Thermostatic shower recommendations?

Found 3rd Feb
Which brands, or types would you recommend? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
one where the thermo cartridge is easy to replace
Go for a standard bar mixer on 150mm centre.
You can pick them up for £50 or less and if they ever need to be replaced it's a 10 minute job.
Just be careful about which way round the pipes go as they are not all the same.
ccnp3rd Feb

one where the thermo cartridge is easy to replace

Totally agree - best to get a surface mounted shower unit - I have this type .... mirashowers.co.uk/sho…ev/

I have previously had concealed shower units and these cause all sorts of problems when they leak a few years down the road.
Hansgrohe - excellent quality, long warranties and easy to get spare parts and replace cartridges if required.
deleted1597344
I have this, plumbing is not my specialty so couldn’t comment on how it compares to other brands but I think it’s decent enough.
Just got the mira atom from screwfix for £99.99 and its fantastic and far more powerful than the standard £50 bar set it replaced

5 year warranty too,

screwfix.com/p/m…IuQ
Edited by: "chocci" 4th Feb
deleted15973443rd Feb

I have this, plumbing is not my specialty so couldn’t comment on how it c …I have this, plumbing is not my specialty so couldn’t comment on how it compares to other brands but I think it’s decent enough.

I would expect it to be decent enough at £419!
Original Poster
Ccna, Parsimony is your thermo cartridge easy to replace, and which one is it?

Not sure I want to spend £700+ on a shower unit
Edited by: "SCuboid" 4th Feb
Wtf is a thermo cartridge? I'm doing up my house and will be installing 3 bathrooms. Or rather getting them installed by pros.

Anyone recommend any places that does good quality suites and showers but obviously not expensive. Not sure if that's possible lol
Original Poster
Plumbworld
Original Poster
Chocci is the one from screwfix fine for replacing he thermal cartridge?! Thanks
You haven’t mentioned budget. A bar mixer is easy to replace if there’s any issues. Normally 150mm centres. Something like the Mira Coda Pro EV is great. If you fancy two heads, the Coda Pro ERD.

I have the Mira vision digital shower. Very easy to fit and quality performance and looks but expensive!

You also haven’t mentioned what system you currently have. Low pressure tank and cylinder or combi boiler or high pressure cylinder? That can make a difference when choosing a shower!
Just get a mixer Tap/Shower never had any problems!
Original Poster
Hi Matt, it's a combi, I prefer thermostat to avoid burns and cold water when kitchen taps in use.
SCuboid48 m ago

Hi Matt, it's a combi, I prefer thermostat to avoid burns and cold water …Hi Matt, it's a combi, I prefer thermostat to avoid burns and cold water when kitchen taps in use.

Any shower will work ok on a combi then (apart from pumped). All the ones I listed above are thermostatic and will work lovely on a combi.
SCuboid49 m ago

Hi Matt, it's a combi, I prefer thermostat to avoid burns and cold water …Hi Matt, it's a combi, I prefer thermostat to avoid burns and cold water when kitchen taps in use.

Use the ‘Quote’ to reply where possible, it’s easier to know when you’ve replied
Original Poster
MattNorfolk6 h, 55 m ago

Use the ‘Quote’ to reply where possible, it’s easier to know when you’ve re …Use the ‘Quote’ to reply where possible, it’s easier to know when you’ve replied

Thanks!
P
EN1GMA4th Feb

Wtf is a thermo cartridge? I'm doing up my house and will be installing 3 …Wtf is a thermo cartridge? I'm doing up my house and will be installing 3 bathrooms. Or rather getting them installed by pros.Anyone recommend any places that does good quality suites and showers but obviously not expensive. Not sure if that's possible lol

Plumbworld
SCuboid22 h, 3 m ago

Chocci is the one from screwfix fine for replacing he thermal cartridge?! …Chocci is the one from screwfix fine for replacing he thermal cartridge?! Thanks

No idea but with a 5 year warranty and only £100,i will just buy a new shower if it goes wrong after 5 years..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants