Groups
    EXPIRED

The Youth of Today and ASBO's

"Some of the friends are left out now because they are not on an Asbo," said the mother of three young men who were all on Asbos.

"I know a boy that is hell-bent on getting an Asbo because he feels left out."

For more of this click here

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stmnews.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

What happened to going cycling in the woods or playing footy in the street, or even just playing computer games?

27 Comments

Im only 22 (in 2 days wooohoo!)
    But, its bloody terrible - i heard this on the radio this morning, its shocking really shocking.
    I never did anything naughty really when i was little, i wouldnt dare as i knew what id get if i did!

i just cant belive how stupid "some" kids are. makes me really worried about the future!!!:thinking:

There seems to loads in Manchester and plus it was named as one of the 10 worst places to live, whoa didnt know it was that bad, my 4 years at uni there was brill. Good thing i dont live there no more then shame my girl does though.

FonZe

i just cant belive how stupid "some" kids are. makes me really worried … i just cant belive how stupid "some" kids are. makes me really worried about the future!!!:thinking:

I know what you mean fonZe, i have two young boys and i often wonder how it will be when they are older. I just hope that as they get older i can guide them in the right direction.

Disgusting trend among too many parents now that don;t bother to guide i think is the problem, and feel the kids are there to benefit from and not to nouriush and bring up believing the system owes them and expect the system to bring up their kids for them.

Sterilise all chavs, youth offenders, multiple offenders tbh, simple.

Sterilise all chavs, youth offenders, multiple offenders tbh, simple.[/QUOTE]

Bring back national service!!

]http//ne…rss
    & highest teenage pregnancy rates
    & highest alcoholic and binge drinking rates that noone dares criticise

The media is happy to attack the youth (low disposable income and basically non-voters make them not as important) but not the 25+ generation who don't exactly help enforce social responsibility and common decency, allowing the gov to provide more rights for the criminal than for the victim. /rant

BECKYBOO

I know what you mean fonZe, i have two young boys and i often wonder how … I know what you mean fonZe, i have two young boys and i often wonder how it will be when they are older. I just hope that as they get older i can guide them in the right direction.

Yeah exactly the same here!
    A clip round the ear never did me any harm, i just dont want my boy turning into a criminal/yob/bully!
    It actually really frightens me about the crowd he could fall in with.

But, im not one of those parents who are blind, i hate those parents who to be fair dont give a crap what there kids do.

joshanna it's not even that the parents are blind most of the parents are aware of how their children are behaving, and some parents behave just as bad as their children. Its just a vicious circle.

Yeah, what i actually meant by blind is, they turn a blind eye, they simply dont care what there kids do!
    I dunno, maybe i just expect too much - but i was brought up properly, and have some values!
    But, one thing i cant stand is kids without manners - it costs nothing!

I had a friend who was a teacher in a very run down horrible area school, every day he'd moan about the school but more about the management, how management, deputy heads and the headmaster were far far far more interested in keep the parents happy, and thus the LEA/school board in good stead with everyone else rather than HELPING THE CHILDREN.

Kids barely able to speak english, refusing to listen to the teacher cos they were female (sexist kids cos of backward cultured parents), easy to blame foreigners there but they're a fraction of the problem, mostly it's typical white trash parents with zero respect for any kind of authority or discipline so BeccyBoo is correct, if the parents have no decency, neither will the children, and they would probably be grateful for their kids to be taken off their hands so long as they got the benefits, and could work illegally.
    (1 family 5 kids in school, all on vouchers for meals, kids boasting about their benefits from Gov. etc but both parents drove brand new Mercedes Benz and gloated about their materialism, as did the kids).

Now the headmaster refused to ever ever ever criticise the children, everything had to have a positive spin on it, why? Cos they didn't want complaints from parents which could upset their terribly fragile stead with the LEA/Board/Council etc. Result: No kid ever had their problems dealt with, parents got away with murder, kids remain ignorant, uneducated, undiciplined and basically thugs.

Btw, I'm in my mid 20's, and while I wasn't a fan of the thatcher years, this grostesque culture now of protecting kids from anything will turn the UK into chaos.

I feel like such an old man

Joshanna

Yeah, what i actually meant by blind is, they turn a blind eye, they … Yeah, what i actually meant by blind is, they turn a blind eye, they simply dont care what there kids do!I dunno, maybe i just expect too much - but i was brought up properly, and have some values!But, one thing i cant stand is kids without manners - it costs nothing!

Agreed!!:thumbsup:

Becky, take a look at the thread i just made, im sure youve been there a few times!

BECKYBOO

Sterilise all chavs, youth offenders, multiple offenders tbh, simple.

BECKYBOO

Bring back national service!!

I’m not sure I would want the likes of these kids protecting our national integrity. But the thing is im not sure what the resolution is!!! Are we too late?

The thing is, that at present these families’s (you can’t just blame the kids although I like too!!!) have no respect, no morality and no discipline. The parents are breading families of these, and they all pretty much have the same attitude...”The state owes me something”

I for one didn’t get where I am now in life with this attitude (not that im saying im a multimillionaire) I live a comfortable and happy life. And how did I get where I am. Well it’s easy, respect for my parents, knowing the difference between right and wrong and wanting something better for myself.

So what’s the solution???, well….this is my thought, obviously and looking at it a number of other people think it as well. Maybe screening before you can procreate? I.e., are you able to support this child, financially, sociably, physically and mentally? If not they don’t bread.

As for people claming benefits, don’t get me wrong people need support but this bull crap of “job seekers allowance” why should people be allowed to stay at home and get paid for it? Why don’t they get given community work to do to earn the money they are claming? Like cleaning the streets or painting a fence or repairing a park or cutting a hedge, it would sure help the community and the local government.

Any way rant over :x

I think that solution is to do like other countries do. Friend of mine moved to Israel some time ago (same time when I moved to this country :)) and he explained how the system works over there:
    1. You are entitled for 6 months jobseekers allowance. But only if you were working for last 9 months and were fired. If you decided to leave company, then there is 3 months 'cooling off' period with no pay at all. This allowance depends on your previous salary and is something like 80% of it. I don't remember what the exact numbers are but if someone is interested I can phone him and ask.
    2. Jobseekers Centre will offer you jobs. During first two months, you can reject any job, which is not your speciality. After 2 months you can reject jobs 3 times and if you reject the next job then you'll get no allowance. If job is rejected by company (they don't like you for example) then it is OK.
    3. You can get 1 state-funded training (6-12 months long) per 4 years period. You will get full allowance during this time.

After 6 months (or training) finished, then you'll only get basic pay, which is merely enough not to die from hunger. And you will still be responsible for your bills, mortgage, etc - it is your problem, not government's.

If government officials spotted you working illegally (and they frequently do checks, acccording to my friend) then you are liable for all the money they paid you + income tax + hefty fine.

I am not sure whether this is entirely true (after all I never been unemployed in Israel :)) but it seems to be very fair system towards both unemployed and the state.

Personally I've got no problem with JobSeekers allowance as it is, I think the focus needs to be on getting these people into jobs. It shouldn't be provided for people uninterested in working etc.

For example, link up with job centres/training schemes -- provide free semi-skilled labour training through adult colleges and pay them to attend this rather than a straight job centre etc. Respond to areas of shortages etc (obviously this doesnt apply to some of the harder to fill areas. (engineering, teaching etc where degrees are necessary) in skills etc. These jobs pay more, "help society" and put a positive focus on the worker (continuos improvement etc).

We shouldn't think everyone isnt working because they cant be bothered, and even if their not educating people is never a waste of money (assuming they want to learn there )

even basic IT skills etc are lacking in a scary percentage of people (from stats ive seen in the past, may be incorrect/badly intepreted of course)

Talking about education... Some time ago I volunteered to help our local adult education class. I offered them free IT for beginners training. It was rejected as no one was interested. I was quite p**sed to say the least. OK, maybe my English skills aren't up to scratch but I have no problem to discuss IT things (just need to remember to insert 'like', 'you know', etc)

Kommunist

....... (just need to remember to insert 'like', 'you know', etc)

Please... no... that is one of my pet hates. It's so terrible, and I hate it when I find myself saying it as I have absorbed it from the people around me!

Difficult one this. I agree with a lot of whats been said and that the families are often just as bad and don't help.

However I'm not sure you can entirely blame parents for the kids poor behaviour. Unfortnuately a lot of the time it's down to peer pressure.

We have 2 boys (a 15yr old & a 14week old!!) and it is very worrying to think what will happen in the future.

Our 15yr old is basically a good kid but has still had odd ocassions where he has got into bother (smoking & drinking etc). Is this our fault? - I'm not sure. He has a good stable home, 2 parents who both work and respect authority.

We have tried to pass these values on and make sure he turns into a responsible character, stick in at school etc & get a job doing something he enjoys.

The thing is though we can't control what goes on once he's outside. Whilst we can tell him where not to go, what not to do etc unless we follow him around we cannot prevent it. The only other option would be to keep him locked up - not a viable option I think.

Therefore we can only hope that he behaves reponsibily whilst outside & respond to any issues when we become aware of them.

OK, I won't Lesson learned.

devalia

Personally I've got no problem with JobSeekers allowance as it is, I … Personally I've got no problem with JobSeekers allowance as it is, I think the focus needs to be on getting these people into jobs. It shouldn't be provided for people uninterested in working etc.

I follow and agree with what your saying and im not stating that all familys are the issue (of course the problem is once teh child is out of teh house how do you countrol that?) but it all coems down to respect,disapline and morality..i for one know the difrence between rite and wrong!!

i dont like the idea of people being able to clame "job seekers allowance" and can do it for as long as they like(mayeb im wrong with that asumption) why cant they be given work in the local community while theya re still looking for work..we will all benefit and especially the person doing the work.

Battle Royale seems like such a good idea right now!

rocky1man

Difficult one this. I agree with a lot of whats been said and that the … Difficult one this. I agree with a lot of whats been said and that the families are often just as bad and don't help.However I'm not sure you can entirely blame parents for the kids poor behaviour. Unfortnuately a lot of the time it's down to peer pressure.We have 2 boys (a 15yr old & a 14week old!!) and it is very worrying to think what will happen in the future.Our 15yr old is basically a good kid but has still had odd ocassions where he has got into bother (smoking & drinking etc). Is this our fault? - I'm not sure. He has a good stable home, 2 parents who both work and respect authority.We have tried to pass these values on and make sure he turns into a responsible character, stick in at school etc & get a job doing something he enjoys.The thing is though we can't control what goes on once he's outside. Whilst we can tell him where not to go, what not to do etc unless we follow him around we cannot prevent it. The only other option would be to keep him locked up - not a viable option I think.Therefore we can only hope that he behaves reponsibily whilst outside & respond to any issues when we become aware of them.

You say two working parents. I offer my point of view, so don't take it as giving advice.

Would it not be better if one parent was at home, there to greet the kids when they come home etc? That period between perhaps 3.00 when school finished, and 5.30 when parents return home is where kids get up to mischief!! :-D

rocky1man I was doing worse at 13/14 but u grow up, learn from mistakes, move on, and more importantly don't exagerate and continue that behaviour, had it done I'd of dropped out of school.

Thing is there is far far more incentive for them to do carry on such bebehaviour than realise decency is what breeds a stable society not doing what the hell you like because this country has insane child protection laws allowing them to do what the hell they please, most troubled kids are way past this phase and the parents don't care in these cases so it's too late (IMHO) and the kids are destined for jail (which are overcrowding).

Seen all the news about UK Forced unable to recruit and massive numbers quitting? (2.8% down average, but submarine nuclear engineers down 29%, nurses down 70%) Send the troubled kids all off to army, train them, discipline them, give the little ****s some skills.

]http//ti…pfj - it's complete and utter twoddle like that which means kids get to blame everyone else but themselves or their parents.

Blaming teachers 100% for kids bad behaviour is nutz what the hell kind of society have we become. Especially when the kids KNOW FULL WELL they can get violent and extremely abusive without consequences.

....Oh yeah, and the cane!

MattC

You say two working parents. I offer my point of view, so don't take it … You say two working parents. I offer my point of view, so don't take it as giving advice.Would it not be better if one parent was at home, there to greet the kids when they come home etc? That period between perhaps 3.00 when school finished, and 5.30 when parents return home is where kids get up to mischief!! :-D

MattC I completely agree. When I said both of us work, my OH only works P/T & so is home for son coming out of school, although at present is on maternity leave til next June.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553755
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767183
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714460
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?47

See more discussions