Groups

The olympic '2012' 50 pence pieces

Hello all.

Has anyone come across one of these yet?

They are the 2011 new 50p's that are promoting the olympics.

I thought I'd be really sad and try to collect them (pokemon never took off in my household)

So I have 3 so far. Do you have any and what have you got?

I am notlooking to swap on this thread or anything, it would just interest me to see what other designs there are out there.

17 Comments

Original Poster

Wow, thank you.

I have the rowing, table tennis, and the pentaltlon one.

I am not paying £2.99 for it to arrive in fancy case though!!
    Edited by: "firth_face" 10th Jan 2011

firth_face

Wow, thank you.I have the rowing, table tennis, and the pentaltlon one.I … Wow, thank you.I have the rowing, table tennis, and the pentaltlon one.I am not paying £2.99 for it to arrive in fancy case though!!

or 85 quid for the set! lol-I will just go to post office/bank and ask if they have any

Original Poster

Will they just hand them over if they actually have any?

My step-dad is a pub landlord so I suppose I could ask him to keep his eyes peeled?!

There was loads of the rowing ones in my till on Sat. Haven't seen any other designs yet though x

Original Poster

beth3735

There was loads of the rowing ones in my till on Sat. Haven't seen any … There was loads of the rowing ones in my till on Sat. Haven't seen any other designs yet though x

If you see any other designs at your till, pocket them....and replace with an ordinary 50pence of course

Got a boxing one

Original Poster

Grimer

Got a boxing one

Are you willing to do a sneaky swap for a standard 50 pence??

i got a fencing one the other day looks smart

Original Poster

pinky89

i got a fencing one the other day looks smart

Again, would you be willing to trade if I set up an official thread?

firth_face

Again, would you be willing to trade if I set up an official thread?

will do if i get another one gonna start collecting them too

My sons is trying to collect these coins and so far has 15/29.

He has a couple of spares, so if anybody wishes to swap please leave a comment below.

Have you tried at your local bank? Ask one of the cashiers nicely if they can keep any that they find to one side & you'll come in each afternoon to collect.

As a coin collector (sad i know! lol) Ive got every one of the sets released from the royal mint since the year of my birth. I brought the complete set!

Lrperky

My sons is trying to collect these coins and so far has 15/29.He has a … My sons is trying to collect these coins and so far has 15/29.He has a couple of spares, so if anybody wishes to swap please leave a comment below.

Hi I am collecting them and wonderd what the spair ones are?

I've got 19/29 Olympic disciplines 50p's and the £2 handover coin and I'm quite impressed by the designs, done by members of the public. I've got loads of swapsies too but hope to exchange in Eastbourne. I'm asking a local 'Happy Shopper' to keep an eye out for them with a promise of a bottle of wine for them all (7 staff) when I get the lot. Ouch!
    One thing does puzzle me is that they are dated 2011. I wonder if the royal mint are producing a second set dated 2012, which would make more sense.

do you have boxing ,fencing ,football ,handball ,sailing ,wheelchair rugby or wrestling
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …71123
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846274
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30385
      4. Fraudulent site2445

See more discussions