These free items off Facebook

Posted 11th Oct
Does anyone know if it is all a con (too good to be true).

I'm talking about those sponsored posts that offer you the item for free off Amazon, and they will refund you once you have left them a review.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Never seen one
Sounds legit
Offering money off or refunding money paid for a review is against Amazon Sellers terms and conditions. It might be a legit offer but this practise is highly unethical and I wouldn't trust any seller who was doing it.
you are putting your account at risk.
You will be buying a lot of tat & very little actual good quality.
You will be adding to deceit of buyers via manipulated fraud system.

Unless, you are a competent, honest, detailed writer. (which 99% aren't)
The top 100 of amazon has caved in to 5* "product reviewers" ..who apparantly need 5 sub-par dash cams in a calendar month.

I myself reviewed discounted goods but it was because I was genuinely interested in the items rather than buying junk I was selective, wouldn't give an auto 5* & would write 600 -1500 words on items very often, dissassembling & testing under a variety of conditions & explaining the appropriate technology used, deficiencies & all.

If the product was terrible i'd tell the seller /manufacturer why & state why I'd prefer not to leave the review which was universally accepted.

Rubbish reviewers of tat are easily spotted & reported, you really are putting your account at risk if you just "take & write naff reviews" ..likewise if you get your mates to upvote your reviews.

FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE...

amazon.co.uk/gp/…TF8

This "reviewer is 99 on the list of "reviewers" ..count those 5 star reviews, ...look at that content, look at the TAT, obvious what is going on, .count the reviews per month on "junk" via the pay first get it back for being a consumate liar!

& they tend to want reviews in 3 days of delivery, ..hardly meaningful beyond " my little boy / girl loves this"
Adopt this ethic if you want to deceive people as to quality of goods & make all the real reviewers look bad.
I have been paid by an amazon seller for reviewing products before, they sent me an email after a purchase offering me the opportunity, I didn't even have to buy the items, a couple of other members on here I passed the sellers details onto and they did the same, got £5 and £10 amazon vouchers each time (one was £15 for some reason) ended up with about £140 in vouchers in less than 2 weeks. Didn't use my main account though, I used another I had set up so I could get free prime with video trial (my main has prime shared with others so no video), was lucky that I had made quite a few purchases on it too in the first week enough to qualify me to leave reviews.

I get its wrong but its a fundamental flaw in Amazon that you can leave reviews for things you haven't even bought, one that could easily be closed off. But free credit is free credit. £5-£10 for five minutes "work" how many would honestly say no to that?

@OP I have never seen these adverts on facebook myself,will have to turn adblock off see if I can find them.
Babbabooey11/10/2019 08:39

Sounds legit

Well a friend has shown me his pay Pal account he started doing these reviews with and he has been paid by the company's, I was more just wondering if there was some other information they could get off me?
Sounds good
Ah amazon vouchers, I understand these track back to the sellers origin (being bought & gifted) ..setting yourself up for a potential account locked fall!
Mr_Gus11/10/2019 09:56

...You will be buying a lot of tat & very little actual good …...You will be buying a lot of tat & very little actual good quality....

OP doesn't imply the review has to be positive to still receive the compensation, but my adblock (correctly) doesn't let me view the sponsored proposal nor its terms.
They are after 5 stars, plenty of "money denied" on the various forums that proliferated a few years ago when this thing was big & amazon then changed the rules & started limiting accounts reviews with discounted goods, etc.

If you do this plenty of folk catch on & report your multiple infractions.
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 11th Oct
Not a con, just depends which seller you buy from. Some are scammers and want you to leave bad reviews on rival's items. Most are legit.
Edited by: "jamie15" 11th Oct
harlzter11/10/2019 10:16

I have been paid by an amazon seller for reviewing products before, they …I have been paid by an amazon seller for reviewing products before, they sent me an email after a purchase offering me the opportunity, I didn't even have to buy the items, a couple of other members on here I passed the sellers details onto and they did the same, got £5 and £10 amazon vouchers each time (one was £15 for some reason) ended up with about £140 in vouchers in less than 2 weeks. Didn't use my main account though, I used another I had set up so I could get free prime with video trial (my main has prime shared with others so no video), was lucky that I had made quite a few purchases on it too in the first week enough to qualify me to leave reviews.I get its wrong but its a fundamental flaw in Amazon that you can leave reviews for things you haven't even bought, one that could easily be closed off. But free credit is free credit. £5-£10 for five minutes "work" how many would honestly say no to that?@OP I have never seen these adverts on facebook myself,will have to turn adblock off see if I can find them.

Yeah, that seller is very good Still in contact with them now and then
I used one of these add on Facebook for a free Iphone 11 Pro case "RANVOO iPhone 11 Pro Case, Clear Shockproof iPhone 11 Pro Cover"
I made £2 profit. as the item was £11.99 but i had a tick box for £2 off (see screenshot below). Once i got the item (next day) I let them know and later on that night i got the refund in my paypal account. to be far i was not expecting to get refunded as i thought it was a scam but i was going to buy a case for the phone anyhow also I ended up with 3x free screen protectors as well.

I am guessing they want you to leave a review to Bump up the product on the page so others see them and buy them.
I like to think I am honest with the reviews i do.

38672146-f1I3N.jpg

My amazon review was
38672146-J20iU.jpg
Edited by: "Mackan" 15th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants