the royal mail con-royal mail managersdelaying mail to hit targetsfor bonuses

royal mail strikes being 1 day a week for each department should only put mail 1 day behind but because management cut work force by 40 percent before the strikes management had to give ot to keep service going since strikes begain local and national to recoup money so they hit there targets for budget cuts they have cut out ot and locked up strike mail rather than deliver it next day untill they dont have enough work to justify a walk they dont want to risk failing a days work so some mail is a month behind so the managers could claim there 4000 pounds budget and clearance targets bonus and 13 post office executives could claim 10 million pounds in bonus lucky there cost cutting imagine what it would be like if they were offering more bonuses

32 Comments

now breathe...

Original Poster

and relaaaaxxxxxxxxxxxx lol

>royal mail strikes being 1 day a week for each department should only put mail 1 day behind

The key item is ONE DAY FOR EACH DEPARTMENT.

So this is likely to put the mail MORE than 1 day behind.

You can bet that each department, even if they are not on strike, will make sure they delay the mail as much as possible to cause maximum delay and disruption.

u lost me there but yes our gaffers get massive bonuses for reaching targets and we get sweet fa for doing the donkey work and dont forget adam croziers bonuses the poor man only got (see below)
dailymail.co.uk/new…tml :whistling:

you really need a grammar lesson. that was unreadable.

easilyconfused;6683495

u lost me there but yes our gaffers get massive bonuses for reaching … u lost me there but yes our gaffers get massive bonuses for reaching targets and we get sweet fa for doing the donkey work and dont forget adam croziers bonuses the poor man only got (see below)http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1219747/Union-fury-10m-bonus-bonanza-post-chiefs.html :whistling:

Are you a postie then - coz I know posties that get plenty of bonuses...

easilyconfused;6683495

u lost me there but yes our gaffers get massive bonuses for reaching … u lost me there but yes our gaffers get massive bonuses for reaching targets and we get sweet fa for doing the donkey work and dont forget adam croziers bonuses the poor man only got (see below)http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1219747/Union-fury-10m-bonus-bonanza-post-chiefs.html :whistling:

At the end of the day, if you work to be a manager, you will get the bonuses too!!

They have worked hard to become managers, so they deserve the pay out.

I think the strikers should be ashamed of themselves with all the people who are unemployed in the UK, they have the nerve to walk out. Not forgetting the trouble they cause for everyone who depends on post.

And the circumstances do not matter, if you dont like where you work, move along and let someone else have a go!

[QUOTE=DAMNOME;6683518]Are you a postie then - coz I know posties that get plenty of bonuses...[/QUOTE
not in the mail centre we dont and yes me and my hubby are both posties.

I suspect that the real truth in this dispute lies somewhere between what the unions claim and what management say-crozier is a slimy character when interviewed but havent been impressed by the union bosses either-the public dont actually KNOW what this is all about-money/pensions/automation/working hours-all have been mentioned and numerous answers given but I am none the wiser.

So any postie telling me that its ALL managements fault or manager telling me the opposite cuts no ice imho-lets have some truth for goodness sake-least we deserve when OUR post is being delayed methinks.

no offence but i couldnt even attempt to read that.

hypnoticstate;6683501

you really need a grammar lesson. that was unreadable.

What he ment was, You really need a grammar lesson. That was unreadable.

Always remember to use CAPITALS when you are being critical of other people's grammar.:-D

aircanman;6683543

At the end of the day, if you work to be a manager, you will get the … At the end of the day, if you work to be a manager, you will get the bonuses too!! They have worked hard to become managers, so they deserve the pay out. I think the strikers should be ashamed of themselves with all the people who are unemployed in the UK, they have the nerve to walk out. Not forgetting the trouble they cause for everyone who depends on post. And the circumstances do not matter, if you dont like where you work, move along and let someone else have a go!

its not just us that have been screwed by mr crozier he did it to the staff at asda before coming to us

jaclec;6683583

What he ment was, You really need a grammar lesson. That was … What he ment was, You really need a grammar lesson. That was unreadable. Always remember to use CAPITALS when you are being critical of other people's grammar.:-D

you mean meant :whistling:

I found that people with large bonuses (say this rm guy) are usually down to "performance-related" pay.
The base pay is usually abysmal for their position and their line of work. However the rule is that the bonus is there, IF you manage to do this and do this very well (in this case the cost cut measure without dropping the amount of letters sent - in other words, improve efficiency). Imagine if he didnt make it - he probably would have got poor money for his work. I guess it forms a part of his motive to work extremely hard.

So whats my point? Well, he worked hard for what he is told to do, and so he deserves it. If the bonus is for helping out the CWU, you can bet he will manage to find some way to tide them through. He is paid the money because that is what his work is worth...

If anything, its the guy who gives him the work we should be angry at.

faevilangel;6683624

You mean "You mean".

thesaint;6683736

You mean "You mean".

Was that not a question?

easilyconfused;6683589

its not just us that have been screwed by mr crozier he did it to the … its not just us that have been screwed by mr crozier he did it to the staff at asda before coming to us

...and just look at them now. Profiable througout the UK as Asda, owned by Walmart worth a fortune. That is exactly what RM needs. The only alternative is closure. For most of us, that is the preferred option and the sooner the better.

059;6683784

...and just look at them now. Profiable througout the UK as Asda, owned … ...and just look at them now. Profiable througout the UK as Asda, owned by Walmart worth a fortune. That is exactly what RM needs. The only alternative is closure. For most of us, that is the preferred option and the sooner the better.

It may be for you, it certainly isn't for me.

No other company can or will deliver letters to every household in the UK for the price of a stamp.

If Mr Crozier has nothing to hide or fear, how come he will not go to an independent ACAS Tribunal with the unions.?

faevilangel;6683624

Touché!! I wasn’t suggesting I was a grammar expert; I just find it annoying that rather than discuss the OP point, groupthink sets in.

http://gkpmblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/grammar_time.jpg

Chidda;6684103

LOVE IT!

Banned

at least you know where the space bar is and it's not all in capitals

other than that the OP is garbage

Original Poster

guilbert53;6683483

royal mail strikes being 1 day a week for each department should only put … >royal mail strikes being 1 day a week for each department should only put mail 1 day behind The key item is ONE DAY FOR EACH DEPARTMENT.So this is likely to put the mail MORE than 1 day behind.You can bet that each department, even if they are not on strike, will make sure they delay the mail as much as possible to cause maximum delay and disruption.

no processing goes out on thursday so not a lot for delivery offices to deliver on friday when they were out mail comes to delivery offices on sat but its locked up

Original Poster

059;6683784

...and just look at them now. Profiable througout the UK as Asda, owned … ...and just look at them now. Profiable througout the UK as Asda, owned by Walmart worth a fortune. That is exactly what RM needs. The only alternative is closure. For most of us, that is the preferred option and the sooner the better.

and workers at asda have less rights and pay than when he went there like postmen have less in there pay packet now than 5 years ago because they had to give up allowances for a gauranteed 2.5 percent pay rise which now despite doubling profits they are now going back on and saying your not getting a pay rise

Original Poster

barky;6683572

I suspect that the real truth in this dispute lies somewhere between what … I suspect that the real truth in this dispute lies somewhere between what the unions claim and what management say-crozier is a slimy character when interviewed but havent been impressed by the union bosses either-the public dont actually KNOW what this is all about-money/pensions/automation/working hours-all have been mentioned and numerous answers given but I am none the wiser.So any postie telling me that its ALL managements fault or manager telling me the opposite cuts no ice imho-lets have some truth for goodness sake-least we deserve when OUR post is being delayed methinks.

croziers on the board of tnt and the sun newspaper group as well as others meaning the sun is gonna lean to his side do you think the woman who was sacked after a manager spat in her face because she didnt want to cross another offices picket line was her fault then

Original Poster

postman do a hard job for low pay rm have claimed for past 10 years they cant give them pay rises because of recession or building for future as well as government taking a pensions holiday crozier and leighton borrowed 5 billion out of posties pension fund to fund acquisition of german po they later gave away changing name to consignia and then back and insuring they secure a new contract

Original Poster

059;6683784

and what happens when he part privatises it like bt and british gas prices go up except where its part privatisation you wont get shares also when they sell off the profitable business section to croziers other company tnt taxpayers those of you that pay tax will have to prop up the loss making part of the business not to mention stamps rising to the equivalent of 6 pounds a letter
by the way all the couriers send through royal mail

Original Poster

email and txting are replacing phone calls not post if anything its created more post instead of going in a shop people order online to be delivered phone contracts have to be cancelled by letters internet account statements are usually sent through post

Banned

stuntman9883;6686379

no processing goes out on thursday so not a lot for delivery offices to … no processing goes out on thursday so not a lot for delivery offices to deliver on friday when they were out mail comes to delivery offices on sat but its locked up

stuntman9883;6686429

and workers at asda have less rights and pay than when he went there like … and workers at asda have less rights and pay than when he went there like postmen have less in there pay packet now than 5 years ago because they had to give up allowances for a gauranteed 2.5 percent pay rise which now despite doubling profits they are now going back on and saying your not getting a pay rise

stuntman9883;6686466

croziers on the board of tnt and the sun newspaper group as well as … croziers on the board of tnt and the sun newspaper group as well as others meaning the sun is gonna lean to his side do you think the woman who was sacked after a manager spat in her face because she didnt want to cross another offices picket line was her fault then

stuntman9883;6686499

postman do a hard job for low pay rm have claimed for past 10 years they … postman do a hard job for low pay rm have claimed for past 10 years they cant give them pay rises because of recession or building for future as well as government taking a pensions holiday crozier and leighton borrowed 5 billion out of posties pension fund to fund acquisition of german po they later gave away changing name to consignia and then back and insuring they secure a new contract

stuntman9883;6686527

and what happens when he part privatises it like bt and british gas … and what happens when he part privatises it like bt and british gas prices go up except where its part privatisation you wont get shares also when they sell off the profitable business section to croziers other company tnt taxpayers those of you that pay tax will have to prop up the loss making part of the business not to mention stamps rising to the equivalent of 6 pounds a letterby the way all the couriers send through royal mail

stuntman9883;6686546

email and txting are replacing phone calls not post if anything its … email and txting are replacing phone calls not post if anything its created more post instead of going in a shop people order online to be delivered phone contracts have to be cancelled by letters internet account statements are usually sent through post

I give up.............

dimebars;6694021

I give up.............

Why?, stuntman makes some very valid points.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
    2. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25104
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767411
    4. Any PS4 News Here29313805

See more discussions