The Simpsons Hit & Run Could Get Remastered

Posted 9th Oct
This game was absolutely one of my favourites, from my much younger days. We saw it release bay back in September 2003 and it didn't disappoint one bit.

Lots of people have expressed interest in a remake / remaster of this title, but nothing ever came of it. Vlad Ceraldi (Producer) has expressed that he could see it happening.

Quote from Ladbible / Source
"I could see it on multiple different types of platforms as a remake or remaster. It would have to take the parties who are in charge of the property to want that to happen and someone out there to decide that they were going to go out and do it. But absolutely, it would be fun to explore those characters and that universe again, that work again."

There are of course mods that have been applied to the original game, which brings things a little more upto date in terms of graphics. I feel it needs more than that, so let's hope that IF they remake it, they put in the efforts that they did when this first came out. (I don't have a reason to doubt them at this point, to be fair)

It's all speculation just now, but maybe we should all double dare them to do it? You can't refuse a double dare, right?

If this actually happens, I don't care... I'm buying it and that's that
3306733-oIV24.jpg
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

9 Comments
If it does, it had better be on Switch. I would love to play a remaster of this absolutely legendary game
Wow oh wow, I still hear Homer say "ow my neck" when I crash cars in other games lol
andrewworrall109/10/2019 23:08

If it does, it had better be on Switch. I would love to play a remaster of …If it does, it had better be on Switch. I would love to play a remaster of this absolutely legendary game

I have not played it before but would definitely play it if it came out on Switch!
jamie1510/10/2019 12:34

I have not played it before but would definitely play it if it came out on …I have not played it before but would definitely play it if it came out on Switch!

You have never played it before? Have you been living under a rock or something?!?
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 10th Oct
andrewworrall110/10/2019 12:41

You have never played it before? Have you been living under a rock or …You have never played it before? Have you been living under a rock or something?!?

I used to use my PS2 just for FIFA. Do pretty much the same for PS4 + use it for streaming TV. Switch is my console of choice for most games, Untitled Goose Game is great
I play this on the Dolphin Emulator on PC. Looks great in HD. This and Simpsons Road Rage need a remaster. While we’re at it, bring the 360/PS3 Simpsons game into this gen too.
jamie1510/10/2019 12:48

I used to use my PS2 just for FIFA. Do pretty much the same for PS4 + use …I used to use my PS2 just for FIFA. Do pretty much the same for PS4 + use it for streaming TV. Switch is my console of choice for most games, Untitled Goose Game is great

I don't get the hype for that game (Untitled Goose) but I haven't looked into it. What's it about and what makes it so great?

If I were you I'd get a copy of the original The Simpsons Hit & Run and a console to play it on. You will not regret it!

Also I feel like I've asked you before, sorry if I have, but as your console is Switch like mine is, do you have Super Mario Maker 2? If you message me your Maker ID I'd be happy to pay your courses and even add you as a friend on Switch, if you want to of course
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 10th Oct
andrewworrall110/10/2019 12:57

I don't get the hype for that game (Untitled Goose) but I haven't looked …I don't get the hype for that game (Untitled Goose) but I haven't looked into it. What's it about and what makes it so great?If I were you I'd get a copy of the original The Simpsons Hit & Run and a console to play it on. You will not regret it!Also I feel like I've asked you before, sorry if I have, but as your console is Switch like mine is, do you have Super Mario Maker 2? If you message me your Maker ID I'd be happy to pay your courses and even add you as a friend on Switch, if you want to of course

I played the game the week it was released, before the hype. That game is hilarious and a whole lot of fun, plus the right amount of difficulty for me. I completed the whole game except from the speed runs. It is a must buy IMO.

I don't have Mario Maker yet. I've not even finished New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe yet, but recently I got back into Splatoon a bit. I'll send you my friend code in the evening once I get home from OnePlus event if I remember!
i remember going to youth group at church coz they had a ps1 (or 2) & playing this & crash bandicoot .. clearly i was a cool teenager

just remembered about themepark world which i had at home
Edited by: "little_green" 10th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants