There is a 32" TV that is sitting in my kitchen right now

18 replies
Found 27th Oct 2009
That can't be used for another 2 months..

Any point in this?

17 Comments

Ho Ho Ho

just open it-santa wont mind

Original Poster

barky;6704132

just open it-santa wont mind

but the parents will,

it tempting though.. :thumbsup:

Banned

2 month warranty loss, also you can demand a return if faulty within 28 days after this i believe they only have to offer a repair, my daughter had her laptop a month early last year because of the above

Original Poster

sassie;6704164

2 month warranty loss, also you can demand a return if faulty within 28 … 2 month warranty loss, also you can demand a return if faulty within 28 days after this i believe they only have to offer a repair, my daughter had her laptop a month early last year because of the above

good point

Take the TV out, fill the box with bricks. Your parents will never notice.

sassie;6704164

2 month warranty loss, also you can demand a return if faulty within 28 … 2 month warranty loss, also you can demand a return if faulty within 28 days after this i believe they only have to offer a repair, my daughter had her laptop a month early last year because of the above

I agree with sassie, you could really do with testing the TV. If when you eventually open it at Christmas and it doesn't work, you'll be kicking yourself!!

Original Poster

stefor;6704217

I agree with sassie, you could really do with testing the TV. If when … I agree with sassie, you could really do with testing the TV. If when you eventually open it at Christmas and it doesn't work, you'll be kicking yourself!!

I won't be kicking myself, i'll be kicking the parents. Infact it'll be more than kicking :whistling:

Original Poster

ChipSticks;6704212

Take the TV out, fill the box with bricks. Your parents will never notice.

Apart from the the 17" upgrade of TV in my room :w00t:

borolad94;6704229

Apart from the the 17" upgrade of TV in my room :w00t:

Just wear a pair of socks all week, then hang them on your door, guarantees no one will enter! lol

Just sneakily pour a little liquid next to it and suddenly announce with all urgency"Oh No.......there is a plasma leak", then act like you are really freaked out and state with full conviction "If we don't switch it on soon then there may be a chain reaction and the kitchen will be sucked into an inverted continuum!! continue freaking out for a while.

I'm sure the rents will cave in.

you might get sent to bed with no tea:)

sassie;6704164

+1 - friends of mine had big problems trying to get a replacement after their brand new tv was faulty - manufacturers said it was the suppliers domain and vice versa. Eventually sorted but it took a LONG time. My advice is to open it up, test it, then box it up again. HTH

Banned

My son asked for a 32" tv for christmas and is completely unaware that it's downstairs in a cupboard, hidden behind loads of things. I did open it all up though to check that everything was there and switched it on to make sure it was working etc. He only has a 19" tv at the moment but wanted a 32 hd ready so as he can get better picture quality for playing his ps3 on :roll:

Original Poster

Mum just rang and apparently the TV is going to be tested over the road, put back in the box and wrapped up for Xmas day. :x But i still read out Sassie's post word for word to her over the phone. :giggle: but she's not budging :x

Banned

borolad94;6704313

Mum just rang and apparently the TV is going to be tested over the road, … Mum just rang and apparently the TV is going to be tested over the road, put back in the box and wrapped up for Xmas day. :x But i still read out Sassie's post word for word to her over the phone. :giggle: but she's not budging :x

well its up to your mum really but it seems daft to me to have something sat in a box for two months, means you only actually got 10 months warranty with it, if you was young ide undersatand, but its not like a big secret or anything, you know your having it an its gonna be sat there for two months

Original Poster

Eternal_Optimist;6704310

My son asked for a 32" tv for christmas and is completely unaware that … My son asked for a 32" tv for christmas and is completely unaware that it's downstairs in a cupboard, hidden behind loads of things. I did open it all up though to check that everything was there and switched it on to make sure it was working etc. He only has a 19" tv at the moment but wanted a 32 hd ready so as he can get better picture quality for playing his ps3 on :roll:

No need for the eye roll :giggle: thats why i have got this 32" so i can play my PS3, got it last year and have hardly used it cos i've only got a 15" and can't even see the words on the screen. I've been stuck playing my other PS3 downstairs on my 42" :w00t:

Original Poster

sassie;6704337

well its up to your mum really but it seems daft to me to have something … well its up to your mum really but it seems daft to me to have something sat in a box for two months, means you only actually got 10 months warranty with it, if you was young ide undersatand, but its not like a big secret or anything, you know your having it an its gonna be sat there for two months

You're right, they are used to treating me like a kid. :roll: Apparently Xmas won't feel like Xmas without it :roll:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21132
    2. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games11
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247657
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 191 ***1328

See more discussions