Found 28th Feb
West London has seen an increase of the Travelling Community moving from site to site to site. Being evicted from one and then moving on, only to try their luck and return again. The inconvenience and disruption caused is tremendous and the mess left behind can leave the landowners with thousands or tens of thousands of pounds in a clean up operation. Police seldom want to get involved and appear to be afraid to tackle alot of the issues surrounding burglaries, breakins, fly tipping and illegal motoring....but the best they can do is move them along to another poor property owner to deal with.
Local news over the last few weeks has mentioned report after report of flytipping....but nothing appears to being done...they wont catch them as they are too quick....too clever....and swap numberplates at time of dump....how frustrating that us council tax payers are seeing a rise this year to pay for clean up operations like this!!! Surely the government can take serious action....they appear to be a community that people are afraid to confront.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
40 Comments

Banned

I would worry about the big issues first.

If you cannot sort your Ribena problem out then what hope do you have with gypsies ?
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 28th Feb

Original Poster

True....i need to get to Home Bargains and fast....closed now....prehaps i could break on and claim squatters rights while im at it!

So London is now experiencing the same issues as the rest of the country has had for years (yes there is civilisation outside the M25 ..err..... or maybe not !) . Don't worry they will soon leg it once they realise they have to pay the congestion charge

rogparki

So London is now experiencing the same issues as the rest of the country … So London is now experiencing the same issues as the rest of the country has had for years (yes there is civilisation outside the M25 ..err..... or maybe not !) . Don't worry they will soon leg it once they realise they have to pay the congestion charge

Love it ha ha

Guessing they heard there are loads of people wanting their drives tarmacing down there

It' was the same in Edinburgh the council gave them a place to live toilets etc but they just kept messing it up and leaving rubbish etc you try to help them but they are set in there ways

Banned

didn't you hear on news that they moved to a high school car park over weekend. the poor school kids couldn't go outside.

Just build another prison and lock them all up. So many laws they break without being punished. Has got to be a cheaper solution than constantly moving them on and cleaning up after them.

It could be worse, they don't take anyone's jobs or housing and they eventually go away. In fact they are in the business of creating jobs - for the police, council workers etc.:)

STEWIEG

It could be worse, they don't take anyone's jobs or housing and they … It could be worse, they don't take anyone's jobs or housing and they eventually go away. In fact they are in the business of creating jobs - for the police, council workers etc.:)

You're really struggling to keep that glass half full, but I admire that you do!

There but for the grace of God

STEWIEG

It could be worse, they don't take anyone's jobs or housing and they … It could be worse, they don't take anyone's jobs or housing and they eventually go away. In fact they are in the business of creating jobs - for the police, council workers etc.:)

Too right . The merest mention of a travellers camp setting up will have social workers , benefits advisors and council officials chomping at the bit to help , arranging meetings , organising free drop in sessions for travellers suffering from dyslexia or adhd etc .Will keep them in a job for years.

plodging

Too right . The merest mention of a travellers camp setting up will have … Too right . The merest mention of a travellers camp setting up will have social workers , benefits advisors and council officials chomping at the bit to help , arranging meetings , organising free drop in sessions for travellers suffering from dyslexia or adhd etc .Will keep them in a job for years.

If only that were true. Life expectancy for a male member of the travelling community, in Ireland at least, is 15 years less than the general population, at 1940s levels.

STEWIEG

Wow, that's certainly one way of looking at it.
Criminals are doing the society good by keeping the police force in a job...

Rom

If only that were true. Life expectancy for a male member of the … If only that were true. Life expectancy for a male member of the travelling community, in Ireland at least, is 15 years less than the general population, at 1940s levels.

​have you worked out why?

shadey12

​have you worked out why?

"The study noted that Travellers in general, but particularly male Travellers, continue to have higher rates of mortality for all causes of death. Furthermore, suicide rates are almost seven times higher among Traveller men compared with men in the general population."

Google is your friend btw
Edited by: "Cr0m" 1st Mar

Rom

"The study noted that Travellers in general, but particularly male … "The study noted that Travellers in general, but particularly male Travellers, continue to have higher rates of mortality for all causes of death. Furthermore, suicide rates are almost seven times higher among Traveller men compared with men in the general population."Google is your friend btw

​you were making the statement, so I was just asking if you had worked out why.
I was wanting your opinion rather than a statistic.

I hope they camp round all those snotty gits moaning about slumboats.

For anyone who doesn't know we are getting increased amounts of blocks of tiny over priced flats (they like to call them luxury apartments) along the rivers ruining the view of it really, not only are they a blight on the skyline along the Thames, Brent, Grand union etc but the snooty rich people who move into them then start complaining about the state of the boats.

Now there's a lot of people living along the river and canals, these are people trying to get by and just living their lives, most of them dont have luxury yachts or perfectly maintained traditional narrow boats, they have plan painted well used slightly manky looking narrow boats, old refitted barges and some even have very small boats and pitch a tent by the side of it at night.

Serves the toffs right if they got a load of caravans in their car park for moving in and having the audacity to think the rivers of London are just there to be something pretty for them to look at

Smoke them out like wasps.

shadey12

​you were making the statement, so I was just asking if you had worked o … ​you were making the statement, so I was just asking if you had worked out why.I was wanting your opinion rather than a statistic.

I don't know why they don't settle down, there have been many attempts to help them too. It's their culture. Their choice of lifestyle and being persecuted I would guess are the major contributing factors.

Original Poster

They are making money and lots of it moving from site to site. They pick up waste without a waste disposal licence for cash and dump it on route or flytip it where they currently are....once the site is full they move on. Hence why they dont settle...they have latest plate vans and top of the range caravans. Think i need to invest in one !

ndam11

They are making money and lots of it moving from site to site. They pick … They are making money and lots of it moving from site to site. They pick up waste without a waste disposal licence for cash and dump it on route or flytip it where they currently are....once the site is full they move on. Hence why they dont settle...they have latest plate vans and top of the range caravans. Think i need to invest in one !

You think they have latest plate cars/vans and top of the range caravans because theyve paid for them?

stuarthanley

Smoke them out like wasps.

This is a traveling community friendly site aswell stuart, please show them a little more compassion and humanity. I'm pretty sure you were raised well my friend and you must try to defeat the inner demons that have plagued your fragile mind and left you wanting, exposed and angry. We're her for you stuart, reach out and we wont deny you my friend. Peace in Allah's heart is waiting for you.

CookinBat

This is a traveling community friendly site aswell stuart, please show … This is a traveling community friendly site aswell stuart, please show them a little more compassion and humanity. I'm pretty sure you were raised well my friend and you must try to defeat the inner demons that have plagued your fragile mind and left you wanting, exposed and angry. We're her for you stuart, reach out and we wont deny you my friend. Peace in Allah's heart is waiting for you.

That was showing them compassion. Fire is far more effective.

Stick them on a boat back to Ireland and the English ones on the ferry to the isle of white.

Sounds like Romanian gypsies.
We had an infestation recently where they occupied the car park of a factory and it looked like a mini city. Council came and kicked them out. The rascals left behind a lot of rubbish
Edited by: "zworld" 1st Mar

stuarthanley

That was showing them compassion. Fire is far more effective.

Oh dear, it's worse than i thought. Dont be that man stuey.

CookinBat

Oh dear, it's worse than i thought. Dont be that man stuey.

Why not invite the travellers to pitch up on your back yard if you care so dearly.

shauneco

Why not invite the travellers to pitch up on your back yard if you care … Why not invite the travellers to pitch up on your back yard if you care so dearly.

It's travelers shaun. I don't really object to them like you may as i've never experienced a problem with them myself. They're just trying to earn a living like everyone else most of them i'm sure are fairly decent people. Did you not watch them on that tv series? The kids were charming, polite and well mannered, the teenagers wern't at all promiscuous and many that wed were, are, virgins. Can we in our little bubbles really claim superiority? I think you know the answer to that shaun.

Anyone who refuses to follow laws we all follow should be viewed as lawbreakers and treated accordingly.

They do not care about the rest of society so I do not accept claims of prejudice and "racism"(?)

The one section of society I have little empathy for.

Banned

dtovey89

Anyone who refuses to follow laws we all follow should be viewed as … Anyone who refuses to follow laws we all follow should be viewed as lawbreakers and treated accordingly.

Sorry, I am up for rebellion as & when laws are passed at the detriment of the lower or middle class mass majority.

& just to accept stupid laws passed with the intention to control by means of oppression is simply ridiculous.

There have & will be laws overturned by civil unrest & lawbreaking & so it should & will continue.

dtovey89

Anyone who refuses to follow laws we all follow should be viewed as … Anyone who refuses to follow laws we all follow should be viewed as lawbreakers and treated accordingly. They do not care about the rest of society so I do not accept claims of prejudice and "racism"(?) The one section of society I have little empathy for.

​you say that now, but what will you do when you want an elderly neighbour/relative relieving of a few quid, a local beauty spot/park wrecking, a bit of tarmac laying thinner than a coat of emulsion, settee made of highly flammable materials.
who else would you be able to turn to.

Banned

shadey12

​you say that now, but what will you do when you want an elderly n … ​you say that now, but what will you do when you want an elderly neighbour/relative relieving of a few quid, a local beauty spot/park wrecking, a bit of tarmac laying thinner than a coat of emulsion, settee made of highly flammable materials.who else would you be able to turn to.

Or when petrol prices are going through the roof & the only people prepared to do anything about it are a load of truckers quite willing to break the law rather than to just sit there moaning.

If it wasnt for them we would be paying another 20-30p per gallon right now for sure.

CookinBat

It's travelers shaun. I don't really object to them like you may as i've … It's travelers shaun. I don't really object to them like you may as i've never experienced a problem with them myself. They're just trying to earn a living like everyone else most of them i'm sure are fairly decent people. Did you not watch them on that tv series? The kids were charming, polite and well mannered, the teenagers wern't at all promiscuous and many that wed were, are, virgins. Can we in our little bubbles really claim superiority? I think you know the answer to that shaun.

"It's travelers shaun"

Funny but travellers seem to disagree - but you tell 'em eh.

gypsy-traveller.org/res…us/

YouDontWantToKnow

Or when petrol prices are going through the roof & the only people … Or when petrol prices are going through the roof & the only people prepared to do anything about it are a load of truckers quite willing to break the law rather than to just sit there moaning. If it wasnt for them we would be paying another 20-30p per gallon right now for sure.

You can't compare "truckers" striking to gypsies destroying neighborhoods and stealing anything they can get their hands on.

YouDontWantToKnow

Sorry, I am up for rebellion as & when laws are passed at the detriment … Sorry, I am up for rebellion as & when laws are passed at the detriment of the lower or middle class mass majority. & just to accept stupid laws passed with the intention to control by means of oppression is simply ridiculous.There have & will be laws overturned by civil unrest & lawbreaking & so it should & will continue.

Gypsies already get off with enough.
Maybe when you have an encounter with them your view will change.

Banned

dtovey89

Maybe when you have an encounter with them your view will change.

Yeah right. I have squared up to one at a wake.. Try that one.

& also caught one out trying to defraud... Next.

Banned

dtovey89

You can't compare "truckers" striking to gypsies destroying neighborhoods … You can't compare "truckers" striking to gypsies destroying neighborhoods and stealing anything they can get their hands on.

you said "Anyone who refuses to follow laws we all follow should be viewed as lawbreakers and treated accordingly."

you pick & chose your lawbreakers. Aka a bit prejudice

YouDontWantToKnow

Yeah right. I have squared up to one at a wake.. Try that one. & also … Yeah right. I have squared up to one at a wake.. Try that one. & also caught one out trying to defraud... Next.

That sounds classy. Fighting at a wake? Nice.
Also you should then understand the scamming element isn't an isolated incident.

YouDontWantToKnow

you said "Anyone who refuses to follow laws we all follow should be … you said "Anyone who refuses to follow laws we all follow should be viewed as lawbreakers and treated accordingly."you pick & chose your lawbreakers. Aka a bit prejudice

Amendment:
Any social group who constantly and consistently ignore numerous laws should not be let off just because they play the racist card.

Feel free to follow your traditions but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. If you wish others to respect you then treat others how you would like to be treated.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47382
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions