The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Xbox One X patch is live

Found 21st Dec 2017
Apologies for the slight delay on this news, I actually meant to share it yesterday.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Xbox One X patch has gone live and it looks beautiful. Here's the patch details...

2861191.jpg

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has just received an upgrade patch for Xbox One X enhancing the game to take advantage of the additional power offered by the console. Similar patch for PS4™ Pro has been released a few weeks ago.

The Xbox One X upgrade patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt introduces a number of graphical features and tweaks to the game across two visual fidelity options — 4K Mode and Performance Mode.

In 4K Mode the game will run in 4K resolution (or supersampled on a non-4K display) with stable 30fps gameplay, whereas Performance Mode enables dynamic resolution scaling (from 1080p up to 4K) while targeting 60 fps during gameplay. Both modes support HDR.

To switch between these modes you need to access Options > Display.

2861191.jpg

In the Advanced section you will be able to choose between 4K Mode and Performance Mode:

2861191.jpg

2861191.jpg

An upgrade patch introducing HDR support will soon be released for the PS4™ Pro console as well.

List of changes for Xbox One X:
  • 2 new graphic modes: 4K Mode and Performance Mode
  • support for 4K resolution
  • HDR support
  • enhanced shadows, ambient occlusion and texture filtering
  • higher resolutions textures
  • dynamic resolution scaling (from 1080p to 4K)
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
deleted800342
Cold for not sharing it yesterday
deleted80034221st Dec 2017

Cold for not sharing it yesterday

It's the least I deserve, Dex
Currently downloading the patch, ive played about 2 hrs total since release... i just couldnt get into it but gonna give it another shot now
They need to do this in every Xbox one x patch and give the option
Snakeyes64643 m ago

Currently downloading the patch, ive played about 2 hrs total since …Currently downloading the patch, ive played about 2 hrs total since release... i just couldnt get into it but gonna give it another shot now

It does take a while to get into it but it is one of the finest RPGs ever made. The DLC is also outstanding.

Plus don't forget to play Gwent
BuzzDuraband57 m ago

It's the least I deserve, Dex

I'll give you props for sharing anything at all.

Keep it up!
Andy@XCite30 m ago

It does take a while to get into it but it is one of the finest RPGs ever …It does take a while to get into it but it is one of the finest RPGs ever made. The DLC is also outstanding.Plus don't forget to play Gwent

tried gwent also, never been into card games such as hearthstone despite liking most blizzard games.
Which mode is better on the Xbox one x. 4k mode or performance mode?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants