Groups

The White House Has Released A Plan To Deal With An Asteroid Impact

Banned
    Personally I would just ask for them to tell me the truth & I can get a deckchair out with a pair of sunglasses

"One day, we are probably going to be faced with a killer asteroid heading our way, threatening to cause major damage to the planet. The odds just aren’t in our favor.

To prepare for such a day, the White House released its Near-Earth Object Preparedness Strategy on December 30, 2016. It details how to stop such a disaster ever occurring, and how to act if worst comes to worst, and we are hit by a large asteroid.

Such events are not unprecedented. Of course, the dinosaurs were wiped out by an asteroid 10 kilometers (6 miles) wide, but many smaller ones hit Earth every day. Most go unnoticed, but some – like the Chelyabinsk meteor over Russia in 2013 – can cause considerable damage.

There are several institutions set up to track these asteroids – such as NASA’s Planetary Defense Coordination Office (PDCO) – but most agree we are not doing enough. We know of thousands of near-Earth asteroids, but more than two-thirds remain undetected.

This new report is by a group that was set up in January 2016 by NASA called Detecting and Mitigating the Impact of Earth-bound Near-Earth objects (DAMIEN). The report recommends enhancing levels of detection asteroids and tracking them, in order to prevent an impact scenario in the future."

24 Comments

More nasa nonsense.

Original Poster Banned

cowsindahouse

More nasa nonsense.

Nasa doesnt scan the universe they just judge the data & probability supplied by those that do

You could always take your deckchair to Paris ?
    http://timespentwasted.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/gfs1pB.gif

Sound like a bad title for another disaster movie.

Some excuse to put weapons in space ultimately.

Original Poster Banned

Vanderlust

Some excuse to put weapons in space ultimately.

The USA have been trying that since Reagan & his Star Wars idea

In the over all scheme of things at present with all the wars and terrorist attrocities going on, an asteroid is probably one of the last things we should be worrying about.

Original Poster Banned

Dyslexic_Dog

In the over all scheme of things at present with all the wars and … In the over all scheme of things at present with all the wars and terrorist attrocities going on, an asteroid is probably one of the last things we should be worrying about.

Or looking forward too. Nothing like a good fireworks display to take your mind off of things

The question really is, where in the world would you like it to hit?

The Middle East
    North Korea
    Iran
    Russia
    China
    Milton Keynes

Original Poster Banned

coathanger

The question really is, where in the world would you like it to hit?The … The question really is, where in the world would you like it to hit?The Middle EastNorth KoreaIranRussiaChinaMilton Keynes

Cornwall..... For the UK surfing

the white house has released a plan to deal with an asteroid impact with earth? even though the scientists are undecided how is best way to do it lol. awful nice and reassuring of the white house lol.
    personally let it hit, and start a fresh :-)

YouDontWantToKnow

press here for Armageddon

Also the basis of the story within the most recently-aired episode of "Elementary" (within the UK), Season 5 Episode 4 ("Henny Penny the Sky Is Falling").

Additionally sounds like the movie "Batman in Space"...

http://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/armageddon.jpg

Are you getting it? Armageddon it.

Original Poster Banned

fanpages

Also the basis of the story within the most recently-aired episode of … Also the basis of the story within the most recently-aired episode of "Elementary" (within the UK), Season 5 Episode 4 ("Henny Penny the Sky Is Falling").Additionally sounds like the movie "Batman in Space"...Are you getting it? Armageddon it.

Liv Tyler is fit

Do you get it ?

fanpages

YouDontWantToKnow

Liv Tyler is fit Do you get it ?

Who is that guy that looks like Bruce Willis with hair?

Ah... it's Michael Clarke Duncan!

Original Poster Banned

fanpages

YouDontWantToKnow

Liv Tyler is fit Do you get it ?

Well I would rather she looked like Michael in later years rather than her dad

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/949990-3x2-940x627.jpg
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 7th Jan

YouDontWantToKnow

Well I would rather she looked like Michael in later years rather than … Well I would rather she looked like Michael in later years rather than her dad

What if she starts looking like one of her half-siblings; Mia, or Chelsea (or, even, Taj)?

Also, does Liv have her Dad's vocal talents?

[ youtube.com/wat…uMQ ]

coathanger

The question really is, where in the world would you like it to hit?The … The question really is, where in the world would you like it to hit?The Middle EastNorth KoreaIranRussiaChinaMilton Keynes

Reminded me of this

[img]cdn.liveleak.com/802…jpg?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bddf954a4cd8de83bf&ec_rate=230[/img]

Original Poster Banned

airfix

Reminded me of this … Reminded me of this [img]https://cdn.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a_s/2017/Jan/6/LiveLeak-dot-com-00e_1483737187-nuclear_1483737189.jpg.resized.jpg?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bddf954a4cd8de83bf&ec_rate=230[/img]

Where do you live Airfix? I will ask them to divert any Asteroid to your house.

YouDontWantToKnow

Where do you live Airfix? I will ask them to divert any Asteroid to your … Where do you live Airfix? I will ask them to divert any Asteroid to your house.

I'm in Pakistan, send a big one!!

There's been doomsday stories like this every year and since after 2013 I've somehow managed to avoid being affected by them, until this happens. I'm slightly anxious. Oh well, if it actually comes this time round, we die and I can't do much to stop that. lol

If it's a Whitehouse plan, it'll be very short and very predictable. Blame Putin!

qbs

If it's a Whitehouse plan, it'll be very short and very predictable. … If it's a Whitehouse plan, it'll be very short and very predictable. Blame Putin!

http://definitionmedia.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/PAUL-WHITEHOUSE.jpg

"Brilliant!"

qbs

If it's a Whitehouse plan, it'll be very short and very predictable. … If it's a Whitehouse plan, it'll be very short and very predictable. Blame Putin!

​yeah hahahaha why does he always get the blame, he seems a lovely bloke.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      3. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111

See more discussions