The Sub Torps

Found 28th Jul
Does anyone know where you can buy them without having to spend £50 to get free postage? I think the price online of £7.49 is fair but an extra £5 for postage makes buying one or two steep. Amazon only sell them in bulk as well
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I've just had a search and can only find torps available direct or Amazon.
I did spot this tho...
uk.the-sub.com/register-my-sub/ 5% it you register your product.
This is only good to you if you haven't registered it yet.
If you havnt, it would be worth having a one of splurge over £50 to get the delivery and obviously the more you spend the more your 5% will be.

I don't have one of these but I thought it only right I did a littke digging for you in the hope you can give me a little info on these.

Is it a good buy (I.e. pour a nice pint) or is it just average and a bit gimmicy?

How long do the trops take to chill and does it have a temp indicator?

Is the last beer as gassy as the first even if it's a few days between them?

Have you noticed any difference in quality or flavour if you have a beer then leave the torp in for a few days or more before having another?

If mid way through a torp and for e.g. going away for a weekend, can it be switched off and then rechilled when you want to use it or doe I need to keep it chilled all the time?

A lot of ?'s but I will be buying this without telling the missus. She won't be impressed but will get over it. She will be even more furious if I bought it then didn't use it lol.

Thanks
Edited by: "BFCsider" 28th Jul
Only got it a month ago with 3 torps... used them all at a bbq with friends. It tasted class and because I chilled them before hand they didn't foam out
BFCsider32 m ago

I've just had a search and can only find this available direct or Amazon.I …I've just had a search and can only find this available direct or Amazon.I did spot this tho... uk.the-sub.com/register-my-sub/This is only good to you if you haven't registered it yet.If you havnt, it would be worth having a one of splurge over £50 to get the delivery and obviously the more you spend the more your 5% will be.I don't have one of these but I thought it only right I did a littke digging for you in the hope you can give me a little info on these.Is it a good buy (I.e. pour a nice pint) or is it just average and a bit gimmicy?How long do the trops take to chill and does it have a temp indicator?Is the last beer as gassy as the first even if it's a few days between them?Have you noticed any difference in quality or flavour if you have a beer then leave the torp in for a few days or more before having another?If mid way through a torp and for e.g. going away for a weekend, can it be switched off and then rechilled when you want to use it or doe I need to keep it chilled all the time?A lot of ?'s but I will be buying this without telling the missus. She won't be impressed but will get over it. She will be even more furious if I bought it then didn't use it lol.Thanks

My recommendation... if you want beer on tap... brew your own and see if you can sneak one of these into the house without the wife noticing:

34524423-LMG3e.jpg
miikeyblue17 h, 44 m ago

My recommendation... if you want beer on tap... brew your own and see if …My recommendation... if you want beer on tap... brew your own and see if you can sneak one of these into the house without the wife noticing:[Image]

34531475-63aGw.jpg

I blanked out a wee swear word which may have angered the mods lol.

The smell of boiling an all grain brew created this. It's been a long process but it's the Oval Inn Brewery and Ale House.

Triple tap served from a (free) fridge. Home brewed beer, works out around 20p a pint
BFCsider28th Jul

I've just had a search and can only find torps available direct or …I've just had a search and can only find torps available direct or Amazon.I did spot this tho... uk.the-sub.com/register-my-sub/ 5% it you register your product.This is only good to you if you haven't registered it yet.If you havnt, it would be worth having a one of splurge over £50 to get the delivery and obviously the more you spend the more your 5% will be.I don't have one of these but I thought it only right I did a littke digging for you in the hope you can give me a little info on these.Is it a good buy (I.e. pour a nice pint) or is it just average and a bit gimmicy?How long do the trops take to chill and does it have a temp indicator?Is the last beer as gassy as the first even if it's a few days between them?Have you noticed any difference in quality or flavour if you have a beer then leave the torp in for a few days or more before having another?If mid way through a torp and for e.g. going away for a weekend, can it be switched off and then rechilled when you want to use it or doe I need to keep it chilled all the time?A lot of ?'s but I will be buying this without telling the missus. She won't be impressed but will get over it. She will be even more furious if I bought it then didn't use it lol.Thanks

Had mine for a year or so. Definately a decent pint.

I chill mine overnight and they have a little blue bit on the Torps to say if they are cold enough.

I tend to not let them last several days but Id say after 3 days (max. I have left one) its still as good as first pour.
Quality seems to stay the same due to the pressure the liquid is kept under (I think).

I leave my machine on as long as there's a Torp in it but you should switch off when not loaded so the instructions say. Suppose it's like having an empty fridge...

If mid way through a torp I'd say finish it as probably do it no good to get warm and rechill (you definately shouldn't half use a Torp and then remove it before it's finished).

Drop me a pm if you have any other questions. Happy to help.
Edited by: "Drooler" 30th Jul
Funny enough just got an email offering the Sub for £69 and 20% off all beers. Worth a look at the site if you are after one!
Brilliant info.
Thanks @Drooler I'm gonna get one and take the grief
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants