Thermometer - which one??

Posted 5th Dec 2019
Hi

I’m looking to buy a thermometer for the kids - preferably in ear one but there are soooo many!!! Any recommendations please???!!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Braun thermoscan in ear we use. I should think the different models work in similar ways.
Any that are 'non - contact'. They all have a margin of error so it makes little difference really. You don't want to be poking things into little ears, not the way they wiggle about (the kids not the ears).
Our one is in ear. It's not intrusive. So long as you have all your mobility it would be fine. Haven't used non contact ones.
Either left or right should be fine.
Oh yeah. Make sure you haven't been drinking. (don't mean water)
Muzzzzzzz06/12/2019 00:19

Our one is in ear. It's not intrusive. So long as you have all your …Our one is in ear. It's not intrusive. So long as you have all your mobility it would be fine. Haven't used non contact ones.

I believe that 'the only thing you should put in your ear is your own elbow'.
My sister is a GP and she recommends this one:

amazon.co.uk/Bra…SW/
That's like the one I have but I don't think you need to spend that much. Was a long long time a go though.

Yep as I thought. Mine not made but amazon says Braun IRT6020 as a replacement. I spent 29£ 10 years ago.
Edited by: "Muzzzzzzz" 6th Dec 2019
Tried them cheap in ear ones and found them to be too inconsistent

Bought this one last week and it seems really consistent, you get what you pay for
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions