Groups

The Order 1886

Who's looking forward to it? I Am! where is cheapest place to purchase also?

thanks.

20 Comments

Should be a really great game, not sure where the best place to get it from will be though.

I'm really looking forward to it! Ever since the first time they showed it at E3, it drew me in! I love the cinematic feel to it, it's something new, and I hope it's a good game! That and Uncharted are going to be brilliant this year!

I wouldn't preorder it. I'd say that of most games these days, though.

Looked fantastic when it was revealed (at E3 2013?), but recent reports are it's QTE-heavy - and the E3 trailer in 2014 just looked boring. It's like they'd picked the dullest part of the game to demo. And nobody in their right mind would do that.

Fingers crossed it'll be as great as we'd all hoped, but I'd definitely wait until we know more.

Current prices:
    find-game.co.uk/395…htm
    (I'm sure there'll be better prices, soon, than the current best £48.95)

I have preorder the steelbook edition but recent talks on ign & gamespot about the minimum improvement been made since the delay, I've my doubts about this game and yet i'll keep on believing the order 1886 will be especial game in early 2015

I'll order this when it's £18.86 or lower.

Games are a bit more expensive these days, granddad. We haven't seen those prices for console games since about 129 years ago.

Was looking forward to it, but not so sure now. Looks like it is mostly cut scenes with the typical shooting mechanics.

Late

I wouldn't preorder it. I'd say that of most games these days, … I wouldn't preorder it. I'd say that of most games these days, though.Looked fantastic when it was revealed (at E3 2013?), but recent reports are it's QTE-heavy - and the E3 trailer in 2014 just looked boring. It's like they'd picked the dullest part of the game to demo. And nobody in their right mind would do that.Fingers crossed it'll be as great as we'd all hoped, but I'd definitely wait until we know more.Current prices:http://www.find-game.co.uk/39505-The-Order-1886.htm(I'm sure there'll be better prices, soon, than the current best £48.95)

Yeah totally agree that it's not worth getting many if any games on pre-order.

Also the current cheapest for The-Order-1886 is £39.99 from Game Seek I think.

Preview on Metro by David Jenkins who according to some is a well know and respected games journalist and has been around for a long time

metro.co.uk/201…50/

shasnir

Preview on Metro by David Jenkins who according to some is a well know … Preview on Metro by David Jenkins who according to some is a well know and respected games journalist and has been around for a long timehttp://metro.co.uk/2014/12/09/the-order-1886-hands-on-preview-old-fashioned-gameplay-4980650/

Maybe the full game is better. When is it out BTW.

Banned

dontasciime

I'm sure it will, much like Quantum Break, which gets very similar criticisms metro.co.uk/201…18/
    At least it's only a preview, it's better than the other way around, the preview being good and the game a mess like Halo MCC, I'm hearing similar things for Halo 5.

The Metro article actually says the Order gameplay is very similar to Gears of War and from the videos it looks a very similar style.
    So, it might not do anything new, but it will hopefully be fun.

It's out sometime in Feb.
    Edited by: "sennasnit" 10th Jan 2015

dontasciime

Yes it could be, I actually used Metro and David Jenkins as he was recommended by sennasnit on an Xbox One deal a month or Two ago on which he posted the same Quantum break preview he has posted here on this topic.

Here is Eurogamers 5 pre order reasons preview (they give the Master chief collection a mention to).

youtube.com/wat…4wE

As others have said I wouldn't buy any game on release from now on, let someone else do the beta testing, though as I game share I don't have to pay for most of mine so if they have bugs I can live with it.

Edited by: "shasnir" 10th Jan 2015

Day 1.
    Just need to find a good pre-order deal on it.

Banned

It's the most pre-ordered game in the US.
    If I wasn't so overwhelmed with Far Cry 4 and Driveclub as well as my backlog of PS Plus games, I'd probably pre-order it myself.

Original Poster

sennasnit

It's the most pre-ordered game in the US. If I wasn't so overwhelmed with … It's the most pre-ordered game in the US. If I wasn't so overwhelmed with Far Cry 4 and Driveclub as well as my backlog of PS Plus games, I'd probably pre-order it myself.

i'm sort of in the same boat!

Looks impressive however going to wait for the reviews. Don't see the point in pre-ordering unless i have nothing to play.

Still only 30% in Far Cry 4 + still to play LOTR game

kidchop

Looks impressive however going to wait for the reviews. Don't see the … Looks impressive however going to wait for the reviews. Don't see the point in pre-ordering unless i have nothing to play.Still only 30% in Far Cry 4 + still to play LOTR game

Yeah a better choice, especially so if then finding out it's a stinker once delivered &.

subway

Day 1.Just need to find a good pre-order deal on it.

Day 2.
    Just need to find a good trade in deal for it.
    Edited by: "dontasciime" 12th Jan 2015

Only lasted for 6 hours. Shocking waste of money imo.

What difficulty did you play on?

Smash41

What difficulty did you play on?

Medium
    Edited by: "Angel_Of_The_North" 27th Feb 2015
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553817
      2. Feels weird!915
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7321390
      4. What a bunch of brassed necked barstewards22

See more discussions