You ever seen them live?

Banned

archer1204

You ever seen them live?

if I had I wouldn't being asking

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

if I had I wouldn't being asking

Well there is your answer then probably one of the best live bands on the planet thats what they have done for us and of course this
youtube.com/wat…TWw

Banned

archer1204

Well there is your answer then probably one of the best live bands on the … Well there is your answer then probably one of the best live bands on the planet thats what they have done for us and of course this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOu-dWhTTWw

easy to see why it hasn't hit 1 mil views yet

whatsThePoint

so apart from firestarter and smack, what has the prodigy ever done for us

Their albums are pretty good; Invaders must die was awesome.
I barely buy music, but I do when it's The Prodigy, Chase and Status and The Arctic monkeys; can always rely on them to not let me down.

Not to my taste, but saw them play a gig somewhere, possibly download, on tv and must say they put on a wicked show.

Best live performance I ever saw was a Bruno Mars gig! Don't like the music, but he's some performer.

whatsThePoint

so apart from firestarter and smack, what has the prodigy ever done for us

http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA2LzEyLzc3L0xlb25hcmRvRGljLjJkZmVmLmdpZgpwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/7e5a92f5/328/Leonardo-Dicaprio.gif

Easily the best live and iv seen them at meany festivals and there own show back in Birmingham some years ago.
I used to be a stage and concert builder and have seen just about everything and everyone live. Iv also payed to get into a uk festival just because they were on. Their songs and albums are amazing but on stage they are out of this world. I remember been at Gatecrasher summer sounds festival and every arena and tent around the site emptied just to watch them live on stage at the end when everyone was thinking they had finished their set out of space came on that my friends was the best atmosphere in the world to this day iv never experienced anything like it. Time Machine anyone

larrylightweight

Easily the best live and iv seen them at meany festivals and there own … Easily the best live and iv seen them at meany festivals and there own show back in Birmingham some years ago.I used to be a stage and concert builder and have seen just about everything and everyone live. Iv also payed to get into a uk festival just because they were on. Their songs and albums are amazing but on stage they are out of this world. I remember been at Gatecrasher summer sounds festival and every arena and tent around the site emptied just to watch them live on stage at the end when everyone was thinking they had finished their set out of space came on that my friends was the best atmosphere in the world to this day iv never experienced anything like it. Time Machine anyone

Shame about the three people that died there, who didn't even get a mention at the following gigs.

Love(d) The Prodge, Invaders Must Die not so much. Showing my age, but I feel like the atmosphere was better at earlier live events. Be interesting to see what this new album is like.

moneysavingkitten

Shame about the three people that died there, who didn't even get a … Shame about the three people that died there, who didn't even get a mention at the following gigs.Love(d) The Prodge, Invaders Must Die not so much. Showing my age, but I feel like the atmosphere was better at earlier live events. Be interesting to see what this new album is like.

Always a shame when people die at gigs and festivals but honestly no amount of planing can prevent this some may have died of drugs or excessive drinking, but also im sure people have died just from a heart attack because they were loving the music so much and just going mental. Music dose that to you whether its classical or dance if you like it your heart beats faster and the hairs on the back of you neck stand up your spine of the shoulders will start to tingle accompanied by feelings of euphoria. RIP to anyone who has died while enjoying music

larrylightweight

Always a shame when people die at gigs and festivals but honestly no … Always a shame when people die at gigs and festivals but honestly no amount of planing can prevent this some may have died of drugs or excessive drinking, but also im sure people have died just from a heart attack because they were loving the music so much and just going mental. Music dose that to you whether its classical or dance if you like it your heart beats faster and the hairs on the back of you neck stand up your spine of the shoulders will start to tingle accompanied by feelings of euphoria. RIP to anyone who has died while enjoying music

Having been to many a festival in my time, I have to completely disagree.

They were:

- selling legal highs, most of which are pills on every second stall.
- then charging £5 for a 200ml bottle of water and only £3 for a pint of Pimms
- they promised there would be a tap with free water on the camp site. I asked everyone I met if they had found it, no one had.

I think it is highly irresponsible (I feel criminal) and you would have to expect something like that to happen.

The Chemical Brother's refused to play, giving the weather as a reason, when it was only mildly drizzling. I've seen them play in far worse weather conditions before, I think they just didn't want to play because they could see what was happening. It was carnage with people flaking out everywhere. I am fairly sure the only reason I wasn't one of the casualties was because I had the forsight to bring 4 litres of water with me. Which isn't really enough for 3 days even so.

Also, when people starting bringing this up ont he gatecrasher forum after the event, they took down the entire website. What does that tell you?

I've never seen anything like it any other time I have seen the prodigy (and the number of times I have seen them play is well into double figures). Sorry, I won't let the memory of those people go. They deserved better.

ETA: oh yeah, I forgot to add, you weren't allowed bottles tops on site. Not even plastic ones. They took all the bottle lids off you at the gate. So I had to find a way of keeping my 4 litres of water un-spilt and clean, without the caps, which was nothing short of a miracle.
Edited by: "MSK." 6th Jan 2015

some festivals are better than others i would have to agree as iv built stages at meany different ones. some are much more greedy than others as well but iv never been to a festival that dose not have free water its never near the bars or tents or arenas because of the amount of muddy mess it makes,You are right in saying it might be hard to find iv had to walk distances to get water. I do feel for anyone who has died at a festival yes they may have deserved better but festivals like everything else have to get better and evolve and learn from mistakes. Massive amounts of planning go into it health and safety police fire teams all at meetings and are on site all of the time. I was in one of the tents at summer sounds when the dj announced we all had to leave the tent we walked past someone with medics and staff around them we knew it was bad. like i said before RIP. Events definitely have no excuse for taking water bottle lids it is one of my biggest problems in the industry iv experienced it in clubs and its not nice any event that dose this whether its a club or festival should be shut down and fined no excuse for this at all.

Banned

became pants after jilted.

moneysavingkitten

- then charging £5 for a 200ml bottle of water and only £3 for a pint of P … - then charging £5 for a 200ml bottle of water and only £3 for a pint of Pimms.....ETA: oh yeah, I forgot to add, you weren't allowed bottles tops on site. Not even plastic ones.

Can someone explain the logic behind these two to someone that has never been to a festival please?
Edited by: "MadeDixonsCry" 7th Jan 2015

MadeDixonsCry

Can someone explain the logic behind these two to someone that has never … Can someone explain the logic behind these two to someone that has never been to a festival please?

I am not quite sure what you mean by the logic. But I will try and explain what I mean.

The festival sold people legal highs cheaply, that make people feel very dehydrated. They make a person feel hot and sweat and because they are in stuck crowds and said drugs make you want to bounce about even more the effect is multiplied.

They effectively wouldn't let people keep their own bottles of water that they brought with them, the lids were taken by security. It is very hard not to spill water in a bouncing crowd, especially over a period of days.

Then they made the water tap they said would be there, inaccessible. They charged what is equivalent to £25 for a litre of water, but then sold alcohol for £6 a litre, which will dehydrate you even more. Drugs were cheaper than a litre of water.

Add on top of that the fact a lot of people didn't have the option to leave, because they were brought in by bus, so they wouldn't have to drive and the place was in the middle of nowhere.

In my opinion, they were going to make a killing one way or the other. In in terms of the money they would make or by people dehydrating. No water + very dehydrated people = accident waiting to happen. Whether they did it purposefully, or whether it was a horrendously organised festival is debatable.

This is not my experience of other festivals, where water is given out freely and readily. This was just a particularly bad one.

Is that what you wanted to know?

moneysavingkitten

I am not quite sure what you mean by the logic. But I will try and … I am not quite sure what you mean by the logic. But I will try and explain what I mean.The festival sold people legal highs cheaply, that make people feel very dehydrated. They make a person feel hot and sweat and because they are in stuck crowds and said drugs make you want to bounce about even more the effect is multiplied.They effectively wouldn't let people keep their own bottles of water that they brought with them, the lids were taken by security. It is very hard not to spill water in a bouncing crowd, especially over a period of days. Then they made the water tap they said would be there, inaccessible. They charged what is equivalent to £25 for a litre of water, but then sold alcohol for £6 a litre, which will dehydrate you even more. Drugs were cheaper than a litre of water.Add on top of that the fact a lot of people didn't have the option to leave, because they were brought in by bus, so they wouldn't have to drive and the place was in the middle of nowhere.In my opinion, they were going to make a killing one way or the other. In in terms of the money they would make or by people dehydrating. No water + very dehydrated people = accident waiting to happen. Whether they did it purposefully, or whether it was a horrendously organised festival is debatable.This is not my experience of other festivals, where water is given out freely and readily. This was just a particularly bad one.Is that what you wanted to know?

Thanks, I get what you are saying but that wasn't what I was looking for. I want to know what their advertised reasoning was for charging £5 per 200ml water, and even more perplexing is why they confiscated bottle tops. Did they genuinely advertise the fact that they did not allow people to bring their own water?

If not, it sounds like their aim really was mass dehydration and it was the least hidden conspiracy theory in the history of mankind.

MadeDixonsCry

Thanks, I get what you are saying but that wasn't what I was looking for. … Thanks, I get what you are saying but that wasn't what I was looking for. I want to know what their advertised reasoning was for charging £5 per 200ml water, and even more perplexing is why they confiscated bottle tops. Did they genuinely advertise the fact that they did not allow people to bring their own water?If not, it sounds like their aim really was mass dehydration and it was the least hidden conspiracy theory in the history of mankind.

I have no idea. I just observed it.

"Prodigy New album" (ewwaxo; Posted 6 hours, 57 minutes ago)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087
    2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941301
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763973
    4. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders67

See more discussions