These Chinese unbranded Android phones on Ebay....

Found 15th Apr 2015
Specs are decent and some of them for < £50 are tempting. Unlocked. Why should I not go for them?
Community Updates
AskiPhonePhonesAndroid
10 Comments
They often have have about 4gb storage but they give you the option of SD cards. They don't tend to mention the ram as it probably only has 512mb. Low ram will slow your device in the long run. Also you're likely not to receive any updates.
My last two phones have been Chinese albeit a bit more costly, a Note3 clone with great specs and a great phone, my latest has Samsung Super amoled screen, Gorilla glass 3 back and front full HD, Sony 13mp Camera at the rear 8mp front camera, all metal chassis, 2 GHz octacore processor. This phone has all the spec of a high end phone, that under a well known name would cost £500/600, I got it from amazon for £175 delivered, and apart from a couple of software issues which seem to have been sorted by a firmware upgrade, this is a stunning phone for the money. So I would say why not take a chance at that price, in the worst case you are only gonna loose £50/60.
reaper1951

My last two phones have been Chinese albeit a bit more costly, a Note3 … My last two phones have been Chinese albeit a bit more costly, a Note3 clone with great specs and a great phone, my latest has Samsung Super amoled screen, Gorilla glass 3 back and front full HD, Sony 13mp Camera at the rear 8mp front camera, all metal chassis, 2 GHz octacore processor. This phone has all the spec of a high end phone, that under a well known name would cost £500/600, I got it from amazon for £175 delivered, and apart from a couple of software issues which seem to have been sorted by a firmware upgrade, this is a stunning phone for the money. So I would say why not take a chance at that price, in the worst case you are only gonna loose £50/60.

what's the name of the phone you have now thanks sounds interesting
themckoy10

what's the name of the phone you have now thanks sounds interesting

umi zero, I got it from Amazon prime so nextday delivery and also a years warranty through them, but not sure if still available on prime.
reaper1951

umi zero, I got it from Amazon prime so nextday delivery and also a years … umi zero, I got it from Amazon prime so nextday delivery and also a years warranty through them, but not sure if still available on prime.

thank you
themckoy10

thank you[/quotthank you

There are 2 different models both with the same specs the Umi zero which is the one got and the "Umi zero original" that does not have the super Amoled screen also don't think its full HD other than that I think they are the same. Obviously that one comes a bit cheaper.
One word if warning about Cheap Chinese phones with good specs is counterfeit. Had this problem with my 1st Octacore phone purchased from eBay, unscrupulous manufactures/vendors can install a script in the root of the phone, so that the phone appears to have whatever spec they want, this can even fool benchmarking apps Like antutu, the dodgy one I had would only install a older version of antutu and everything looked kosher, but I realised that something was wrong because no matter how many times I tried to install the latest version, it would not, found a version that was developed to test certain Chinese phones by manufacture's known to cheat, and suddenly an antutu score of 28000 became a score of 12000. So did a lot of searching on the net and managed to find a German forum with links to the Companies web page, all in Chinese naturally, but when translated by Google the Phone was in fact Dual core instead of Octacore and 16g of storage was 4g. Got my money back through ebay, and did a lot more research before buying my next Chinese phone. But if the spec is genuine they can be a bargain
you also need to be aware that these dodgy phones come with dodgy unsafe chinese chargers.
Ok guys, thanks, I'm already put off.
Don't forget that some of these phones have malware installed on them straight out of the box.

For me, it's not worth the risk especially when you can get the Moto G and other decent mid range phones for not much outlay
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants