The power (and kindness!) of our incredible community - £5 to buy a homeless person a Christmas dinner/gift

Posted 10th Feb 2022
On the 16th December 2021 our member @DrJayDee86 posted this deal to donate £5 to Social Bite which would be used to buy a homeless person a Christmas meal or gift.

It was incredible to see that this deal was voted the hottest of the year (and featured in our 2021 - Year in Review) but we wanted to see what was the impact in terms of donations.

We reached out to Social Bite who came back to us to confirm the following:

Thanks to your help promoting the Itison x Social Bite Christmas campaign, 4,000 Christmas meals were enjoyed, over 16,000 gifts were delivered in time for Christmas and more than 70,000 (!!!) breakfasts, lunches, and emergency food packs will be delivered across 2022. Your support has played an essential part in Social Bite being able to provide free food to anyone who needs it this year.

As i'm sure you'll agree, those numbers are truly phenomenal In total the donations to the Social Bite campaign provided 90,000 meals, gifts and emergency food backs.

We're so proud of our community and for the part you played in helping this campaign reach the numbers that it did.
Community Updates
Official Announcements
New Comment
Top comments
Author
dxx10/02/2022 12:18

Did Pepper or Itison pocket anything out of this venture? Why were Itison …Did Pepper or Itison pocket anything out of this venture? Why were Itison involved as middleman in this venture anyway?

Itison is not an affiliate partner of ours so no.

Whatever agreement Itison had with SocialBite was their own and nothing to do with us.
Great to see the feedback from Social Bite showing how many individuals and their families that have been helped by the £5 gift and will continue to be helped throughout 2022. And special thanks to @DrJayDee86 for sharing such an amazing post with our community
Author
matthews947910/02/2022 16:23

Will hukd be matching all the generous donations?

We don’t know exactly what was raised via the site as they are not an affiliate and we can’t track.

What I do know is that we kept it in deals and also pushed this a few times via our social channels to make sure it got as much exposure as it could receive.
22 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Did Pepper or Itison pocket anything out of this venture? Why were Itison involved as middleman in this venture anyway?
  2. Avatar
    Author

Did Pepper or Itison pocket anything out of this venture? Why were Itison …Did Pepper or Itison pocket anything out of this venture? Why were Itison involved as middleman in this venture anyway?

Itison is not an affiliate partner of ours so no.

Whatever agreement Itison had with SocialBite was their own and nothing to do with us.
  3. Avatar
    Never saw it, but will get a link for it and def donate.
  4. Avatar
    I was curious how it turned out, very happy with the outcome.
  5. Avatar
    Great to see the feedback from Social Bite showing how many individuals and their families that have been helped by the £5 gift and will continue to be helped throughout 2022. And special thanks to @DrJayDee86 for sharing such an amazing post with our community
  6. Avatar

Hi @dxx You can also read some of the other projects organised by Social Bite (who are a non-profit organisation) here:

social-bite.co.uk/wha…do/

7. Avatar
  8. Avatar
    Fantastic news. Proving that kindness is the best deal we can give to others...
  9. Avatar
    Brilliant news, thanks for the update
  10. Avatar
    Author
    matthews947910/02/2022 16:23

We don’t know exactly what was raised via the site as they are not an affiliate and we can’t track.

What I do know is that we kept it in deals and also pushed this a few times via our social channels to make sure it got as much exposure as it could receive.
  11. Avatar
    Jason10/02/2022 19:25

We don’t know exactly what was raised via the site as they are not an a …We don’t know exactly what was raised via the site as they are not an affiliate and we can’t track. What I do know is that we kept it in deals and also pushed this a few times via our social channels to make sure it got as much exposure as it could receive.

So that's a no then.
  12. Avatar
    Author
    matthews947911/02/2022 08:32

So that's a no then.

If your wider point is that it would be nice for the website to consider having some kind of additional charity involvement then i'll pass that on.

For now though, lets just enjoy this really special community moment instead of trying to spin it into something negative towards this website
  13. Avatar
    Jason11/02/2022 08:40

If your wider point is that it would be nice for the website to consider …If your wider point is that it would be nice for the website to consider having some kind of additional charity involvement then i'll pass that on.For now though, lets just enjoy this really special community moment instead of trying to spin it into something negative towards this website

I'm not spinning anything, it was a simple question with a yes or no answer. There is no need to get nasty implying that I am trying to incite negativity.
  14. Avatar
    matthews947911/02/2022 08:59

I'm not spinning anything, it was a simple question with a yes or no …I'm not spinning anything, it was a simple question with a yes or no answer. There is no need to get nasty implying that I am trying to incite negativity.

What are you talking about?

I suggest a delete !

edit , I mean a delete from yourself , not from mod.
    Edited by: "Joey.Bloggsy" 11th Feb
  15. Avatar
    How did they know the people and families that were in need of this ? Great work
  16. Avatar
    matthews947911/02/2022 08:59

I'm not spinning anything, it was a simple question with a yes or no …I'm not spinning anything, it was a simple question with a yes or no answer. There is no need to get nasty implying that I am trying to incite negativity.

This website becomes more political by the day, comments get deleted for no reason but you can talk openly about doing illegal activites and even if it's reported nothing get's done.

I'm sure a xmas meal really made the homeless people truly appreciate how lucky they are
  17. Avatar
    Westwoodo11/02/2022 11:32

This website becomes more political by the day, comments get deleted for …This website becomes more political by the day, comments get deleted for no reason but you can talk openly about doing illegal activites and even if it's reported nothing get's done.I'm sure a xmas meal really made the homeless people truly appreciate how lucky they are

That’s the spirit, Hukd shouldn’t have done anything like providing the platform for this to happen and promoting it in a big way.
    After all, those people who did get the meal aren’t going to thank anybody for the free meal provided because there’s not ‘appreciation’ value in it!

Best to do nothing then I guess.
    Edited by: "Joey.Bloggsy" 11th Feb
  18. Avatar
    Jason10/02/2022 19:25

We don’t know exactly what was raised via the site as they are not an a …We don’t know exactly what was raised via the site as they are not an affiliate and we can’t track. What I do know is that we kept it in deals and also pushed this a few times via our social channels to make sure it got as much exposure as it could receive.

And thank you so very much for same.

@Jason just seen this, I'm not good at keeping up thank you so much for chasing this data and sharing it. What an amazing thing for this community to have done. While the kudos is lovely and thank you other members for same, in reality it is everyone who purchased and shared the deal (many shared beyond hukd to friends, family and colleagues ) who made it happen. Thanks HUKD for highlighting the deal and keeping it high up. TEAM!
    Edited by: "DrJayDee86" 11th Feb
  19. Avatar
    Excellent work @DrJayDee86! I couldn't be more proud to be part of this amazing community as a hotukdealer. Just goes to show this website / app is more than just sharing deals ♥️
    Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 11th Feb
Post a comment
Top Merchants