The Retro/Previous-Gen Video Game HUKD Thread

As suggested by somebody yesterday I think on one of my threads, we really need a main thread to talk about retro gaming shiz...

Anyways, talk here about all the retro systems and games (Mega Drive) and previous gen etc (PS2 etc)

Tim

51 Comments

i want to randomly say that i used to love playing Red Ant, dunno what on tho, ha ha

lets talk about final fantasy 7 for a bit

Original Poster

Cluffy321;5202292

I want a copy...

I missed a copy of it for £2.99 and a copy of FF8 the other week for £2.99 each.. (before the manager decided to put the price up as they are obviously worth more than £3 each lol.

Tim

Cluffy321;5202292

Good choice

timothyw9;5202311

I want a copy... I missed a copy of it for £2.99 and a copy of FF8 the … I want a copy... I missed a copy of it for £2.99 and a copy of FF8 the other week for £2.99 each.. (before the manager decided to put the price up as they are obviously worth more than £3 each lol.Tim

my favourite game of all time, no other FF game like it

Banned

v2drinkers;5202316

Its got to be ]Chuckie Egg

+1

I iz da champ at Chuckie Egg.:thumbsup:

RedIron;5202315

Good choice

good to see your back mate

Original Poster

i think we should talk about the dreamcast..

and how sony are queer *******s etc..

Tim

Banned

v2drinkers;5202340

Nonsense I am:whistling:

I used to get through ALL levels (27 - or was it 30?) so you were completely back to square one (but much much faster.)

Cluffy321;5202329

good to see your back mate

I only come back for you Cluffy :-D

Original Poster

RedIron;5202386

I only come back for you Cluffy :-D

What about me and Mark? (Marky264)
Tim

timothyw9;5202403

What about me and Mark? (Marky264)Tim

I've not spoken to Mark yet, is he back?

roberto clough, plays the game well ;-)

Original Poster

RedIron;5202425

I've not spoken to Mark yet, is he back?

yep..

guv;5202355

I used to get through ALL levels (27 - or was it 30?) so you were … I used to get through ALL levels (27 - or was it 30?) so you were completely back to square one (but much much faster.)

The bird used to come out of the cage at the top of the screen and chase you went you went back to the 1st level again, following you around screen.

Banned

bassman_uk;5202478

The bird used to come out of the cage at the top of the screen and chase … The bird used to come out of the cage at the top of the screen and chase you went you went back to the 1st level again, following you around screen.

First 10 screens, the platforms were all different - but no bird flying. Second set of same platform screens, you got one bird flying. Final set, you got 2 birds flying. Once all 30 levels were complete, it was back to the beginning but much much faster.

TomWilkoLFC;5202442

roberto clough, plays the game well ;-)

i play every game well

hmm you want retro ? my favourite game ever was wizball on the commodore 64

I never had a Dreamcast, all i ever hear anyone talk about is Shenmue, and i don't een know how to say it let alone what it's all about!!

Not a fan of an FF's

I used to love Goldeneye, recently played it some more and it's still great.

Streets of Rage II, best. game. ever.

Original Poster

queenlush;5202874

hmm you want retro ? my favourite game ever was wizball on the commodore … hmm you want retro ? my favourite game ever was wizball on the commodore 64

Thats partially why I put Previous-gen in the title to avoid all that really old stuff lol.

Tim

Original Poster

sancho1983;5202931

I never had a Dreamcast, all i ever hear anyone talk about is Shenmue, … I never had a Dreamcast, all i ever hear anyone talk about is Shenmue, and i don't een know how to say it let alone what it's all about!!Not a fan of an FF'sI used to love Goldeneye, recently played it some more and it's still great.Streets of Rage II, best. game. ever.

I've never played Shemue either lol.

All I think of when I think of dreamcast is Sonic Adventrue...
lol

I've never really looked much in the FF series although I plan on getting it soonish to see what its like..

Tim

timothyw9;5202945

Thats partially why I put Previous-gen in the title to avoid all that … Thats partially why I put Previous-gen in the title to avoid all that really old stuff lol.Tim

previous-gen means nothing to me ...sorry ...i just saw retro and got giddy lol

Original Poster

queenlush;5202978

previous-gen means nothing to me ...sorry ...i just saw retro and got … previous-gen means nothing to me ...sorry ...i just saw retro and got giddy lol

lol

Do you know of any storage/display unit that is made to store consoles pn (mine are all on a bookshelf with games... problem is there is no more room for consoles on it once the dreamcast arrives.... nore any space for games..

So therefore I need somewhere to stick my 8 very likely to be more soon consoles./.

Tim

timothyw9;5202969

I've never played Shemue either lol.All I think of when I think of … I've never played Shemue either lol.All I think of when I think of dreamcast is Sonic Adventrue...lolI've never really looked much in the FF series although I plan on getting it soonish to see what its like..Tim

7 and 9 stand out for me

Original Poster

I'm starting a youtube channel soon btw everybody 'consoletimmy' is my username..

I'm just trying to come up with an intro video atm..

Tim

long gone are the days of super pang, asteroids and not forgetting ......alex kid!! if memory serves me correctly it came pre installed on the megadrive mkII??

used to love playing kirbys dream land on the NES.

did anybody have an Amiga 500, 500+ or 600?

What about the sega saturn with nights, clockwork knight and sega worldwide soccer 97

My Oh says he has a 500 had a 600 and has 1200 tower with 060CPU (Amiga). I've told him he should be joining in on this thread! He's got a mega collection (SteveBenway on YouTube) As for shelves, he uses cheap wooden shelves from B&Q. - loads of them!

Original Poster

Susannah;5204451

My Oh says he has a 500 had a 600 and has 1200 tower with 060CPU (Amiga). … My Oh says he has a 500 had a 600 and has 1200 tower with 060CPU (Amiga). I've told him he should be joining in on this thread! He's got a mega collection (SteveBenway on YouTube) As for shelves, he uses cheap wooden shelves from B&Q. - loads of them!

Problem with using shelves is I live in the attic lol.

Otherwise I could use my bro's 20% off.. lol

Tim

timothyw9;5204646

Problem with using shelves is I live in the attic lol.Otherwise I could … Problem with using shelves is I live in the attic lol.Otherwise I could use my bro's 20% off.. lolTim

I'll ask him to have a think. He's pretty good with storage and will want to help a fellow collector..

Original Poster

Susannah;5204724

I'll ask him to have a think. He's pretty good with storage and will … I'll ask him to have a think. He's pretty good with storage and will want to help a fellow collector..

Anything you want to know about 80's and 90's Video games and computers/consoles just ask....

I've been playing and collecting for 20 years lol

No I hhave nothing for sale lol

maxmix

Original Poster

Susannah;5204451

My Oh says he has a 500 had a 600 and has 1200 tower with 060CPU (Amiga).

i forgot about the 1200!! never owned one, i was a deprived child!!

any1 play shenmue?

Original Poster

shosie;5213340

any1 play shenmue?

I haven't yet.. give it a whole and i'll pick up a copy.. lol (not the cheapest game to get hold of lol)

Tim

Original Poster

.... lets talk about sonic cd...

was it any good and is it worth paying £30 for it (and then a further £50 or so to get the SEGA CD addon)

Tim

Commodore 64 - ghost busters, now that was a game of my childhood. Made grandparents house interesting .

Original Poster

spobby;5215216

Commodore 64 - ghost busters, now that was a game of my childhood. Made … Commodore 64 - ghost busters, now that was a game of my childhood. Made grandparents house interesting .

/.... dl;ddd ghostbusters... dldld ghostbuster... when your lost or found who do you call ghostbuster dldd dlol

I wanna get the Mega Drive version

Tim

Original Poster

bumpety bump
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
    2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
    3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions