Groups

The Savings Calculator Thread

So I thought it would be quite interesting (if not a little anorak) to keep a running tally of yr savings, was going to do this myself after christmas but thought it would be a good idea to start now and see how much you have actually saved or had for free in £'s before next christmas (does that make sense?)

So if you post say what amount you saved and how if you want (coupon, special offer etc) then when you next post add the new saving to the old amount giving you a running total :-)

24 Comments

Original Poster

I started 2 weeks ago,

so far

3 x cineworld tickets through mastercard offer (1 courtesy of magicjay :thumbsup:) £7.10 x 3 = £21.30

Tesco accepting my Farmfoods vouchers £7.50

Printable coupons £4.15

Bold coupons £3.00

Total £35.65

Oh and the £14 ive just saved on my Pizza Hut order thanks to voucher code

Total £49.65

Just got a full size Dove Visible Care shower gel through the door, whoo hoo, gotta be worth £1.99 I reckon.

Total £51.64

If I could just stop myself buying unnecessary tat I don't really need... atm I'm at about -£1000! I think i'll start afresh next year. :-D

Original Poster

Mystx;7121403

If I could just stop myself buying unnecessary tat I don't really need... … If I could just stop myself buying unnecessary tat I don't really need... atm I'm at about -£1000! I think i'll start afresh next year. :-D

Start with your next saving :thumbsup:

michelleleemoo;7121248

I started 2 weeks ago,so far 3 x cineworld tickets through mastercard … I started 2 weeks ago,so far 3 x cineworld tickets through mastercard offer (1 courtesy of magicjay :thumbsup:) £7.10 x 3 = £21.30Tesco accepting my Farmfoods vouchers £7.50Printable coupons £4.15Bold coupons £3.00Total £35.65Oh and the £14 ive just saved on my Pizza Hut order thanks to voucher codeTotal £49.65

really? they accept farmfood vouchers? brb lemme get my farmfood voucher from my kitchen bin :w00t::w00t:
    no seriously which ones did you use?

got found the vouchers luckily it was still on the worktop not in the bin
    i have 4 two are £2.50 off £25 spend and other two are £5 off £50 spend. it does say redeemable only at farmfoods :?

i have saved a lot in the last couple of week, well over £200 so proud of myself

Original Poster

ilovelilac;7121669

really? they accept farmfood vouchers? brb lemme get my farmfood voucher … really? they accept farmfood vouchers? brb lemme get my farmfood voucher from my kitchen bin :w00t::w00t:no seriously which ones did you use?

Its a bit of hit and miss with it but there is scope to use 'competitors conditional spend coupons/vouchers' It does seem to be pot luck though, I asked sweetly at customer services last week and she went to check and came back and said yes, told the geezer at the till that I had squared it and because my shopping came to over £75 he took both the £5 off a £50 spend and the £2.50 off a £25 spend coupons :thumbsup:

michelleleemoo;7121773

Its a bit of hit and miss with it but there is scope to use 'competitors … Its a bit of hit and miss with it but there is scope to use 'competitors conditional spend coupons/vouchers' It does seem to be pot luck though, I asked sweetly at customer services last week and she went to check and came back and said yes, told the geezer at the till that I had squared it and because my shopping came to over £75 he took both the £5 off a £50 spend and the £2.50 off a £25 spend coupons :thumbsup:

ok thanxx seems like you had the same vouchers as me, will go to the big tesco sometime next week and try it out, £2.50 off would be cool every little helps i spent i got £10 off my 1st tesco online order last week too

Original Poster

ilovelilac;7121815

ok thanxx seems like you had the same vouchers as me, will go to the big … ok thanxx seems like you had the same vouchers as me, will go to the big tesco sometime next week and try it out, £2.50 off would be cool every little helps i spent i got £10 off my 1st tesco online order last week too

just keep this phrase [COLOR="Blue"]competitors conditional spend coupons[/COLOR] in mind and mention it when asking :thumbsup:

michelleleemoo;7121885

just keep this phrase [COLOR="Blue"]competitors conditional spend … just keep this phrase [COLOR="Blue"]competitors conditional spend coupons[/COLOR] in mind and mention it when asking :thumbsup:

thanxx will remember that :thumbsup:

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;7121248

I started 2 weeks ago,so far 3 x cineworld tickets through mastercard … I started 2 weeks ago,so far 3 x cineworld tickets through mastercard offer (1 courtesy of magicjay :thumbsup:) £7.10 x 3 = £21.30Tesco accepting my Farmfoods vouchers £7.50Printable coupons £4.15Bold coupons £3.00Total £35.65Oh and the £14 ive just saved on my Pizza Hut order thanks to voucher codeTotal £49.65[COLOR="Blue"]Just got a full size Dove Visible Care shower gel through the door, whoo hoo, gotta be worth £1.99 I reckon.Another Mastercard Cineworld code £7.10Total £58.74[/COLOR]

Original Poster

I see no one else wants to join in, oh well

Today I used a £5.00 Farmfoods coupon at Tesco and my bonus surprise £4.50 clubcard vouchers

Total £68.24

Original Poster

I need to add

last free cineworld ticket (boo hoo) £7.10
    Garnier Nutrisse hair dye coupon £1
    Comfort 75p off
    £7.50 Farmfoods vouchers @ Tesco again
    and £10 coupon for Staples that I used towards my printer ink

Total £94.59

im actually posting farmfoods leaflets this week. lol (im a postie)

I didn't order a takeaway the other day when i was going to.

£10

Original Poster

DE4L3R;7435681

im actually posting farmfoods leaflets this week. lol (im a postie)

I got more yesterday, keep up the good work :thumbsup::thumbsup:;-)

Original Poster

sancho1983;7435762

I didn't order a takeaway the other day when i was going to.£10

:roll::-D

i won a nintendo wii in a raffle at work . £1 for a wii saving £1xx wateva it costs new

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;7429444

Total £94.59

[COLOR="Lime"]so time for an update
    2 cineworld tickets courtesy of a kind member on here £14.20
    half price Persil Small and Mighty (was half price already) 99p
    £5.00 Farmfoods voucher @ Tesco
    Garnier hairspray 75p coupon
    [SIZE="5"]AND £2000 SCRAPPAGE, WHOO HOO

Total £2115.53[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Teal"]Doesn't anyone else want to join in? http://images.zaazu.com/img/sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-emoticon-000346-large.gif[/COLOR]

i saved £45 at tescos last month, i used m& s spend £25 get £5 off vouchers, did £75 shopping 3 times saved £15 each time with 3 vouchers at a go

Original Poster

ilovelilac;7755698

i saved £45 at tescos last month, i used m& s spend £25 get £5 off vo … i saved £45 at tescos last month, i used m& s spend £25 get £5 off vouchers, did £75 shopping 3 times saved £15 each time with 3 vouchers at a go

they took the farmfood ones [COLOR="Plum"]ill[/COLOR] or are you saying they took m&s ones?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7760985

M & S cooked meat, £1.99 each, got 3 packs for £5, saved 97p! Also 2 r … M & S cooked meat, £1.99 each, got 3 packs for £5, saved 97p! Also 2 ready meals for £3, saved £1 - £1.50That's about it, I don't normally use vouchers, cos I do all my food shopping at M & S and they rarely have them, just offers.Everything I buy normally though I buy online and find the cheapest prices first if that counts.

Hi, I suppose you could do it like that (I'd not thought to tbh as I kinda didnt want to go that far into it personally) but yeah if you want to do that keep a tally and update with each shop, would be interesting to see how much you do save over the course of a year not using coupons :thumbsup: count yourself in

michelleleemoo;7760909

they took the farmfood ones [COLOR="Plum"]ill[/COLOR] or are you saying … they took the farmfood ones [COLOR="Plum"]ill[/COLOR] or are you saying they took m&s ones?

i used M&S vouchers they had the spend £25 get £5 off vouchers

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;7726645

[COLOR="Lime"]so time for an updateTotal £2115.53 [/COLOR]

so its been 7 weeks since I've updated
    I have used £5 of farmfoods vouchers for 6 of these and £7.50 the other = £37.50

coupons totaling £23

£5 saved at PriceMinster

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]New total £2181.03[/COLOR][/SIZE]

yaaaay

http://www.theguys.org/Monkey/Months/2006plus/pix/ani-frogLeaping-R-L3.gif

It would be impossible for me to keep track of what I save through year, As I never do a shop without coupons, plus I get my staff discount. I also cant seem to keep track of what I spend too!! lol
    Well done on all your savings x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32190
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News44
      3. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1020
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764382

See more discussions