Groups

The Smoothie Recipe Thread

Got a Nutri Ninja over Xmas, been a bit hit and miss with a few recipes I have tried.

Deals for Blenders appear on here quite regularly, so wondered if anyone has any successful recipes to share in this thread, if they also own a blender

30 Comments

My regular nutribullet - red grapes, blueberries, banana and strawberries, with apple juice.

A leafy green (spinach/kale), banana, blueberry, strawberry, half an avocado, 5 walnuts

it's all trial and error I bought one and on a smoothie diet leaves ya very tired, summer fruits and Apple was quite nice, had banana, pineapple and milk yesterday which was lovely (red top milk)

Bacon.

carrots, kale, spinach, beetroot, blueberries, cucumber to make it watery.

Its hard at first to get into a routine. But just use you're head and come up with some ideas, I see people at work who think putting a banana, apples, strawberries an some low fat greek yogurt will help them lose weight...er no

I'm no nutritionist but I know thats far to much sugar and bolloxs to this 5 a day! Plus the body finds it easier for your absorb the fructose in veg/fruit naturally by eating it...simply juicing it you are effectively making a sugary juice

What recipes have you tried so far? Have you had any sugar crashes yet?

taylor102081

it's all trial and error I bought one and on a smoothie diet leaves ya … it's all trial and error I bought one and on a smoothie diet leaves ya very tired, summer fruits and Apple was quite nice, had banana, pineapple and milk yesterday which was lovely (red top milk)

Sounds like you have had a sugar crash, careful that your body doesn't release insulin to regulate the sugar levels, thus creating an ‘insulin spike’, which means you need to burn off the sugar by exercising or it will be stored in the body as fat.
    Edited by: "ThugBasher" 12th Jan

Last night i had, brown rice, half a tin of red kidney beans, clove of garlic, two spring onions, broccoli, butternut squash and an egg in my smoothie

We used to have pity for old people with no teeth having to have food from a blender. Now it's fashionable...

thewongwing101

Bacon.

Lol

Banana, kale, peanut butter, raw sprouts, celery and dextrose/protein powder.

had strawberry protein, banana and pineapple, was lush but had mango and pineapple was not amazing anyone know how to get mango less bitter without sugar

stuarthanley

Banana, kale, peanut butter, raw sprouts, celery and dextrose/protein … Banana, kale, peanut butter, raw sprouts, celery and dextrose/protein powder.

This sounds disgusting X)

taylor102081

had strawberry protein, banana and pineapple, was lush but had mango and … had strawberry protein, banana and pineapple, was lush but had mango and pineapple was not amazing anyone know how to get mango less bitter without sugar

Don't include (as much) mango.

thewongwing101

Bacon.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41u7Q0Xb6hL.jpg

My daily smoothie contains...

2-3 heaped tablespoons of Pulsin Unflavoured Soya Protein Powder (90% Protein)
    2 large bananas
    75g of Raspberries
    75g of Blackberries
    100g of Blueberries
    100g of Strawberries
    50-100g of Red or Black Grapes
    50g of Cranberries when available, or substitute with 50-100g of Dessert Pears
    A couple of pinches of Ground Ginger (or chunks of freshly cut Root Ginger); random quantity
    A few squirts of The Protein Works Butterscotch Flavour Zero Syrups (Zero Calorie + Zero Sugar + Zero Fat); random quantity
    A few shakes from a packet of Bioglan Superfoods Green Boost Powder; again, a random quantity

Original Poster

Anyway to thicken up a smoothie, without the use of a banana. (nasty things)

sotv

Anyway to thicken up a smoothie, without the use of a banana. (nasty … Anyway to thicken up a smoothie, without the use of a banana. (nasty things)

Use more of any other fruit? Frozen fruits make thicker smoothes too. Yes bananas are very nasty things.

Pineapple, mango, pink grapefruit, lime, touch of yoghurt if you want, water and/or ice - Lilt on crack. Mix with rum if desired

Don't really care if it's not the healthiest, tastes amazing. Nor do I need extra protein.
    Edited by: "MSK." 15th Jan

1 x tsp Nescafe

2 x tsp granulated sugar

10ml whole milk

You're mental, the lot of ya X)

deeky

1 x tsp Nescafe2 x tsp granulated sugar10ml whole milkYou're mental, the … 1 x tsp Nescafe2 x tsp granulated sugar10ml whole milkYou're mental, the lot of ya X)

Fancy seeing you in a smoothie thread

airfix

Fancy seeing you in a smoothie thread

Tru dat X)

Eat the fruit whole. It takes longer so you fill up quicker. People are being deceived by these machines and consuming many more calories than they need in very short spaces of time thinking they are being healthy. Eat a balanced diet, walk as much as you can and stop thinking there's an easy way to lose weight. There isn't!

moneysavingkitten

Use more of any other fruit? Frozen fruits make thicker smoothes too. … Use more of any other fruit? Frozen fruits make thicker smoothes too. Yes bananas are very nasty things.Pineapple, mango, pink grapefruit, lime, touch of yoghurt if you want, water and/or ice - Lilt on crack. Mix with rum if desired :DDon't really care if it's not the healthiest, tastes amazing. Nor do I need extra protein.

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/4/3717/CaptainJackRum.gif
    btw does rum work in soup ?(like I don't already know the answer)

thewongwing101

btw does rum work in soup ?(like I don't already know the answer)

You're a step ahead of me on that one X)

moneysavingkitten

You're a step ahead of me on that one X)

just.
    https://m.popkey.co/127d20/zEZY8.gif

thewongwing101

just.

Any soup?

moneysavingkitten

Any soup?

just defrosted the last pumpkin(my that was nice)
    courgette soup next

thewongwing101

just defrosted the last pumpkin(my that was nice)courgette soup next

Lucky you courgette crisis in shops at the mo!

moneysavingkitten

Lucky you courgette crisis in shops at the mo!

will take a picture not maybe what you are expecting itwt

sotv

Anyway to thicken up a smoothie, without the use of a banana. (nasty … Anyway to thicken up a smoothie, without the use of a banana. (nasty things)

Yoghurt.
    Peanut Butter.
    Chocolate Spread.
    Rice.
    Oats.
    Coconut Flour.

Just don't add too much at once, as your blender may not be powerful enough to cope with the increased resistance.

PS. An Amazon (UK) Lightning Deal has just gone live for my main* Blender...

Salter EK2154 Multi-Purpose BlenderPro Smoothie and Juice Maker, 1500 W [Energy Class a]
    [ amazon.co.uk/dp/…B0/ ]

Down from £80.00 to £59.18:

[ amazon.co.uk/dp/…OLE ]

It is active until 11pm today.

* I have a few others!

Original Poster

Used Greek Yoghurt for the first time yesterday in a blend, very nice too. The most enjoyable and drinkable smoothie so far too date

Honeydew Melon
    Strawberry
    Mango
    Plain Greek Yoghurt
    Coconut Milk
    Edited by: "sotv" 18th Jan
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Galaxy Note 8 grey import12
      2. New Firmware for S4 mini?11