Groups

These phone companies who ring up towards end of contract

is there anything that can be done about them ?

im getting 2-3 calls a day, from companies who are claiming to be 3 (the network im with) they are quite blatantly not and every time i ask for a contact name and details they say "john smith, London"

Ive just complained to the 3 coz i think its out of order they give my number to 3rd party companies. - they have been asking me for all sorts of details.

14 Comments

they did that to me and i said sorry dont give detais over the phone as they could be anyone as theirs alot of credit fraud around these days

3 probably didnt give out your number,scamsters probably purchased a phone from 3 the same time as you and as most numbers are assigned in order they phone telephone numbers with similar numbers as they know they were all shipped at a similar time and can pretend to be from 3.

just say, yeh hang on a minute ill be right back and then leave it alone till they give up!

masterruckus;1876249

just say, yeh hang on a minute ill be right back and then leave it alone … just say, yeh hang on a minute ill be right back and then leave it alone till they give up!

ive done that

they are not from 3 , they get names from every where from voter's registration, bin, bt fone derect etc and they are scammers .

collo;1876257

ive done that

its ok until you go back and forget about them and they are still there:-D

Original Poster

lets see what 3 say about it

hoping to get a freebie of some sort lol.

charvelj;1876290

lets see what 3 say about it :)hoping to get a freebie of some sort lol.

go 4 it

whistling down the line works well too...

alternatively, the ultimate solution is this: youtube.com/wat…5l8

Banned

The same problem exists from Orange. I left them about 5 years ago with 2 contracts. One is now with O2, the otherwith T-Moble. Both still get calls every now and then telling me its my lucky day and that I am due a new phone and contract with Orange!!!

Kemot, that is very funny.

If legitimate companies are bothering you, you can get rid of most by signing up here
    ]http//ww…ps/

Sadly, this won't stop O/S and scammers

ive been with 3 for bout 4 years, its always the same about a month or so before its due for renewal, its really annoying

ive also been with 3 for about 4 years and id say about every six months i get a ton of calls telling me that they're from 3,as soon as i say i've got 6 months left on contract they just hang up,ive been told before 3 has nothing to do with it,these callers just make up numbers at random.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1212
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764468
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?27105
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1730

See more discussions