Groups

The open 2014 'golf' thread

Possibly my favourite sporting event to watch on the tv.Starts thursday and finishes sunday.

Nowhere in the world would you get uninterrupted live golf from 9 in the morning till 8 at night over 4 days in beautiful HD.Try watching the uspga on sky and its adverts every 10 mins.

The favourite is about 12/1 and this year it is wide open and you cant even write off someone who is 200/1.

Adam scott (14/1)t he current world number 1 has a great chance after coming close in the past,whilst i like the look of danny willett (125/1).

Have a look at the list of players in the link below and if you put a couple of quid on a name that sticks out you will get a good run for your money.

What are your thoughts ,Who do you fancy and maybe you have a bit of inside knowledge.

50 Comments

Golf....

Boring

My husband put a bet on Tiger Woods yesterday,I don't know why but he knows more than me.
    He has actually just went out to play golf,4th game in 4 days l
    Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 15th Jul 2014

Hope the weather plays nice, Saturday's weather looks wet!

At the moment Betfred are paying out each way on the top 8. So if your intending to have bet now might be a good time.

Original Poster

takethatfan1978

My husband put a bet on Tiger Woods yesterday,I don't know why but he … My husband put a bet on Tiger Woods yesterday,I don't know why but he knows more than me.He has actually just went out to play golf,4 the game in 4 days l

Thank you for your comment but not the childish one above you.

thebaron69

There's always one

takethatfan1978

There's always one

more than that...

golf is hella boring to watch! as bad as cricket even

brilly

more than that...golf is hella boring to watch! as bad as cricket even

That's why they brought out 'crazy golf', to keep people like you entertained, all those wee windmills and tunnels!

brilly

more than that...golf is hella boring to watch! as bad as cricket even

You not the sporty type brilly?

deeky

He likes knitting.

airfix

That's why they brought out 'crazy golf', to keep people like you … That's why they brought out 'crazy golf', to keep people like you entertained, all those wee windmills and tunnels!

erm i dont watch crazy golf either.

i did say 'to watch'

deeky

i am not a 'watch boring sports' type

brilly

i am not a 'watch boring sports' type

What about playing? I always had you down as an athletic, sporty type.

airfix

He likes knitting.

going there again? didn't your mother spank your bottom last time you showed her up in public?

brilly

going there again? didn't your mother spank your bottom last time you … going there again? didn't your mother spank your bottom last time you showed her up in public?

You were there watching, remember?

deeky

sure, most sports are worth a go even if not worth a watch.

airfix

You were there watching, remember?

sure, i handed you a tissue to dry your eyes.
    Edited by: "brilly" 15th Jul 2014

brilly

sure, most sports are worth a go even if not worth a watch.sure, i handed … sure, most sports are worth a go even if not worth a watch.sure, i handed you a tissue to dry your eyes.

Yes, a wet one.

airfix

Yes, a wet one.

yeah, you still had ice-cream up to your ears from earlier but it wiped those tears away too!

brilly

yeah, you still had ice-cream up to your ears from earlier but it wiped … yeah, you still had ice-cream up to your ears from earlier but it wiped those tears away too!

I meant a wet one, not a Wet One.

airfix

I meant a wet one, not a Wet One.

a wet 'Wet One', but lets not shame you further in this thread.
    sure you'll do that later at home.

brilly

a wet 'Wet One', but lets not shame you further in this thread.sure … a wet 'Wet One', but lets not shame you further in this thread.sure you'll do that later at home.

I give in brilly, you've made me look shameful on a shopping forum.

takethatfan1978

There's always one

I know, they should be banned from this site

thebaron69

Thebaron, It seems to me you have no humor. You always seem really serious...

TheBoss96

I know, they should be banned from this site

I absolutely agree,in fact they should be banned from using any online sites at all if they continue to use inappropriate comments like that!

deeky

Too many show offs...

http://i.imgur.com/Exkikpf.gif

X)

TheBoss96

Thebaron, It seems to me you have no humor. You always seem really … Thebaron, It seems to me you have no humor. You always seem really serious...

He's got a fantastic sense of humour. He must have, I get plenty of likes from him

Original Poster

TheBoss96

Thebaron, It seems to me you have no humor. You always seem really … Thebaron, It seems to me you have no humor. You always seem really serious...

Yes i am really serious as you can see here hotukdeals.com/mis…064

deeky

He's got a fantastic sense of humour. He must have, I get plenty of likes … He's got a fantastic sense of humour. He must have, I get plenty of likes from him

probably sympathy... well at least my ones are!

brilly

probably sympathy... well at least my ones are!

I'm not saying... here have a like X)

maccy1

I'm not saying... here have a like X)

oO

brilly

oO

X)

25/1 is just too tempting
    http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/Golf/Phil%20Mickelson/phil-mickelson-1a.jpg
    you watch him miss the cut now i've put my giro on him (_;)

On which channel can you get the Open Championship uninterupted?

DarkEnergy2012

25/1 is just too temptingyou watch him miss the cut now i've put my giro … 25/1 is just too temptingyou watch him miss the cut now i've put my giro on him (_;)

He's got beady eyes. Good bet.

Banned

Is this thread 'Open' to anyone?

seanbwfc

Is this thread 'Open' to anyone?

after that attempt at humour, probably all except you....

Original Poster

10 places each way and free matched bet up to £25 for new customers at tote

totesport.com/tot…php?
    Edited by moderator: "Link trim" 16th Jul 2014

Evening all,

I have a free £10 bet @ Paddy Power, any suggestions. I see Phil Mickelson is proving popular.

Original Poster

Chanchi32

Evening all,I have a free £10 bet @ Paddy Power, any suggestions. I see … Evening all,I have a free £10 bet @ Paddy Power, any suggestions. I see Phil Mickelson is proving popular.

Cant see him winning it again this year to tell you the truth? ive also had jason day and rickie fowler.

if you can use it for an each way i'd probably go for Martin Kaymer at around 25/1.
    if it's only for the win then Adam Scott because his middle name is Derek X) ...& he's ranked the No.1 player in the world at the mo

Good Luck to everyone having a punt I'm on Big Phil, Henrik Stenson & Scotty

Game On !!
    http://putterfingers.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Crazy-World-of-Minigolf-Tour-Skegness-Arnold-Palmer-Windmill.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      3. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324

See more discussions