Groups

Thermostat question

Hey

We moved into our new house a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to work out the heating system. There is a thermostat in the hallway labelled with Bitish Gas, but it also has a 'save' button and a red light.

When the heating comes on the red light flashes and nothing happens, until you press the button, then the heating comes on and the light illuminates constantly.

Not really sure if that's right? as we have the heating come on about half an hour before we get up so that the house heats a littlle, but obviousy it won't come on until i go downstairs and press the button!!!

Anybody have similar at home and can advise me?

Thanks in advance!!!

9 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks, will have a look.

Another problem i have just noticed is that at the moment neither the hot water nor the heating is on but i can ear the (back) boiler firing up every few minutes for a minute or so. Surely that shouldn't be happening?!?

Its not some kind of keep warm function? If you get your boiler model and have a hunt on Google, that will often give you a clue as to how the system is set up.

Original Poster

Apparently it's a 'Baxi Bermuda 45/4E SL3'

Wil have a look around and see what i can find out. Thanks.

Rep left

Original Poster

Can;t seem to find anything, it's bugging me now!!

The boiler fires up for about 45 seconds, then goes off for about 2 and a half mins. Have turned both the central heating and water to off. :?:

what s your thermostat on - it may have reached level - try turning thermostat down - leave it 10 mins then go and turn heating on again - see if it comes on - if not ring bg in morning

Original Poster

Thermostat was set to 20, have turned down to minimum.

Should i turn it on and see if it clicks on when i turn the thermostat up?

sancho1983;6356776

Thermostat was set to 20, have turned down to minimum.Should i turn it on … Thermostat was set to 20, have turned down to minimum.Should i turn it on and see if it clicks on when i turn the thermostat up?

you had your thermostat on 20

its a bit high for this time of year i think

normally you would leave it at 16/17 in winter

get it checked out and and when the guys there ask him to show you how to work it:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Yeah it was on 20, but the heating is only set to come on for 2 hours in the morning. Don't really understand it though because the radiators are still warm now and the heating shouldn't have been on since 8:30 in the morning

But the boiler keeps firing up and going off, according to a couple of thermometers we have in the house it's 24 degrees!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917256
      2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2457
      3. Cat Chat73706
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6531245

See more discussions