** The Official New iPad & Apple TV Owners Thread **

Discuss all things relating to the newly announced iPad and Apple TV.

(Will update soon, I think).

602 Comments

Original Poster

apple.com/uk/…ad/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/03/apple-ipad-3-ipad-hd-liveblog-2926.jpg

iPad 3;

engadget.com/201…al/

- Retina display; 2048 x 1536 arrangement - 264ppi. improved color saturation.
- A5X processor and quad-core graphics chip. Apple even claims its newest sliver of silicon can deliver four-times the performance of a Tegra 3
- New iSight camera on board. It's a five-megapixel, backside illuminated sensor with and a five element lens. It's also capable of capturing 1080p video
- Keyboard sporting a brand new dictation key that lets you speak instead of type.
- The new software inside will also let you use the slate as a portable WiFi hotspot.
- 10 hours of battery life. Weight of 1.4lbs, 9.4mm thickness.

- iPad is sporting 21Mbps HSPA+, but it's also rocking an LTE radio capable of pulling down 73Mbps on both Verizon and AT&T in the US.

iPad 2 price drop to £329.
Edited by: "Shadow-360" 7th Mar 2012

Original Poster

New Apple TV announced.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/03/appletvuiscreenmd.jpg

engadget.com/201…eo/

1080p, Hallelujah.

Original Poster

New A5X Chip with Quad Core, Nice.

The new model has an A5X processor and quad-core graphics chip. Apple … The new model has an A5X processor and quad-core graphics chip. Apple even claims its newest sliver of silicon can deliver four-times the performance of a Tegra 3 .

So far so good!

Original Poster

Atleast they've upgraded the Camera, suppose they had to given the increased screen resolution.

I hope there's more than that....was gonna get one...looks like I may just get ipad2

4G LTE

Original Poster

skellysgirl

I hope there's more than that....was gonna get one...looks like I may … I hope there's more than that....was gonna get one...looks like I may just get ipad2

Retina Display, Quad Core CPU, 5MPX backside illuminated camera so far.

What's there not to like?

Tactile screen & Siri? ... im waiting
Edited by: "Gooner_Getcha" 7th Mar 2012

when's it due to be released?

Shadow-360

Retina Display, Quad Core CPU, 5MPX backside illuminated camera so … Retina Display, Quad Core CPU, 5MPX backside illuminated camera so far.What's there not to like?

I'm just looking for more than that! I would like Siri , rather than an enhanced 2

Edited by: "skellysgirl" 7th Mar 2012

Original Poster

Gooner_Getcha

Tactile screen & Siri? ... im waiting

I'm sure Siri is there. Keyboard has been revamped with the ability to dictate text instead of typing.

shosie

when's it due to be released?

March 16th
Edited by: "VISHY" 7th Mar 2012

it just keeps getting better

Original Poster

VISHY

April?

I'd say within the next 2 weeks given the Apple Store is down and retailers have started lowering prices.

499, 599, and 699 for 16, 32, and 64GB. 629, 729, and 829 with 4G ( in $)

Shadow-360

I'd say within the next 2 weeks given the Apple Store is down and … I'd say within the next 2 weeks given the Apple Store is down and retailers have started lowering prices.

I might get an ipad 2 in that case

Original Poster

Same prices which is good. March 16th release.

Shadow-360

I'd say within the next 2 weeks given the Apple Store is down and … I'd say within the next 2 weeks given the Apple Store is down and retailers have started lowering prices.

Next friday!

Banned

But does it blend?

Gooner_Getcha

499, 599, and 699 for 16, 32, and 64GB. 629, 729, and 829 with 4G ( in $)

All about $300 too much.

Already bagsied a new Apple TV and iPad 3 at my local Apple store

So which models you all going to purchase?

LOL bit of a let down so far

hav they named it yet??? IPad 3 or IPad HD

no name as of yet...

Gooner_Getcha

LOL bit of a let down so far

I agree, an I'm an apple fan, always have been.
Edited by: "skellysgirl" 7th Mar 2012

exStudent

So which models you all going to purchase?

Wi-fi 32gb - My 16gb iPad 2 is now full so need the extra space!

Love how the classifieds are full of iPads.

Mikey91

Already bagsied a new Apple TV and iPad 3 at my local Apple store

Here comes the trolls.....

skellysgirl

I agree, I'm an apple fan, always have been.

Retina Display is the biggest seller here I think. I'm hoping for a 'one more thing....' announcement

calum c

Here comes the trolls.....

Eh? I'm being serious - I'll be down the queue for them. Do you think everyone is trolling?

skellysgirl

I agree, an I'm an apple fan, always have been.

Same here but i dont knw what i was expecting ...

Expecting the smart case announcement...

Mikey91

Retina Display is the biggest seller here I think. I'm hoping for a 'one … Retina Display is the biggest seller here I think. I'm hoping for a 'one more thing....' announcement

It's not really that much of a pull tbh, not enough to upgrade for really. I have ipad1 still happy with it, only want to upgrade for FaceTime, was wanting siri really.

skellysgirl

It's not really that much of a pull tbh, not enough to upgrade for … It's not really that much of a pull tbh, not enough to upgrade for really. I have ipad1 still happy with it, only want to upgrade for FaceTime, was wanting siri really.

Better battery life would have been a winner here, unfortunately no such luck this year!

Original Poster

skellysgirl

It's not really that much of a pull tbh, not enough to upgrade for … It's not really that much of a pull tbh, not enough to upgrade for really. I have ipad1 still happy with it, only want to upgrade for FaceTime, was wanting siri really.

I suppose it's personal preference.

Once you go Retina it's painful looking at a standard res screen. You clearly notice the difference switching between the iPhone 4 and iPad.

i think it has siri....“This new device has more memory and higher screen resolution than an Xbox 360 or PS3.” LOL Apple trying to take over the WORLD!!
Edited by: "Gooner_Getcha" 7th Mar 2012

I can't even get 3g nevermind 4g
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047112
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767266
    3. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32452
    4. love affairs1445

See more discussions