Groups

The official lets all laugh at Arsenal thread

Banned

Arsenal just made history! (Title change by popular demand)

Congratulations to Arsenal football club, who on Tuesday Evening in their embarrassing defeat by Barcelona made Champions League history in the process:

That damning fact has emerged for Arsene Wenger's side following their 3-1 defeat at Barcelona on Tuesday.

Stats gurus Opta have kept detailed records for eight years and the Gunners have recorded a miserable new low.

An Opta spokesman said: "There have been 981 Champions League games since 2003-04 and Arsenal are the first of 1,962 sides not to manage a shot of any form in a match since then."

Link:
    thesun.co.uk/sol…tml

Meanwhile, Spurs, who've already qualified for the quarter finals, also made history as the first side ever to score 4 goals in 5 consecutive Champions League games.

But anyhoo... this thread is not about Spurs... its the official lets all laugh at Arsenal thread.... which lets be fair, after 6 trophyless years and contunual bragging about "we're gonna win lots of cups this year" is long over due.

60 Comments

Original Poster Banned

linky

Inb4 tears, excuses and claims of obsession

Wow, some fact. Embarassing in the extreme.

guv

linkyInb4 tears, excuses and claims of obsession

It was the ref!! Barca didnt let us have any shots!! The crowd was too loud!! Van Persie was going to get us all ours shots!!!

Wow - so informative (!) People will be remembering this piece of trivial sh*t forever. (_;)

I remember when Celtic played Arsenal last season, the fans were calling us a disgrace for our "anti-football"! Oh how the great falls!

greenmachine12

It was the ref!! Barca didnt let us have any shots!! The crowd was too … It was the ref!! Barca didnt let us have any shots!! The crowd was too loud!! Van Persie was going to get us all ours shots!!!

How many shots did he have in the first half??

Toybhoy

I remember when Celtic played Arsenal last season, the fans were calling … I remember when Celtic played Arsenal last season, the fans were calling us a disgrace for our "anti-football"! Oh how the great falls!

Barcelona dominated. Best team to ever grace football. Bit hard for them to attack them with 10 men...

Original Poster Banned

guv

linkyInb4 tears, excuses

LOOOOOL

Banned

I get the feeling Guv is having a good week.

jaybizzle

Barcelona dominated. Best team to ever grace football. Bit hard for them … Barcelona dominated. Best team to ever grace football. Bit hard for them to attack them with 10 men...

Inafter tears, excuses

Beating a team like barcelona 2-1, then loosing 3-1 with ten men is nothing to be ashamed of. Inter Milan parked the bus at the Nou Camp last season and ended up winning the Champions League.

Plus only two other teams have beaten Barcelona this season, Hercules right at the start of the season and Real Betis in a meaningless 2nd leg quater final where Barcelona we're already 5 up from the first leg.

They are a top-notch team and Arsenal can consider theirselves unlucky to have gone out in the fashion they did.

Haters gonna hate.

Even if we had won people would have said didn't deserve it etc we can't win (in b4 yeah we know that :p)

Bring on saturday hopefully we shut some haters up by beating united

Original Poster Banned

numptyj

Haters gonna hate.Even if we had won people would have said didn't … Haters gonna hate.Even if we had won people would have said didn't deserve it etc we can't win (in b4 yeah we know that :p)Bring on saturday hopefully we shut some haters up by beating united

Bookmarked..... X)

See this is where you gooners keep going wrong. Stop giving amunition!

matt.green1

Beating a team like barcelona 2-1, then loosing 3-1 with ten men is … Beating a team like barcelona 2-1, then loosing 3-1 with ten men is nothing to be ashamed of. Inter Milan parked the bus at the Nou Camp last season and ended up winning the Champions League. Plus only two other teams have beaten Barcelona this season, Hercules right at the start of the season and Real Betis in a meaningless 2nd leg quater final where Barcelona we're already 5 up from the first leg.They are a top-notch team and Arsenal can consider theirselves unlucky to have gone out in the fashion they did.

Whatever.

I was merely pointing out a new statistic you've earned. Congratulations. X)

Banned

matt.green1

Beating a team like barcelona 2-1, then loosing 3-1 with ten men is … Beating a team like barcelona 2-1, then loosing 3-1 with ten men is nothing to be ashamed of. Inter Milan parked the bus at the Nou Camp last season and ended up winning the Champions League. Plus only two other teams have beaten Barcelona this season, Hercules right at the start of the season and Real Betis in a meaningless 2nd leg quater final where Barcelona we're already 5 up from the first leg.They are a top-notch team and Arsenal can consider theirselves unlucky to have gone out in the fashion they did.

Arsenal have disgraced English football going out in the fashion they did. They performed worse than any team I've seen visit the Nou Camp in the last two years of watching Spanish football regularly.

master_chief

Arsenal have disgraced English football going out in the fashion they … Arsenal have disgraced English football going out in the fashion they did. They performed worse than any team I've seen visit the Nou Camp in the last two years of watching Spanish football regularly.

Don't be daft, hell Real Madrid lost there 5-0 in November!

My point is... That at 1-1 with 35 mins left and 11vs11 Arsenal stood a great chance of going through, especially considering they seem to have better stamina levels than Barcelona (1st leg late comeback to atest to this). Sometimes you need to grind out a result, and Arsenal we're well on their way to doing just that.

Banned

matt.green1

Don't be daft, hell Real Madrid lost there 5-0 in November!My point is... … Don't be daft, hell Real Madrid lost there 5-0 in November!My point is... That at 1-1 with 35 mins left and 11vs11 Arsenal stood a great chance of going through, especially considering they seem to have better stamina levels than Barcelona (1st leg late comeback to atest to this). Sometimes you need to grind out a result, and Arsenal we're well on their way to doing just that.

Why are you hung up on the actual scoreline. Did you watch the Madrid game? At least they gave them one and played far far far better than Arsenal did.

master_chief

Why are you hung up on the actual scoreline. Did you watch the Madrid … Why are you hung up on the actual scoreline. Did you watch the Madrid game? At least they gave them one and played far far far better than Arsenal did.

Trophies, games, world cups, champions league are all determined by scorelines. Tottenham played worse than Milan last night, but they don't care, why.... Because they won overall. Thats why I'm "Hungup" on scorelines.

Yes I did watch the Barcelona Vs Madrid match, and Barcelona dominated that game as well. So not quite sure what your point is there.

Original Poster Banned

lol to grinding out a result..... 19 shots on goal and numerous incursions into the penalty area resulting in a last ditch tackle or stray pass, is more indicative of a team that just git lucky rather than stopping the opposition. And I certainly didnt see anything "beautiful" about the way Ars*nal played.

I have never in my life seen a more one sided game. Have you? CL stats certainly bare that out.

lol makes walter smiths "anti" football look like a drunk kevin keegan being 1 nil down with 5 mins to go.

If the arsenal fans long for the glory days of free flowing football and shots at goal tune in tonight and watch the free flowing rangers take on psv.

ants97

lol makes walter smiths "anti" football look like a drunk kevin keegan … lol makes walter smiths "anti" football look like a drunk kevin keegan being 1 nil down with 5 mins to go.If the arsenal fans long for the glory days of free flowing football and shots at goal tune in tonight and watch the free flowing rangers take on psv.

no thanks, dont watch scottish ****

guv

lol to grinding out a result..... 19 shots on goal and numerous … lol to grinding out a result..... 19 shots on goal and numerous incursions into the penalty area resulting in a last ditch tackle or stray pass, is more indicative of a team that just git lucky rather than stopping the opposition. And I certainly didnt see anything "beautiful" about the way Ars*nal played.I have never in my life seen a more one sided game. Have you? CL stats certainly bare that out.

Yes. Barcelona Vs Inter Milan 2009/2010 or Arsenal Vs West Ham 2007 (ps we had nearly 30 shots on target that day, and still lost!)

Original Poster Banned

matt.green1

[Yes. Barcelona Vs Inter Milan 2009/2010 or Arsenal Vs West Ham 2007 (ps … [Yes. Barcelona Vs Inter Milan 2009/2010 or Arsenal Vs West Ham 2007 (ps we had nearly 30 shots on target that day, and still lost!)

Did West Ham or Inter have a shot on goal?

guv

Did Barcelona have 30 shots on goal?

guv

And for the record, inter had zero shots on target and one off target.
    Edited by: "matt.green1" 10th Mar 2011

Original Poster Banned

matt.green1

Did Barcelona have 30 shots on goal?

I think it probably best you look at the stats for those two games and see how they really went.

I can give you a link that shows how many shots they had, passes made, possession details etc..... I'd be interested to see this 30 shot game.

Link please.

Original Poster Banned

matt.green1

And for the record, inter had zero shots on target and one off target.

Thats one more shot than you did then and why you are the only one with this new record and not sharing it! X)

guv

I think it probably best you look at the stats for those two games and … I think it probably best you look at the stats for those two games and see how they really went.I can give you a link that shows how many shots they had, passes made, possession details etc..... I'd be interested to see this 30 shot game.Link please.

whufc.com/art…004

Out by one, 29 attempts in total. So yes I have seen a game which is just as one sided.

Original Poster Banned

matt.green1

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20070407/arsenal-0-west-ham-1_2234233_34004Out by one, 29 attempts in total. So yes I have seen a game which is just as one sided.

Doesn't come close.

West Ham had 6 shots.

I'll bookmark this thread, and all of guv's gloating so we can all have a good laugh come the end of the season.

Original Poster Banned

Arsenal Fan

I'll bookmark this thread, and all of guv's gloating so we can all have a … I'll bookmark this thread, and all of guv's gloating so we can all have a good laugh come the end of the season.

BRB bookmarking all the "pub side", "still in 4 competitions" and other bitter bitter comments from a deluded "Arsenal fan"

Typical Spurs fan, celebrating their own good achievement by trying to mock their rivals.

Should celebrate whilst you have the chance. It's not like Arsenal have reached a Champions league Final ... oh wait

Original Poster Banned

mr.potato_head

Typical Spurs fan, celebrating their own good achievement by trying to … Typical Spurs fan, celebrating their own good achievement by trying to mock their rivals.Should celebrate whilst you have the chance. It's not like Arsenal have reached a Champions league Final ... oh wait

BRB counting how many European trophies Spurs have won and comparing that to Ars*nal....... Oh wait, celebrating again! X)

Banned

as I posted it elsewhere and its seems there are lots of tears around today

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CVO8mBWRRPk/TJ9TBCCEzjI/AAAAAAAAAHY/TM43Syv0UZM/s1600/arsenal+fans+crying.JPG

Original Poster Banned

LOOOOOOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i think they've all caught the deluded and bitter bug!

I'll sure the CL thread has another spot reserved too!

Banned

guv

LOOOOOOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^i think they've all caught the deluded and bitter … LOOOOOOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^i think they've all caught the deluded and bitter bug!I'll sure the CL thread has another spot reserved too!

funny as I thought we were called the The Bitters .. or so the rags seem to think

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop

funny as I thought we were called the The Bitters .. or so the rags seem … funny as I thought we were called the The Bitters .. or so the rags seem to think

I thought that was Everton! X)

Should change the title to lets all laugh at Arsenal Thread X)

Original Poster Banned

bob100

Should change the title to lets all laugh at Arsenal Thread X)

Done by popular request..... X)

Lol is that all dog_cop does? Post the same image over and over again to hide the fact his pathetic team have been spending big for 3 seasons now and can still barely qualify for the Champions League, whereas Chelsea won the league the season after Abramovich took over. I think he's even more desperate than that insomaniac lol. We'll let guv have his laughs now because the poor guy's going to depressed at the end of the season.

guv

Done by popular request..... X)

Great now all we need are some pics in the thread laughing at arsenal, ill start

Henry and Etoo Salute Arsenal Record X)

http://images.teamtalk.com/09/03/800x600/Thierry-Henry-Samuel-Eto-o-Barcelona-Lyon-Cha_1989912.jpg

Edited by: "bob100" 10th Mar 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions