The only ever fully video-recorded "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue" will be broadcast on TV at 10.30pm tonight (13th Septmenber)

5 replies
Found 13th Sep 2008
BBC 4 (Digital TV): 10.30pm.

This is one of the last recordings of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue that they did before the death of chairman Humphrey Lyttelton, and is the only one that has been filmed in it's entirety.

"One of the many great things about this venerable Radio 4 panel game is the chance to hear Barry Cryer's fruity chortle. If it were possible for a sound to qualify for "national treasure" status, his contagious, wheezy wonder of the comedy world definitely would. It makes frequent outings in this marvellously nutty half-hour of fun. Part of BBC4's tribute to Humphrey Lyttelton, it gives us highlights from the ISIHAC stage show, filmed just a few weeks before his death in April. Tim Brooke-Taylor sings Girlfriend in a Coma to the tune of Tiptoe through the Tulips; a totally crackers "Quiz among Quizzes" puts Anne Robinson firmly in her place; and the late, great Lyttelton dispenses a barrage of beautifully weighted put-downs. It's a fitting send-off for the affable gent who's left a Humph-shaped hole in comedy."

At 11pm, "Legends: Humphrey Lyttelton" will follow.

5 Comments

Thanks Duck - I'll try and catch it.....

lol gari your username reminded me an only fools and horses episode. When the middle east prince was in it and dell boy name him gary, all he used to say was Gary ... gary

Same time as MOTD, only one winner :thumbsup:

Original Poster

This is just about to start.

Original Poster

Now available on iPlayer for those who missed it: bbc.co.uk/ipl…b1/
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions