Groups

The weirdest thing about tablets I have ever heard??!!

I was speaking to a customer of mine, and he had some tablets on a large 9V battery. When I asked about why he was doing this he told me that a pharmacist friend he had said that the newest machinery that makes tablets these days has to be earthed. Leaving the tablets without any positive charge. Therefore charging the tablet can make it more effective??!!

Now I have done a little googling, and I cant come up with anything, can anyone shed some light on this or is this guy round the bend? He seemed very serious.

47 Comments

Think somebody is having you on mate!

did your friend also ask you to go buy him a pound of clitoris allsorts?

Hahahaha fool!

bossyboots;8639735

did your friend also ask you to go buy him a pound of clitoris allsorts?

Actually LOL!

Sounds like a bundle of fun for my tongue though!

was it me?

Original Poster

Let me tell you lot before I get slated, I do not believe this one bit, but the guy was 100% serious. Not a friend, a customer. It is interesting though!

raptorcigs;8639756

was it me?

nice location, see post 3:)

skusey;8639772

nice location, see post 3:)

:giggle:

aircanman;8639765

Let me tell you lot before I get slated, I do not believe this one bit, … Let me tell you lot before I get slated, I do not believe this one bit, but the guy was 100% serious. !

of course you dont - thats why u posted up this thread :whistling:

aircanman;8639765

Let me tell you lot before I get slated, I do not believe this one bit, … Let me tell you lot before I get slated, I do not believe this one bit, but the guy was 100% serious. Not a friend, a customer. It is interesting though!

Did he go into the pharmacy to pick up his crazy pills by any chance?

Banned

:lol: At least you get a spot on epic thread lists. Tablets are not metalic so would not keep a charge. And you can't change somethings charge anyway, unless its an ion

Original Poster

bossyboots;8639788

of course you dont - thats why u posted up this thread :whistling:

So just because I have an interest in something someone was so sure about, makes me a believer?? WTF.COM - U lot are a pain in the ass.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/622/lolwutxa.jpg

aircanman;8639813

So just because I have an interest in something someone was so sure … So just because I have an interest in something someone was so sure about, makes me a believer?? WTF.COM - U lot are a pain in the ass.

calm down, take a chill pill, preferably one thats been earthed.:)

Original Poster

ryman1000;8639800

:lol: At least you get a spot on epic thread lists. Tablets are not … :lol: At least you get a spot on epic thread lists. Tablets are not metalic so would not keep a charge. And you can't change somethings charge anyway, unless its an ion

Half a decent reply, I am sure anything can hold a charge can't it? - It doesn't seem 100% off the rails if you think about it does it?

Original Poster

skusey;8639827

calm down, take a chill pill, preferably one thats been earthed.:)

I am 100% calm, I am just stating the obvious, the HotUkDealers (the regulars) are a pain in the ass.

Banned

aircanman;8639828

Half a decent reply, I am sure anything can hold a charge can't it? - It … Half a decent reply, I am sure anything can hold a charge can't it? - It doesn't seem 100% off the rails if you think about it does it?

No. You can only pass electricity through a metallic object. Pills might have iron in them but not enough to hold a charge at all or for very long. To change it's charge you would need to ionise it which involves using a bit more than a battery. You've been had mate :thumbsup:

aircanman;8639833

I am 100% calm, I am just stating the obvious, the HotUkDealers (the … I am 100% calm, I am just stating the obvious, the HotUkDealers (the regulars) are a pain in the ass.

no Homo?:whistling:

Original Poster

Lol, I havent been had, I have been told, and was thinking thats all. Wondering!! Pondering!! Thinking!! How many more words do I need to add here.

aircanman;8639833

I am 100% calm, I am just stating the obvious, the HotUkDealers (the … I am 100% calm, I am just stating the obvious, the HotUkDealers (the regulars) are a pain in the ass.

Cheers...not being a pain, just no sense really. I honestly thought your thread was a wind up! :w00t:
    aircanman;8639828

Half a decent reply, I am sure anything can hold a charge can't it? - It … Half a decent reply, I am sure anything can hold a charge can't it? - It doesn't seem 100% off the rails if you think about it does it?

I hope do dear god (not God) that statement isn't true...heard of a neutron? If that held a charge our lives would be very different...ie non-existence probably!

aircanman;8639813

So just because I have an interest in something someone was so sure … So just because I have an interest in something someone was so sure about, makes me a believer?? WTF.COM - U lot are a pain in the ass.

[IMG]i789.photobucket.com/alb…jpg?t=1274219401[/IMG]

skusey;8639871

no Homo?:whistling:

Wasn't tagged no homo, thus must be homo :w00t:

bossyboots;8639895

[IMG]http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy171/bossybootsmgt/child_crying-11-1.jpg?t=1274219401[/IMG]

Don't cry, have a :

http://overheardinthesacristy.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/lollipop.jpg

aircanman;8639887

Lol, I havent been had, I have been told, and was thinking thats all. … Lol, I havent been had, I have been told, and was thinking thats all. Wondering!! Pondering!! Thinking!! How many more words do I need to add here.

insane!! Gullible!! Plonker!!

He was right about the machinery being earthed, but charging the tablets!?

awoodhall2003;8639900

Don't cry, have a :

:lol::lol:

skusey;8639901

insane!! Gullible!! Plonker!!

:-D and a few others - but ..............................................:-D

Goonieman;8639903

He was right about the machinery being earthed, but charging the tablets!?

I dont pay for mine:)

Banned

The OP just asked a question. Why all the hate ? No name that picture wasn't funny the first time you used it and it still isn't funny now :roll:

ryman1000;8639915

The OP just asked a question. Why all the hate ? No name that picture … The OP just asked a question. Why all the hate ? No name that picture wasn't funny the first time you used it and it still isn't funny now :rolling:

wonder who that is...you seem to have h4te for me brah, get over yourself

This is a very funny thread, but this aint true:

ryman1000;8639868

No. You can only pass electricity through a metallic object. Pills might … No. You can only pass electricity through a metallic object. Pills might have iron in them but not enough to hold a charge at all or for very long. To change it's charge you would need to ionise it which involves using a bit more than a battery.

Thats pretty much 100% untrue. Electricity will pass through many non-metallic things for a start - don't believe me? Have a bath and drop a toaster in it. Charge isn't stored in conductors - its stored between conductors. Or of course stored via chemical storage as in a battery/cell. So whilst the idea of a pill being charged is of course nonsense, in principle it is possible.

numptyj;8639936

bloody confused.com with this fred:?

ryman1000;8639915

The OP just asked a question. Why all the hate ? No name that picture … The OP just asked a question. Why all the hate ? No name that picture wasn't funny the first time you used it and it still isn't funny now :roll:

you need to take a pill that has been charged on a 9v battery

Banned

numptyj;8639936

Because I said one of your posts wasn't funny ?

Get over yourself

HUKD folk (excuse the pun) seem to go on the offensive when someone has a different opinion to them.

ryman1000;8639972

HUKD folk (excuse the pun) seem to go on the offensive when someone has a … HUKD folk (excuse the pun) seem to go on the offensive when someone has a different opinion to them.

uch, we are just having a wee laugh :thumbsup:

Banned

jah128;8639948

This is a very thread, but this aint true:Thats pretty much 100% untrue. … This is a very thread, but this aint true:Thats pretty much 100% untrue. Electricity will pass through many non-metallic things for a start - don't believe me? Have a bath and drop a toaster in it. Charge isn't stored in conductors - its stored between conductors in insulators.

Pure water will not conduct electricity. It must have impurities like sodium ions, meaning it is still metallic. I said if the pills had things like iron it would conduct electricity but wouldn't hold a charge for long or at all. So you are 100% wrong

conductors in insulators

Do you even know what this means or did you just google it ?

Banned

bossyboots;8639986

uch, we are just having a wee laugh :thumbsup:

On reflection, hands up, I was a little too serious :thumbsup:
    I blame Gordon Brown.

ryman1000;8639998

Pure water will not conduct electricity.

It will, it has self-ionising properties, but that is hardly the point. Regular tap-water is certainly not a 'metallic object', neither is air, nor silicon, nor graphite etc etc.

I doubt know why but this isn't the first time I have heard/read this lol

:

ryman1000;8640022

On reflection, hands up, I was a little too serious :thumbsup:I blame … On reflection, hands up, I was a little too serious :thumbsup:I blame David Cameron.

Oh me too btw :prop:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846148

See more discussions