Groups

The Taxman might owe you money!

Do you have a child who was born between April 1986 and April 2003?

Did you or your partner earn £6,000 or more in the tax years and 2002-2003?

If so, the Taxman could owe you up to £1000!!!

Link in 1st post!

27 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks for the direct link!

dontdothatagain --- is this only in scotland? :p:whistling:

Original Poster

What makes you think that?

I dont really know. TBH

Dont bother with Gladstone they dont do anything you cant do, just phone or write a letter to your local tax office and they should sort out a refund for you without the 25% cut that Gladstone take.

coz ... (i am just pulling your leg mate!)
    you had this 'talk' with someone here about the differences between scotland and england.

dontdothatagain;2447393

What makes you think that?I dont really know. TBH

Did your parents make a claim on you????
    :lol:

*prays the taxman owes me 50 million pounds*

Original Poster

kippy;2447407

coz ... (i am just pulling your leg mate!)you had this 'talk' with … coz ... (i am just pulling your leg mate!)you had this 'talk' with someone here about the differences between scotland and england.

Yeh I did!!
    BlasterLad;2447408

Did your parents make a claim on you???? :lol:

Funny. Not.

Funny. Not.[/QUOTE]

Well you are a child who was born between April 1986 and April 2003. Just stating a fact my little scottish friend :thumbsup:

25% fee + VAT if successful - just of the phone to them.
    Thanks for the tip all the same

oooh dontdothatagain, didnt realise you were that young ... are you??

Original Poster

BlasterLad;2447490

Funny. Not.

Well you are a child who was born between April 1986 and April 2003. Just stating a fact my little scottish friend :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

My Welsh Friend, I like banter but be seriuos!

Original Poster

kippy;2447520

oooh dontdothatagain, didnt realise you were that young ... are you??

Yes, me be 13. What about yourself?

dontdothatagain;2447521

Well you are a child who was born between April 1986 and April 2003. Just … Well you are a child who was born between April 1986 and April 2003. Just stating a fact my little scottish friend :thumbsup:

My Welsh Friend, I like banter but be seriuos![/QUOTE]

I would take your Bebo link out of your profile if you don't want people to know how old you are!

too young for me i'm afraid (grins) ...
    tis a good thing coz we need some young blood around. i always thought you were more adult

Original Poster

Thanks, I tend to be, thats why I have confused so many people on here! They all thought I was in my 20s!!

Good find,
    I'll check mine out tomorrow.

Original Poster

:thumbsup:

Good find
    Will look into this :thumbsup:

Original Poster

No bother :thumbsup:

knowing my luck - i'll make a claim and they will say that i owe them the £ 1,000 ;-)

Original Poster

Thats what we said

Banned

Our Fees: -
    • Our fee is 25% of any amount awarded plus VAT (at the prevailing rate at that time) or a minimum fee of £200 plus VAT, whichever is
    the greater. This is only payable upon successful conclusion of the claim.

I was born in 1989 (4th july :-D) my sister was 26th may 1986
    and my dad earns a hellaot more than 6k a year

so how do i go about it for them
    e.g wheres a direct number to the tax peopl instead of paying some company

btw where did you get this info about a tax rebate?

EDIT DEADLINE HAS PASSED FOR THIS

It's very easy to do. I've just phoned my local tax office. The deadline … It's very easy to do. I've just phoned my local tax office. The deadline has passed for the 2001/02 tax year - fortunately it seems we received it for both tax years but there was in fact an additional baby allowance of £529 if you had a baby born in the 2002/03 tax year, which is mentioned in a previous post and we didn't receive this so I have been told to send them a letter and they will look into it. Hopefully I will have a refund coming my way soon.Please be clear if contacting your tax office it's the old children's tax credit and not child tax credit which is what is currently given to families with children.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3701436
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764604
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17436162
      4. WONGA REFUNDS DUE188928

See more discussions