didnt bother doing my coursewk :roll:

did AS maths 3 times before i passed it properly, think i got a B at the end

akamini;4701057

i did my gcse's and bought lots of books which i ended up not using, you … i did my gcse's and bought lots of books which i ended up not using, you need to find the best way you revise because not everyone's the same. I have the revision books for sale on here if anyones interested, pm me and ill link you.

I could be, My 15 year old is doing her GCSE's. Link me, ta x

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4701044

imranmaz's tip: Go to a school with an extremely high failure rate. Then … imranmaz's tip: Go to a school with an extremely high failure rate. Then you can be a big fish in a little pond. :w00t: (tis a joke sir!)

lol I did 13 GCSEs and a PSHE course too... came out with 5a*s, 4As 3Bs and a merit :thumbsup:

****, i need to start

ilovelilac;4701062

i hate maths with a passion, i got a B in my GCSE maths cos i didnt … i hate maths with a passion, i got a B in my GCSE maths cos i didnt bother doing my coursewk :roll:did AS maths 3 times before i passed it properly, think i got a B at the end

Yeah, I hate maths. I went back to school at 33 and found out that it's very true that things are harder when you're older lol. Was a bit of a shock to go from no learning to doing 7 subjects to AS level and a GCSE, amazed I passed actually lol. Wish I'd done it at 15-16.

its been a while since i done my GCSE's but im happy to help anyone who needs it espec with maths based subjects cos thats my strongest area.

I recommend making a 'loose' revision timetable and sticking to it as best you can but dont make it so rigid that u panic if you havent finished revising something by the time u have planned to be done by.

I need help on revising for chem

i cant concentrate LOl
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hard Drive Setup34
      2. ID Mobile - 30 day contract - Ending - Notice needed for PAC request ?11
      3. Foo Fighters O2 live stream?11
      4. Flight delay compensation614

See more discussions