Groups

The PS3 Slim Is Faster Than The Phat.... Tests....

Anyone wondering whether to swap to the slim , the eurogamer article (link below) is excellent, showing the saving on electricity bills and testing the install/load speed of games.

25 Comments

Here it says slim is slower:
    n4g.com/ps3…spx
    Hmmmmmm:?
    Aww well, still thinking of getting rid of my 60GB for the slim but trying to find the best place to do so

i wont be downgrading to the slim from my 60GB anytime soon.

ALICOM007;6187978

+1

I sincerely doubt Sony would go to all the hassle of producing a revised console without the performance being (very) slightly better.

Won't upgrade my 320GB(orig.60GB) first version console, just not worth the hassle, in my case.

ALICOM007;6187978

Well I thought I wouldn't
    But thinking about it, the only ps2 game I have played recently was Silent Hill 2 and I don't use the extra stuff like the 4 USB ports (I hardly use one and thats for charging my pad), and only use the pro duo slot.
    Besides, with my room as small as it is, the PS3 just acts like a radiator and my room gets warm really fast.
    So I won't miss it.........(I hope)

niminator;6188054

Well I thought I wouldn't But thinking about it, the only ps2 game I have … Well I thought I wouldn't But thinking about it, the only ps2 game I have played recently was Silent Hill 2 and I don't use the extra stuff like the 4 USB ports (I hardly use one and thats for charging my pad), and only use the pro duo slot.Besides, with my room as small as it is, the PS3 just acts like a radiator and my room gets warm really fast.So I won't miss it.........(I hope)

You will during winter :-D

Banned

personally I'll stick with my 80gb as the new slim blu-ray drive hasnt been tried and tested as reliable yet....................

time will tell.

Spriggan;6188067

You will during winter :-D

Aye, it keeps me nice and toasty:thumbsup:

But I've been meltin during the summer

niminator;6188054

Well I thought I wouldn't But thinking about it, the only ps2 game I have … Well I thought I wouldn't But thinking about it, the only ps2 game I have played recently was Silent Hill 2 and I don't use the extra stuff like the 4 USB ports (I hardly use one and thats for charging my pad), and only use the pro duo slot.Besides, with my room as small as it is, the PS3 just acts like a radiator and my room gets warm really fast.So I won't miss it.........(I hope)

The removal of the extra USB's is stupid imo, mine are always full up and I have 4 already. Play TV takes up one, one or two for Guitar Hero, one for Singstar, often have a 8GB USB hard drive plugged in for moving data to and from a mates place, one free for charging dualshock/headset/wireless keypad. I'm sure many others need them aswell.

Yeah sure I could always keep jockeying them about each day, but goddamn it I want convenience.

Is there no new USB slot on the backside (purely for PlayTV surely)?

robtallica;6188028

I sincerely doubt Sony would go to all the hassle of producing a revised … I sincerely doubt Sony would go to all the hassle of producing a revised console without the performance being (very) slightly better. Won't upgrade my 320GB(orig.60GB) first version console, just not worth the hassle, in my case.

same here, i just dont see the point, i'm happy enough with my 320gb ps3:thumbsup:

Too funny

Original Poster

Well im not sure who to believe.... professional techies who do these tests for a living or some random bloke on youtube ....... +1 etc

Banned

robtallica;6188183

The removal of the extra USB's is stupid imo, mine are always full up and … The removal of the extra USB's is stupid imo, mine are always full up and I have 4 already. Play TV takes up one, one or two for Guitar Hero, one for Singstar, often have a 8GB USB hard drive plugged in for moving data to and from a mates place, one free for charging dualshock/headset/wireless keypad. I'm sure many others need them aswell.Yeah sure I could always keep jockeying them about each day, but goddamn it I want convenience.Is there no new USB slot on the backside (purely for PlayTV surely)?

why not just buy a 4 port hub for a quid or two from dealextreme? I thought they work with a ps3............:thinking:

I find it easier to charge controllers etc from my pc usb port as its on a lot more.

csiman;6188382

why not just buy a 4 port hub for a quid or two from dealextreme? I … why not just buy a 4 port hub for a quid or two from dealextreme? I thought they work with a ps3............:thinking:I find it easier to charge controllers etc from my pc usb port as its on a lot more.

Good point and an obvious solution. I just think it's a bit stingy, seeing as in Sony's eyes they'd love everyone to have a PlayTV unit plugged in - and it's not like the the systems costing mere pennies.

Banned

robtallica;6188447

Good point and an obvious solution. I just think it's a bit stingy, … Good point and an obvious solution. I just think it's a bit stingy, seeing as in Sony's eyes they'd love everyone to have a PlayTV unit plugged in - and it's not like the the systems costing mere pennies.

yeah I get your point but might be worth getting a hub anyway to save all that changing around :thumbsup:

csiman;6188382

why not just buy a 4 port hub for a quid or two from dealextreme? I … why not just buy a 4 port hub for a quid or two from dealextreme? I thought they work with a ps3............:thinking:I find it easier to charge controllers etc from my pc usb port as its on a lot more.

Same here, except just used a spare usb 2.0 hub I had laying around for mine.

IF the slim is faster then fair enough, and if you don't already have a PS3 then go for the slim version (unless you may want to install linux of course). But for those of us that already have a PS3, in most cases it'd be pointless to swap out for the slim... even if for the odd game here and there it saves you all of 2 mins install time, that's nothing really, it's not like you're gonna be installing games every day and have to waste valuable minutes game time installing instead. I for one will cherish that in those 2 extra mins I have to install games I can go take a wizz :whistling:

iNSOMANiAC;6188368

Well im not sure who to believe.... professional techies who do these … Well im not sure who to believe.... professional techies who do these tests for a living or some random bloke on youtube ....... +1 etc

Same professional techies who proved that the majority of multi-platform games work better on the 360? You want your slim to be on top thats all mate.:thumbsup:

At last...

...another PS3 thread.

Original Poster

Met-Cast;6189124

Same professional techies who proved that the majority of multi-platform … Same professional techies who proved that the majority of multi-platform games work better on the 360? You want your slim to be on top thats all mate.:thumbsup:

Yep the same ones, dont live in denial 'mate' I couldnt give a toot about the ps3 or 360 being better, or the slim or the phat as ive got a 360, a ps3 slim and a ps3 phat I just state facts written by professionals :thumbsup:

Sorry but my phat uses less electric than your slim . FACT

If only there was something to play on them I would switch mine on.

Now the PS3 fanboys are turning on each other! Priceless.

thesaint;6189233

At last... ...another PS3 thread.

At last another at last another ps3 post from the Saint..............
    How many is that now? ( at least 6!! )

Im gona get another 60gb one again. Having more USB ports was useful.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Xbox One S Leaked33
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial712
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay716
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764336

See more discussions