There has to be an alternative to £25 Lexmark printer inks . . . . surely?

15 replies
Found 14th Aug 2010
Too late I now see the error of my ways.

A great piece of hardware but the cost of running it is extortionate.

I suspect that I'd be better off buying another printer and using low cost ink (?)

Any rec'ns please ?

Thx

Bill

btw, do a 'lexmark' search on this site . . . none of them get above freezing! (helluva time to notice by me, lol)

15 Comments

epson, i got the px700w about £150 but inks are 79p each

Buy a Brother, ink costs are very cheap,

No dreaded chip in the cartridges either.

Banned

Inactive

Buy a Brother, ink costs are very cheap, No dreaded chip in the … Buy a Brother, ink costs are very cheap, No dreaded chip in the cartridges either.

+1

10000 pages on 1 cartridge!

lexmarks do about 100

Totally agree with you there OP - I spend a fortune on ink for my lexmark. Had it years though and its still going strong with brilliant results which I need for my work but the ink prices? AAGH! Been looking myself for a new printer with cheaper ink so will be subscribing to your thread as well for other opinions. Good luck!

Get a laser printer, I bagged two brother laser printers a 2030 and 2070n (same as 2030 but with network port as well) (B&W) plus a full size photocopier on ebay pick up only for I think £3 and a few pence!

Theres always laser printers going for a couple of quid on pick up only ebay.

controversial I know but I know someone who actually buys a new printer every time their ink runs out as they come with ink and its still cheaper that just buying the ink. Not me btw I'm still foolishly buying £18 refills

I'd agree with the other epson comment,buy a new like for like epson printer,then you can pick up carts for cheap as chips.

e-bay for compatible ink cartridges?

More landfill...just buy a brother printer

epson inkjet printers.. if you can get one of those- the compatible inks are super cheap

Epson all the way, as someone said previously, it's cheaper to buy a new Lexmark than a set of cartridges.

What number is the cartridge and I will let you know.

Banned

michelleleemoo

controversial I know but I know someone who actually buys a new printer … controversial I know but I know someone who actually buys a new printer every time their ink runs out as they come with ink and its still cheaper that just buying the ink. Not me btw I'm still foolishly buying £18 refills

maybe you should tell that person that new printers only come with half full cartridges so they arent doing as well as they think.

Anyone with a lexmark should dump it now and start saving money!

Bully

More landfill...just buy a brother printer

what a strange comment... i bet you fly, smoke, drive, use plastic tesco bags i could go on

Banned

mobter83

what a strange comment... i bet you fly, smoke, drive, use plastic tesco … what a strange comment... i bet you fly, smoke, drive, use plastic tesco bags i could go on

lol at you comparing driving etc with someone who buys a new printer every time the ink runs out. I doubt he buys a new car every time he empties the petrol tank
Edited by: "csiman" 16th Aug 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…45
    2. Looking for cheap genuine SDHC cards33
    3. Foo fighters pre sale code45
    4. ZAVVI and Pre-Orders11

See more discussions