Theft in transit? What are hermes like for sorting stuff out?

Posted 13th Dec 2021
Bah!

I've just received a parcel with completely the wrong thing in it. (bought an ultrasonic toothbrush and received a toilet valve)

Bit bizarre. Seller insists they know nothing about the toilet valve. I am wondering if its been knicked in transit. The outer box has tape both under the shipping label and over the shipping label so could be resealed?
The packing inside looks as if it originally had something in it that was larger than the content its arrived with.
So I think someone has opened a load of parcels taken what they want and then repacked and sealed the boxes. And I've ended up with the wrong thing.

If anyone out there wanted to fix a leaking toilet and is wondering how to do it with a toothbrush - please get it touch
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment
Top comments
'What are hermes like for sorting stuff out?'

Oh, mate...
abdul513/12/2021 15:38

Nothing to do with this post But have anyone else’s hukd emoji gone s …Nothing to do with this post But have anyone else’s hukd emoji gone smaller ? On iphone ?

Yes. They were bigger but the thieves at Hermes stole part of them!
Edited by: "jameshothothot" 13th Dec
19 Comments
  1. Avatar
    'What are hermes like for sorting stuff out?'

Oh, mate...
  2. Avatar
    Not for you to deal with ?.... surely the onus is on the seller to sort out
  3. Avatar
    Yep this is the new trend for courier thieves.
    Edited by: "Modded" 13th Dec
  4. Avatar
    Hermes are notorious for this sort of thing. It 100% happens in their warehouses by those on night shifts. I've received packages with items missing inside. The cardboard boxes/parcels I received literally had holes on the side where one of their workers blatantly stuck his hand into the package to get the contents out. About 2 packages this was done to. Hermes are a disgusting company, they have literal thieves working in their warehouses.
    Edited by: "awiew" 13th Dec
  5. Avatar
    Nothing to do with this post
    But have anyone else’s hukd emoji gone smaller ?
    On iphone ?
  6. Avatar
    abdul513/12/2021 15:38

Nothing to do with this post But have anyone else’s hukd emoji gone s …Nothing to do with this post But have anyone else’s hukd emoji gone smaller ? On iphone ?

Yes. They were bigger but the thieves at Hermes stole part of them!
    Edited by: "jameshothothot" 13th Dec
  7. Avatar
    Author
    Jocques13/12/2021 14:34

'What are hermes like for sorting stuff out?' 'What are hermes like for sorting stuff out?' Oh, mate...

I know..... stupid question
  8. Avatar
    Whenever I see that a package I order is being "delivered" by hermes as soon as it pops up on their app I change it to *pick up from local depot, its 13miles away from me but at least I know I'm getting it and it can be checked there so any problems its straight back to them, hermes are garbage.
  9. Avatar
    Author
    NoNamesLeftWhy13/12/2021 17:51

Whenever I see that a package I order is being "delivered" by hermes as …Whenever I see that a package I order is being "delivered" by hermes as soon as it pops up on their app I change it to *pick up from local depot, its 13miles away from me but at least I know I'm getting it and it can be checked there so any problems its straight back to them, hermes are garbage.

TBH our local hermes delivery guy is really good. He's been doing it for years and I now know him and his wife.

What surprises me about this is why would someone swap out the contents? why not just steal everything? why put someone elses stuff in my box?

All I can think is that there was a package with a load of plumbing stuff in it and they've redistributed it so that parcels weren't noticed as being empty.

So someone now has a megasonex toothbrush which they will find almost impossible to get brushes for.
  10. Avatar
    You're lucky you're the buyer and not the seller, as it'll be their responsibility to find out what's gone wrong and resolve it.

Wouldn't like to be them
  11. Avatar
    Author
    paul_merton13/12/2021 18:09

You're lucky you're the buyer and not the seller, as it'll be their …You're lucky you're the buyer and not the seller, as it'll be their responsibility to find out what's gone wrong and resolve it.Wouldn't like to be them

They've just accepted my return - how easy it will be to get a refund remains to be seen.

My initial reaction wasn't good ,I'm afraid.
  12. Avatar
    Basic contract law. You purchased goods and you purchased a service (delviery). The contract is filfilled when you have the goods in your hands (so long as they are of merchantable quality, fit for purpose etc etc)
  13. Avatar
    I'm still trying to take them to small claims court (see my post) but can't get any response from them...
  14. Avatar
    rimalpatel00713/12/2021 21:13

I'm still trying to take them to small claims court (see my post) but …I'm still trying to take them to small claims court (see my post) but can't get any response from them...

That is usually the best response; you win by default.
    Then have the court ruling enforced.
  15. Avatar
    Hermes drivers are dodgy as well. I had a Hermes driver who claimed to have tried to deliver 3 times to me on different days. I was home all 3 days and collected other stuff from other delivery companies.
  16. Avatar
    Author
    Well the seller got the parcel back, declared that their original packaging was ok and reported me for returning the wrong item.

Phone call to ebay and they refunded me.

Not sure now if seller was a chancer or hermes nicked it.
    Edited by: "mas99" 10 h, 52 m ago
  17. Avatar
    mas9913/12/2021 16:44

I know..... stupid question

Well, it was good for a laugh, bless. and at least we CAN still laugh about it... unless we happen to have a package in the system that is
    MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL, and erm... Good luck if you have, yer gonna need it.
  18. Avatar
    rimalpatel00713/12/2021 21:13

I'm still trying to take them to small claims court (see my post) but …I'm still trying to take them to small claims court (see my post) but can't get any response from them...

Good luck. You shouldn't need luck, as its common knowledge how Hermes operates, and you always have the VIDEO from Joe Lycett on Hermes sending our parcels to auction. You ALSO have the photographs of parcels being dumped ( I could never understand that. Why dump them, why not simply steal them) and IF Hermes fail to respond to you, and you can demonstrate this, ALL THE BETTER FOR YOUR CASE, so my last "respectful" ( so should be published Nr M) word on this subject, is GO GET EM TIGER. but just in case? It's ready for Facebook
  19. Avatar
    You know, it's almost funny... almost, why certain innocent posts are removed, or blocked (amounting to the same thing) almost on a WHIM.

NO explanation (legitimate anyway)
    NO recourse, just, well... basically TOUGH, we can do what we want, so we do, and if you don't like it, TOUGH I've just had an idea, this site isn't policed by the CONSERVATIVE party is it, by any chance it would explain a lot.
Post a comment
Top Merchants