Part 3 horror: youtube.com/wat…xpQ

Part 4: youtube.com/wat…sy0

Part 5 puzzle games: youtube.com/wat…NvI

Part 6: youtube.com/wat…HUI

Part 7: youtube.com/wat…u_Q
Community Updates
Top comments
Also..... I don't want glasses.

http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/mom-dont-sit-too-close-to-the-tv-its-bad-for-your-eyes-20-years-later-oculus-rift.jpg
1907 Comments
No.
MysticalUndies

No.

Yeah, but you have mystical undies. I imagine your life is pretty sorted.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Thought I'd chuck some semi useful stuff in here.

List of confirmed games: en.wikipedia.org/wik…_VR 139 of the at time of writing!
Edited by: "MSK." 4th Jul 2016
nope, its an expensive fad, yeah it is probably fun for an hour but so not worth the price
StevenBrown

nope, its an expensive fad, yeah it is probably fun for an hour but so … nope, its an expensive fad, yeah it is probably fun for an hour but so not worth the price

I guess I have 45 minutes left then
If you're excited then I'm excited. But..... I'll wait for your approval before considering getting one.
add-ons for consoles so far haven't been great, Kinect, PlayStation move thingy. The Wii was abit gimmicky for me, but trying to be optimistic for this :-) unfortunately I'll need to wait a lot longer till the Xbox head gear comes out. looking forward to seeing/hearing what players and friends think of it.

http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/mom-dont-sit-too-close-to-the-tv-its-bad-for-your-eyes-20-years-later-oculus-rift.jpg
Aiden1512

If you're excited then I'm excited. But..... I'll wait for your … If you're excited then I'm excited. But..... I'll wait for your approval before considering getting one.

It already has my approval, from my 15 minutes trail There should be demos out and about this summer, though nothing has been announced yet
STRICKIBHOY

add-ons for consoles so far haven't been great, Kinect, PlayStation move … add-ons for consoles so far haven't been great, Kinect, PlayStation move thingy. The Wii was abit gimmicky for me, but trying to be optimistic for this :-) unfortunately I'll need to wait a lot longer till the Xbox head gear comes out. looking forward to seeing/hearing what players and friends think of it.

I don't think it's perfect, but I do think it's on another level to something like PlayStation move or Kinect. I'm wondering if you will be able to use Oculus with Xbox Scorpio? It seems like that might be the point.
Aiden1512

Don't worry Aiden, it has lenses inside which give the impression of distance. You should be fine

Though Nintendo still don't seem 100% convinced.
I went on Galactica (Air 2.0) at Alton Towers the other week.. that was about 45 seconds of boredom.. hope the PSVR ain't like that
http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/59/590x/secondary/Alton-Towers-Galactica-Review-UK-Alton-Towers-Release-Date-Alton-Towers-Galactica-UK-Virtual-Reality-Headset-Samsung-VR-Headset-489567.jpg

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Virtual-Reality-Galactica-Space-Simulation-Ride.jpg

pile of hyped up tosh .. was better just being Air
arcangel111

I went on Galactica (Air 2.0) at Alton Towers the other week.. that was … I went on Galactica (Air 2.0) at Alton Towers the other week.. that was about 45 seconds of boredom.. hope the PSVR ain't like that

Haven't heard of that before. What is it? Pure VR or something else? The website isn't very explanatory.

The experience thing you can try with your phone on the front page is a bit underwhelming too:

galacticatours.com/
HTC Vive is a lot of fun, so PSVR has a lot to live up to. Plus like all things PlayStation, greatness waits. Resident Evil ain't here till next year so... I would wait.
deleted265520
No I think it will flop.
I guess there will be more relationship splits when this comes out.
I'm getting one... if GAME are still in business by that point (they have my deposit and the majority of the cost on a gift card).
I'm still wary of it, I remember VR the first time around... and the vomiting... We'll see.
I don't think it's a fad, I've been using the Oculus DK2 since Sept 2014 and it continues to delight.
The screen resolution is holding it back though and might disappoint some users.
I hope it's a success and drives the price of the HTC VIVE down, that's where my money is going.
deleted57959

The kids have asked for it for christmas this year, so im looking forward … The kids have asked for it for christmas this year, so im looking forward to having to wait 2-3 bloody months before I can actually have a go.... not.

You mad? You've got to test it to make sure it works. How awful if it didn;t work properly, or they didn't know how to use it on Christmas morning X)

Why my son got his brand new Megadrive for Christmas, it looked like I had bought it from Cash Converters X)

I know, I'm a crap Father
deeky

You mad? You've got to test it to make sure it works. How awful if it … You mad? You've got to test it to make sure it works. How awful if it didn;t work properly, or they didn't know how to use it on Christmas morning X)Why my son got his brand new Megadrive for Christmas, it looked like I had bought it from Cash Converters X)I know, I'm a crap Father

Can't just turn these things on and off, Deek. They need to be thoroughly tested. That makes you a super dad. X)

Not interested in this VR stuff yet. Not until there are "proper" games made for it really. These "experiences" make it all sound like another Playstation Move/Kinect situation. Sony/Microsoft have shown they struggle to support their add ons so will wait quite a while before investing to make sure I don't end up with another paperweight. Should be cheaper then too.
deleted57959

If any will be successful or make it mainstream it has to be the PSVR, … If any will be successful or make it mainstream it has to be the PSVR, the install base of the PS4 alone must be massive in comparison to the install base of PC's capable of running OR or VIVE.

I really hope the PSVR succeeds as it will really help move things along.
If it fails miserably or delivers a poor VR experience it could cause more harm than good
deleted57959

If any will be successful or make it mainstream it has to be the PSVR, … If any will be successful or make it mainstream it has to be the PSVR, the install base of the PS4 alone must be massive in comparison to the install base of PC's capable of running OR or VIVE.

I'm a console gamer since conception I only started PC last year but am eyeing up the PS VR, which I think will succeed on the strength of the price alone, compared to other platforms.
Gaming used to have a reputation for loners sat on their own in dark bedrooms, over the years they managed to develop a social element that at its peak led to huge gaming nights playing Pro Evo or Rock Band etc.

Can't help but think VR and the rise of online multiplayer makes it feel like we are going back the other way.

That said I think it's a great technology and used correctly will lead to some incredible gaming moments given how good our visuals are nowadays. Imagine Uncharted standing on top of a mountain or Alien Isolation hidden in a cupboard oO

I would love to get involved, the price point is a bit rich for me at this stage but I hope it gets backed and succeeds just to give another option for folk out there to enjoy a much derided medium.
deleted57959

Your right, console gaming has become massively social now, and this is a … Your right, console gaming has become massively social now, and this is a strength of the PSVR, most of the reviews or previews i have read, seem to indicate PSVR is best when played with friends, and PSVR allows the TV screen to be in use the same time as the Headset.

It's it socially interactive though or is it just a case of "hey come look at this plonker waving around!"
g8spur

It's it socially interactive though or is it just a case of "hey come … It's it socially interactive though or is it just a case of "hey come look at this plonker waving around!"

Here's the trailer. The people looking at the TV see different things to the person using the headset and they have to guide the person with the headset around:

youtube.com/wat…fn8
I think there will also be a social aspect of it through 'playing' with other people in multiverses. You might count that as not social at all if you're that was inclined, but it will likely be like being in party chat on steroids.

Atom Universe it confirmed, which is made by the same people as PlayStation home, so you can probably imagine what to expect from that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn5F1gg_m1I

There was also this first party environment, I think it was shown at GDC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK8tMwlZLEM

The graphics are pretty scabby, but the ways of interaction are more interesting and it uses move controllers for the hand movement.

I'm unsure if I will like either of these, because I've got quite mixed feelings about the social aspects of PS4 anyway.
Edited by: "MSK." 4th Jul 2016
Steve Mac

I'm a console gamer since conception I only started PC last year but … I'm a console gamer since conception I only started PC last year but am eyeing up the PS VR, which I think will succeed on the strength of the price alone, compared to other platforms.

It will get even more interesting it it does work on PC too. Sony have said on record they haven't ruled that out in the future, though I am not banking on it.
biddilybah

Can't just turn these things on and off, Deek. They need to be thoroughly … Can't just turn these things on and off, Deek. They need to be thoroughly tested. That makes you a super dad. X)Not interested in this VR stuff yet. Not until there are "proper" games made for it really. These "experiences" make it all sound like another Playstation Move/Kinect situation. Sony/Microsoft have shown they struggle to support their add ons so will wait quite a while before investing to make sure I don't end up with another paperweight. Should be cheaper then too.

I can understand what you mean, but I can see Radial-G happily filling my time if other games do turn out to be short experiences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Vk25D5NHQ

Batllezone looks like quite a complete and re-playable game: youtube.com/wat…Q7w
deeky

You mad? You've got to test it to make sure it works. How awful if it … You mad? You've got to test it to make sure it works. How awful if it didn;t work properly, or they didn't know how to use it on Christmas morning X)Why my son got his brand new Megadrive for Christmas, it looked like I had bought it from Cash Converters X)I know, I'm a crap Father

It would just be rude not to! How you would find a discrete time to do that could be interesting though
Decoded

I'm a bit worried about how my cat is going to react. He hates hats with a passion oO
Decoded

You could be right there...

[img]d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/…png?w=311[/img]

X)
moneysavingkitten

I can understand what you mean, but I can see Radial-G happily filling my … I can understand what you mean, but I can see Radial-G happily filling my time if other games do turn out to be short experiences :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Vk25D5NHQBatllezone looks like quite a complete and re-playable game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_AqqlqnQ7w

See, I look at those and they don't really appeal to me. Maybe I'm just becoming a miserable sod as I get older. X)
biddilybah

You could be right … You could be right there...[img]https://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1505583/illusion-vr-virtual-reality-sex-suit.png?w=311[/img]X)

I'm guessing PlayStation VR will be a bit more PG than the PC versions... but...

NSFW, requires google translate: http://20to4000.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/06/12/160858

It just gets weirder.
biddilybah

See, I look at those and they don't really appeal to me. Maybe I'm just … See, I look at those and they don't really appeal to me. Maybe I'm just becoming a miserable sod as I get older. X)

What do you think would appeal to you? What would it need to do to suck you in? (no filth intended X))
My pre-order has been in since day one.

I'll be top of the list to have a Matrix style socket installed in the back of neck.

I have GearVR which I find amazing. Can't wait to see fully fledged VR games.
Gran Turismo in VR will will be amazing.
moneysavingkitten

It will get even more interesting it it does work on PC too. Sony have … It will get even more interesting it it does work on PC too. Sony have said on record they haven't ruled that out in the future, though I am not banking on it.

Someone will be able to open it up to other platforms, it's already happened with the VIVE or Rift.
biddilybah

See, I look at those and they don't really appeal to me. Maybe I'm just … See, I look at those and they don't really appeal to me. Maybe I'm just becoming a miserable sod as I get older. X)

How about something like Solus Project: youtube.com/wat…GVY
Or Pool Nation VR: youtube.com/wat…txs
Serious Sam VR looks great too: youtube.com/wat…xig

I just bought NoLimits 2 so I can start building my own VR rollercoasters!

Edited by: "MBeeching" 4th Jul 2016
moneysavingkitten

I'm guessing PlayStation VR will be a bit more PG than the PC versions... … I'm guessing PlayStation VR will be a bit more PG than the PC versions... but...NSFW, requires google translate: http://20to4000.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/06/12/160858It just gets weirder.

Wow... You weren't kidding about it getting weirder. X)

moneysavingkitten

What do you think would appeal to you? What would it need to do to suck … What do you think would appeal to you? What would it need to do to suck you in? (no filth intended X))

X)

Well, something like Dying Light or Mirror's Edge would make it appeal to me. They had me nearly at Star Wars, but then they call it an "experience" which just sounds like PR speak for minigame.

Lots of horror titles would definitely bring me in. Something like Outlast would be great on it. I know Resident Evil is coming to it too but I saw reports that people left that feeling unwell because of controlling the camera with a dualshock. (I'm sure that can be fixed mind).

Ace Combat has me interested if it does end up being a full game though. Just not enough to get me to hand over all that money for the headset, camera etc. Don't like the use of the move controllers either and hope they don't become a requirement for lots of games.

GTA would be great with the first person view I think too. Maybe I'm just expecting too much at this point in time though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions