Groups

The 'Spain will WIN the World Cup' Thread

Banned
    Yes, the 2010 FIFA World Cup of football/soccer in real life.

With Fernando Torres leading the attack, he will take Spain to glory once more again.

41 Comments

Banned

Liverpool believe a persistent groin injury may deprive Fernando Torres of the chance to play for Spain at the World Cup.
    Full story: The Times

meh............

I back Brazil as always, they always have the best players and kick ass

Original Poster Banned

DarkKnight;7117474

I back Brazil as always, they always have the best players and kick ass

Does Brazil have a better attacking force in Torres and Villa?

The midfield of Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas?

torres88;7117487

Does Brazil have a better attacking force in Torres and Villa?The … Does Brazil have a better attacking force in Torres and Villa?The midfield of Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas?

Yes

Supermod

torres88;7117487

Does Brazil have a better attacking force in Torres and Villa?The … Does Brazil have a better attacking force in Torres and Villa?The midfield of Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas?

On paper England have just as good options in Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Carrick, Hargreaves...different style but just as effective.

Banned

magicjay1986;7117555

On paper England have just as good options in Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, … On paper England have just as good options in Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Carrick, Hargreaves...different style but just as effective.

on paper........................

on the field its a completely different story

Supermod

dimebars;7117566

on paper........................on the field its a completely different … on paper........................on the field its a completely different story

I disagree. I said "on paper" as you could put any of those players in the England team against Spains midfield and it would be a cracking battle.

Original Poster Banned

magicjay1986;7117555

On paper England have just as good options in Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, … On paper England have just as good options in Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Carrick, Hargreaves...different style but just as effective.

Heskey and Rooney
    or
    Torres and Villa?

The creative side of Spain midfield is well above England.

Banned

torres88;7117577

Heskey and Rooneyor Torres and Villa?The creative side of Spain midfield … Heskey and Rooneyor Torres and Villa?The creative side of Spain midfield is well above England.

I'd say they're well-matched, but it's hard for Spain to stay at their peak over a long period - just look what happened in the Confederations Cup.

FilthAndFurry;7117639

I'd say they're well-matched, but it's hard for Spain to stay at their … I'd say they're well-matched, but it's hard for Spain to stay at their peak over a long period - just look what happened in the Confederations Cup.

Look what happened to England in Euro 2008

Supermod

torres88;7117577

Heskey and Rooneyor Torres and Villa?The creative side of Spain midfield … Heskey and Rooneyor Torres and Villa?The creative side of Spain midfield is well above England.

Rooney or Villa - Rooney
    Rooney or Torres - ...tough call. Both goalscorers (Torres edging) but Rooney offers more to a game.

Why are we limiting it to creativity? There is PLENTY more to a midfield than just creativity. You have just cited what Spain are known for.

Banned

DarkKnight;7117687

Look what happened to England in Euro 2008

I agree - the improvement is remarkable.

FilthAndFurry;7117749

I agree - the improvement is remarkable.

But we haven't seen them in a major competition since, so there is no comparison to be made so far, they may do alright in friendlies etc but when it comes to the big cheeses then it's a different ball game

We have just as good a chance as Spain if we can get the team just right.
    Also Gerrard & Lampard are as good as any Spanish Midfielder.
    Although DarkKnight talks rubbish I'd have to agree that Brazil are the team to beat as usual.

Supermod

If Torres is injured between now and then I really see their hopes hugely dented. Same if Rooney gets injured. Both of these players are the first names on the teamsheet.

Original Poster Banned

stgeorge;7117810

We have just as good a chance as Spain if we can get the team just … We have just as good a chance as Spain if we can get the team just right.Also Gerrard & Lampard are as good as any Spanish Midfielder.Although DarkKnight talks rubbish I'd have to agree that Brazil are the team to beat as usual.

This is the biggest problem with the British media, they always!!! overhype their team before any major competition.

magicjay1986;7117822

If Torres is injured between now and then I really see their hopes hugely … If Torres is injured between now and then I really see their hopes hugely dented. Same if Rooney gets injured. Both of these players are the first names on the teamsheet.

I love Rooney but I think also Gerrard & Lennon are going to be important.
    Lets just hope whoever go's in goal doesn't go mental as this is always a big worry for me.

torres88;7117864

This is the biggest problem with the British media, they always!!! … This is the biggest problem with the British media, they always!!! overhype their team before any major competition.

Everything I said is true & I don't work in the British media :?

Brazil FTW
    Allow the other Minors. :thumbsup:
    And BTW Fabiano on his day is as leathal as Torres.

Original Poster Banned

stgeorge;7117896

Everything I said is true & I don't work in the British media :?

Not your fault mate, the British media, hypnotize the British public before any major tournament, especially in football.

btw. Does England avoid Brazil and Spain till the final? As they are in the other half of the draw?

Ricardo Kaka;7117921

Brazil FTWAllow the other Minors. :thumbsup:And BTW Fabiano on his day is … Brazil FTWAllow the other Minors. :thumbsup:And BTW Fabiano on his day is as leathal as Torres.

3rd favourites now :whistling:

Original Poster Banned

Ricardo Kaka;7117921

Brazil FTWAllow the other Minors. :thumbsup:And BTW Fabiano on his day is … Brazil FTWAllow the other Minors. :thumbsup:And BTW Fabiano on his day is as leathal as Torres.

Haha cheers for the laugh ;-)

torres88;7117926

Not your fault mate, the British media, hypnotize the British public … Not your fault mate, the British media, hypnotize the British public before any major tournament, especially in football.btw. Does England avoid Brazil and Spain till the final? As they are in the other half of the draw?

Not me, I just know if our full first team plays to its potential we have a better chance than all the anti English mob try & make out.
    Lets just wait until the world cup & see what happens :thumbsup:

Starr;7117936

3rd favourites now :whistling:

Hmmm.
    Just beacause there in the "Group of death" i suppose.
    Portugal Are Nothing Compared, They Try Playing Brazil's Game And Fail Big Time. ;-)
    Brazil Beat Them Last Year 6-2 With Near Enough The Same Team's As Now.

stgeorge;7117976

Not me, I just know if our full first team plays to its potential we have … Not me, I just know if our full first team plays to its potential we have a better chance than all the anti English mob try & make out.Lets just wait until the world cup & see what happens :thumbsup:

Best thing for it although.....

England win
    Anti England mob will moan as we got the easiest route.

England fail
    Anti England mob will boast.

win/win for them eh?

Banned

torres88;7117926

Not your fault mate, the British media, hypnotize the British public … Not your fault mate, the British media, hypnotize the British public before any major tournament, especially in football.btw. Does England avoid Brazil and Spain till the final? As they are in the other half of the draw?

For British you should read English

Ricardo Kaka;7117980

Hmmm.Just beacause there in the "Group of death" i suppose.Portugal Are … Hmmm.Just beacause there in the "Group of death" i suppose.Portugal Are Nothing Compared, They Try Playing Brazil's Game And Fail Big Time. ;-)Brazil Beat Them Last Year 6-2 With Near Enough The Same Team's As Now.

Last time I watched Portugal they were awful, they'll have to step things up just to qualify let alone beat Brazil.

Ricardo Kaka;7117980

Hmmm.Just beacause there in the "Group of death" i suppose.Portugal Are … Hmmm.Just beacause there in the "Group of death" i suppose.Portugal Are Nothing Compared, They Try Playing Brazil's Game And Fail Big Time. ;-)Brazil Beat Them Last Year 6-2 With Near Enough The Same Team's As Now.

They will get through the group but just dont think they will win it, also they are playing some boring stuff, getting the results but this aint the Brazil a grew up with :-(

torres88;7117974

Haha cheers for the laugh ;-)

:?
    Do you even know who Fabiano is ?
    Guess Not.
    :thinking:

Starr;7118008

They will get through the group but just dont think they will win it, … They will get through the group but just dont think they will win it, also they are playing some boring stuff, getting the results but this aint the Brazil a grew up with :-(

I agree, i miss the days of Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos etc

DarkKnight;7118098

I agree, i miss the days of Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos etc

Dont forget Cafu and the goal machine Romario

Starr;7118119

Dont forget Cafu and the goal machine Romario

Cafu = Legend

Denilson was great too

Ricardo Kaka;7118015

:?Do you even know who Fabiano is ? Guess Not. :thinking:

I don't think they know too

Fabiano - Brazil
    Appearances - 36
    Goals 25

Torres - Spain
    Appearances - 71
    Goals - 23

Fabiano has scored more goals than Torres for his country in only half of the appearances

DarkKnight;7118180

I don't think they know tooFabiano - BrazilAppearances - 36Goals 25Torres … I don't think they know tooFabiano - BrazilAppearances - 36Goals 25Torres - SpainAppearances - 71Goals - 23Fabiano has scored more goals than Torres for his country in only half of the appearances

That'll Shut Mr Torres Up
    Inb4 The Exuses :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

DarkKnight;7118180

I don't think they know tooFabiano - BrazilAppearances - 36Goals 25Torres … I don't think they know tooFabiano - BrazilAppearances - 36Goals 25Torres - SpainAppearances - 71Goals - 23Fabiano has scored more goals than Torres for his country in only half of the appearances

Stats can easily be manipulated. Can you give me the club record for both player?

Clubs like City dont offer Liverpoolfc £70m for Torres for no reason.

torres88;7118234

Stats can easily be manipulated. Can you give me the club record for both … Stats can easily be manipulated. Can you give me the club record for both player?Clubs like City dont offer Liverpoolfc £70m for Torres for no reason.

City Have Money Too Throw Away.
    Scouse Are In Debt.
    Simple.

Oh And I Thought This Was Spain/Brazil.
    Hmmm
    Funny How it changed.

torres88;7118234

Stats can easily be manipulated. Can you give me the club record for both … Stats can easily be manipulated. Can you give me the club record for both player?Clubs like City dont offer Liverpoolfc £70m for Torres for no reason.

We are talking about international teams, so how are the stats being manipulated?

Original Poster Banned

Lol so that means Crouch is the best international foward in the world?

18 goals in just 17 starts

torres88;7118333

Lol so that means Crouch is the best international foward in the world?18 … Lol so that means Crouch is the best international foward in the world?18 goals in just 17 starts:p

Peter Crouch - England

Appearances - 35
    Goals - 18

Where are you getting your facts from?
    And the fact i just stated shows that Fabiano also holds a better record than Crouch too

torres88;7118333

Lol so that means Crouch is the best international foward in the world?18 … Lol so that means Crouch is the best international foward in the world?18 goals in just 17 starts:p

:lol:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2034
      2. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1426
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866388
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313802

See more discussions