Great song to start the weekend with

m.youtube.com/wat…luQ
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

28 Comments
deleted1781224/01/2020 21:48

[Video]

Not a fan of the beginning on that video that’s why I linked the audio version.
myusernamehasgone23424/01/2020 21:51

Not a fan of the beginning on that video that’s why I linked the audio v …Not a fan of the beginning on that video that’s why I linked the audio version.

When you said "it’s currently no1", which Chart were you referring to? Somewhere outside the UK, a Download Chart, or something/somewhere else?

It is currently number 4 in the UK Single Chart:

[ officialcharts.com/cha…rt/ ]

It has, however, been "top of the popular hit parade" in other countries.
deleted1781224/01/2020 21:58

When you said "it’s currently no1", which Chart were you referring to? S …When you said "it’s currently no1", which Chart were you referring to? Somewhere outside the UK, a Download Chart, or something/somewhere else?It is currently number 4 in the UK Single Chart:[ https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/ ]It has, however, been "top of the popular hit parade" in other countries.

google.co.uk/amp…-1/

39755428-RSBHR.jpgMy mistake the radio keeps saying no1 single perhaps it has previously been no1 and is not currently no1

either way fab song
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 24th Jan
That's not how you spell Weekend.
jayhutton1024/01/2020 22:15

I thought it was weekend in fairness only realised today it’s weeknd when finding the YouTube video.

myusernamehasgone23424/01/2020 22:20

I thought it was weekend in fairness only realised today it’s weeknd when f …I thought it was weekend in fairness only realised today it’s weeknd when finding the YouTube video.

I honestly have no idea who it is
jayhutton1024/01/2020 22:24

I honestly have no idea who it is

He’s had some pretty big hits

Can’t feel my face

The Hills have eyes

Earned it

This new blinding light is my favourite though
myusernamehasgone23424/01/2020 22:27

He’s had some pretty big hits Can’t feel my face The Hills have eyesEarned …He’s had some pretty big hits Can’t feel my face The Hills have eyesEarned itThis new blinding light is my favourite though

I'll take your word for it, too slow for me
Yes I love this song it reminds me of something from the 80s x
https://shopuk.theweeknd.com/*/*/BLINDING-LIGHTS-CD-CASSETTE-BUNDLE/6CZJ0000000
To me it sounds like they are going for an 80s sound, but produced by people who were never actually around at the time or old enough to recall what decent music sounded like in the 80s.

Whilst we’re at it, that Bumblebee movie was on Sky the other day, they were going for an 80s feel too - the whole feel and soundtrack was completely off, a complete mishmash, tracks from the early 80s, late 80s and dare I say it 90s too, but looked like it was being filmed in Seaton Carew in 2008, Anyone that’s been there will know what I mean by that. Who the hell is this stuff aimed at?

It’s late but this kind of thing grates on my nerves, unless they’re going to do it properly they need to leave the 80s feel alone.
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 24th Jan
deleted1781224/01/2020 21:58

When you said "it’s currently no1", which Chart were you referring to? S …When you said "it’s currently no1", which Chart were you referring to? Somewhere outside the UK, a Download Chart, or something/somewhere else?It is currently number 4 in the UK Single Chart:[ https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/ ]It has, however, been "top of the popular hit parade" in other countries.

myusernamehasgone23424/01/2020 22:10

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.bigtop40.com/news/the-weeknd-blinding-lights-number-1/[Image] My mistake the radio keeps saying no1 single perhaps it has previously been no1 and is not currently no1 either way fab song

39756401-V5hlG.jpg
Checking the date you created this thread & the date of the article you linked to above may explain the problem.
fanpages25/01/2020 00:17

[Image] Checking the date you created this thread & the date of the …[Image] Checking the date you created this thread & the date of the article you linked to above may explain the problem.

Yes I said I made a mistake it’s not currently no1 but has been.

The threads discussion was more focused on I really this song, sharing it with others to hopefully enjoy and getting opinions rather than have you heard the current no1.

Sorry it’s a problem to you, it seem very trivial to me after the day I had had, but I will bare in mind in future to do a bit more research before posting.

Nothing gets pass you and your encyclopaedic knowledge of HUKD’s as well as most other things.

I’ve got a lot of admiration for you @fanpages I’m always impressed by your amazing HUKD recall for previous deals & discussions.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 25th Jan
joeydeacon24/01/2020 23:23

To me it sounds like they are going for an 80s sound, but produced by …To me it sounds like they are going for an 80s sound, but produced by people who were never actually around at the time or old enough to recall what decent music sounded like in the 80s.Whilst we’re at it, that Bumblebee movie was on Sky the other day, they were going for an 80s feel too - the whole feel and soundtrack was completely off, a complete mishmash, tracks from the early 80s, late 80s and dare I say it 90s too, but looked like it was being filmed in Seaton Carew in 2008, Anyone that’s been there will know what I mean by that. Who the hell is this stuff aimed at?It’s late but this kind of thing grates on my nerves, unless they’re going to do it properly they need to leave the 80s feel alone.

I loved music in the 80’s and just feel a bit of nostalgia from this.
parisp24/01/2020 22:48

Yes I love this song it reminds me of something from the 80s x

I think that’s why I like it so much.
myusernamehasgone23425/01/2020 03:05

...I’m always impressed by your amazing HUKD recall for previous deals & d …...I’m always impressed by your amazing HUKD recall for previous deals & discussions.

I have had so many comments removed, had a suspension for a day, & been threatened with a ban this week from the Administration team, but sorry you have had a bad day.

At least you've got The Weeknd ahead.
deleted1781225/01/2020 03:20

I have had so many comments removed, had a suspension for a day, & been …I have had so many comments removed, had a suspension for a day, & been threatened with a ban this week from the Administration team, but sorry you have had a bad day. At least you've got The Weeknd ahead.

Thanks my issues weren’t HUKD’s related.

Yes definitely looking forward to weekend.

I had noticed the suspension icon while you were away as I was scrolling through the John Lewis thread and was quite surprised

Its good to see you back though
I don't like it.

I like a lot of his songs. This is not one of them.
If you want an 80s vibe, try
MadeDixonsCry25/01/2020 16:26

I don't like it. I like a lot of his songs. This is not one of them. If …I don't like it. I like a lot of his songs. This is not one of them. If you want an 80s vibe, try [Video]

Thanks for the link and suggestion

But a bitslow for me that one.
deleted1781225/01/2020 00:17

[Image] Checking the date you created this thread & the date of the …[Image] Checking the date you created this thread & the date of the article you linked to above may explain the problem.

Just heard this one the radio again was listening to capital it is number 1 this week

bigtop40.com/cha…/3/

You were making me question my own sanity.
deleted1781225/01/2020 00:17

myusernamehasgone23425/01/2020 17:45

Just heard this one the radio again was listening to capital it is number …Just heard this one the radio again was listening to capital it is number 1 this weekhttps://www.bigtop40.com/charts/2020/3/You were making me question my own sanity.

The Official Big Top 40 that you are quoting is compiled from the figures for streaming, downloads, & commercial radio airplay, but this airplay is limited to just the Global Media & Entertainment Radio/Digital network (Capital, Capital XTRA, Classic FM, Gold, Heart, LBC, LBC News, Radio X, Smooth, & various digital-only stations). Hence, this is why, if you listen to Capital, you are hearing a different Top 40 to the rest of the UK.

The Official Singles Chart (that the rest of the UK industry uses) is compiled from physical sales, (paid-for) downloads, & streaming across the UK.

To date, Weeknd's "Blinding Lights" has never been at the top of the Official Singles Chart. It has only reached number 4.
They didn't have autotune in the 80s.
deleted1781225/01/2020 18:03

The Official Big Top 40 that you are quoting is compiled from the figures …The Official Big Top 40 that you are quoting is compiled from the figures for streaming, downloads, & commercial radio airplay, but this airplay is limited to just the Global Media & Entertainment Radio/Digital network (Capital, Capital XTRA, Classic FM, Gold, Heart, LBC, LBC News, Radio X, Smooth, & various digital-only stations). Hence, this is why, if you listen to Capital, you are hearing a different Top 40 to the rest of the UK.The Official Singles Chart (that the rest of the UK industry uses) is compiled from physical sales, (paid-for) downloads, & streaming across the UK.To date, Weeknd's "Blinding Lights" has never been at the top of the Official Singles Chart. It has only reached number 4.

That explains it then.
youtube.com/wat…OSQ

Much better video even though it uses footage from his Heartless video.
Edited by: "Jumpingphil" 27th Jan
Jumpingphil27/01/2020 03:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozSQPSnQOSQMuch better video even though …https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozSQPSnQOSQMuch better video even though it uses footage from his Heartless video.

Thanks for that link
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants