Thermometer - Suggestions needed please

Posted 21st Nov
Hi all,

my little one got cold and fever and the gp asked us to get a ear thermometer.

I am looking into it to buy one and found the below

amazon.co.uk/dp/…39H

has anyone got any experience and knowledge to help me choose one please? it's needed for 3+ years to 100 years old.

many thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
The one you linked is the one that both me and my sister have, mine replaced a previous braun one that was about 12 years old and still working perfectly but just a bit slow. The new one is much quicker than the old; especially helpful with small, squirming children.
This is a good thermometer.
I've had a thermoscan for the last 3 years and it's accurate.
I've got the gp to check it against his own and he said it was as good as his.
you cant go wrong with that one (its newer version of the one we have) ours around 10 years still going strong,rember to keep a supply of the plastic caps.
You can’t really go wrong with the braun ones. I’ve tried other brands including tommee tippee and they were garbage, always gave false readings where as the braun I have has always been spot on.
PurpleNurple21/11/2019 23:23

The one you linked is the one that both me and my sister have, mine …The one you linked is the one that both me and my sister have, mine replaced a previous braun one that was about 12 years old and still working perfectly but just a bit slow. The new one is much quicker than the old; especially helpful with small, squirming children.

Thanks PurpleNurple. This is helpful in making our decision.
jimmy_the_fridge21/11/2019 23:48

This is a good thermometer.I've had a thermoscan for the last 3 years and …This is a good thermometer.I've had a thermoscan for the last 3 years and it's accurate.I've got the gp to check it against his own and he said it was as good as his.

It's good to know that it works as good as GPs. Thank you
jamstaruk197221/11/2019 23:57

you cant go wrong with that one (its newer version of the one we have) …you cant go wrong with that one (its newer version of the one we have) ours around 10 years still going strong,rember to keep a supply of the plastic caps.

Thanks for that. Surely it seems the right product.
jamstaruk197221/11/2019 23:57

you cant go wrong with that one (its newer version of the one we have) …you cant go wrong with that one (its newer version of the one we have) ours around 10 years still going strong,rember to keep a supply of the plastic caps.

Thanks, I will surely do.
Jas1021/11/2019 23:18

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fanmi-dual-use-themometer-xiaomi-ecological-chain-brand-for-1926-delivered-eu-warehouse-at-teknistorecom-3337017

Thanks Jas10
Thanks everyone. I have finally bought the one I shared the link and got great feedback from you all.
Again, it's a great pleasure to be around with so many helpful people and their expert and genuine opinions. Excellent place it is, HUKD.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions