Groups
    EXPIRED

The Sun 50% off Alton Towers Hotel offer?

I have just seen an offer through the Sun which offers 50% off Alton Towers hotel on a room only basis.

Has anyone done this? I just tried calling but they are closed at the moment.

If I book the room and entrance tickets separately, do you still get let in the park an hour early?

Thanks

14 Comments

Done it loads of times.

Usually pay about £58 for two BandB, or £68 for 4.

Usually get in about an hour to half an hour earlier then the non guests.

Original Poster

Latinosharkey;8525586

Done it loads of times. Usually pay about £58 for two BandB, or £68 for 4 … Done it loads of times. Usually pay about £58 for two BandB, or £68 for 4.Usually get in about an hour to half an hour earlier then the non guests.

I might give them a ring tomorrow then. I can get one night at Splash Landings and 2 x 2 admission tickets for just under £170.

If I can use this deal, I could get the hotel room for £52 and 2 x 2 day admission tickets for about £70 making it just over £120!

Has anyone used this offer recently?

used it about two months ago. Its best to book a couple of months a head, but not always.

This seems a great deal.
    Can you tell us how to get it
    Is there a page ref or phone no.?

Original Poster

I am getting rather annoyed. It is possible to stay for more than one night at an Alton Towers hotel isn't it?

I can get a price for one night, but if I change it to two nights, neither AT hotels appear in the results. No way can both hotels be fully booked - what is going on!

Original Poster

patience_1;8527064

This seems a great deal.Can you tell us how to get itIs there a page ref … This seems a great deal.Can you tell us how to get itIs there a page ref or phone no.?

Thank you so much
    My children have wanted to go for ages but thought the hotel was too expensive.

Original Poster

patience_1;8527202

Thank you so much My children have wanted to go for ages but thought … Thank you so much My children have wanted to go for ages but thought the hotel was too expensive.

Your welcome, I actually stumbled upon it myself.

I am going to give them a call tomorrow and find out if it works and why I cannot book two nights!

F.Y.I, it only works on standard rooms (not themed) which isn't surprising. I called up today to enquire how much the Sonic the Hedgehog room was for one night for two adults (my boyfriend loves Sonic!) and it is a shocking £375 for one night NOT including admission tickets to AT!!

Original Poster

Has anyone ever had this problem before? It seems both hotels are showing as full for a Tues / Weds / Thurs and Friday. I was hoping to stay two nights checking in Monday and leaving on Wednesday.

There are no events on that week and it is not the school hols so I cannot work out why both are coming up as full?!

I am going to call them tomorrow and find out what is going on. I am really hoping it isn't really full because that would indicate a very busy Alton Towers!

Original Poster

I just spoke to someone at Alton Towers by calling the above number and can confirm that the offer does work. Although, be warned - they have a very limited amount of rooms available each day for the offer and most of the rooms seem to be in the Splash Landings Hotel.

Also, the prices are rather different to what is shown online. When I looked last night for one night at the Alton Towers Hotel is was just under £130 a night, yet this morning I was told with 50% off the price it was going to be £91.25 a night so they are saying it is normally £182.50 (so about another £50 than what is quoted on their website). When I queried this I was told that when you book online, it uses a different system and because they have recently updated their systems and are having some major problems with it, the prices don't currently match.

I also queried why the hotels are showing as fully booked online and apparently it is again due to the new systems not working properly. Although one of the hotels is nearly full but this is because of a conference - thank god!

Is this offer still on?!?

Published: 28 Feb 2009??

Original Poster

the__mayster;8529253

Is this offer still on?!?Published: 28 Feb 2009??

Yeap, it is still ongoing.

Original Poster

Ok, I am now really annoyed. I called Alton Towers this morning as was told a room at Splash Landings was about £65 a night (with the 50% off discount). I called them this afternoon to book and was quoted £96 with the 50% off. No matter how much I argued they would not budge on the price saying that is what it is but they cannot explain why it has jumped £30 in a matter of hours!

Does anyone please have a code I could use so I can book it on the website to get 50% off I've searched everywhere

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
    2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
    3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
    4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions