Thermostat Help

Posted 7th Jul 2020
Hi,

I have a Honeywell thermostat control panel. The display has started to play up so looking to get a replacement.

Does it have to be the exact same model to go with my boiler? How would I pair a replacement?

Sorry, I'm a noob with all this!

Here's the one I have. Thank you.

3501256-7Q5Pg.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
It depends what you want to do. You can buy another make and model of remote thermostat but you will have to wire the new base unit (or receiver) in place of the old. New units will usually come with both the base unit and remote unit.
If you dont want to change the base unit then you will need to buy the same item as the one you already have. You will also get a new base unit with that but will not need to use it. There is usually a hidden button on the base unit and remote unit to allow them to be paired together, so you can pair a new remote unit to your existing base unit. Units bought together are pre-paired so you dont have to do that.
You can probably find another unit on eBay (just looked and lots available).
That's a very common fault on Honeywells.

They seem to be ~£80 to buy a replacement. I would just swap it for something like the T6R amazon.co.uk/gp/…all. It is a very straightforward upgrade.
themorgatron08/07/2020 06:00

That's a very common fault on Honeywells.They seem to be ~£80 to buy a …That's a very common fault on Honeywells.They seem to be ~£80 to buy a replacement. I would just swap it for something like the T6R https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B01M9ATDY7/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all. It is a very straightforward upgrade.

I'd have no idea how to remove the old receiver box and power the new one though
Robloxian08/07/2020 08:57

I'd have no idea how to remove the old receiver box and power the new one …I'd have no idea how to remove the old receiver box and power the new one though

It's as simple as pulling off the cover to the receiver, make a note of the wires then remove, then fitting them to the new receiver correctly. You won't even need to drill new holes. The old CM927 receiver and new T6R receiver use the exact same wires. The thermostat part is powered via a USB plug.
Yeah - replacements with Wi-Fi so you can control your heating from anywhere in the world are easy to install - I got a Netatmo, probably one of the cheapest, not had any issues and had it for two years.

Switched off my heating from Hong Kong once as I forgot to set it to away before I left
I had the same exact same one with a similar problem so I decided on a Netatmo smart thermostat (Amazon deal) with TRV.

I’ve been enjoying it quite a bit.
I see others are saying it is easy to change the receiver but if you are not sure about the wiring please do not attempt to do it yourself. Worst case you can electrocute yourself!
I have this controller. The display is a bit funny only when setting a program. Have you tried putting new batteries in?
Post a comment
@
    Text