they are making too many games too quickly

Banned
agree or disagree?

16 Comments

Original Poster Banned

cant keep up now. i have so many interests it is hard to keep up with so many games

what im trying to say is, ps3 have a fifa competition. i have to play on fifa everyday to maintain my leaderboard status (because this stuff means something to me hence why i play the game)

if i stop playing fifa for mw2, then i start dropping to the bottom of the table in fifa. but im gaining points in mw2.

if i stop mw2, everyone gets ahead with points in mw2, and i have to start to gain a lead again in fifa10.

then, if i play something like world of warcraft, i have to keep playing it to level up and build up my xp. if i stop playing wow, i get superceded and are left behind.

am i making sense?

i want to play long drawn out rpg's, i want to play fps games, i want to play soccer games, but if you stick to one game too long, then theres a hell of alot of catching up to do in other games!

also, the quality of games are dropping because they want them out the door so fast.

To clarify, do you mean they are rushing releases of sequels? and that as a result, quality is taking the hit?
If so yes, although I'm hoping they bring a new burnout game that reverts to the style of 2 and 3 and not paradise.

Supermod

Disagree for so many reasons. Different genres, developers, licensers etc. You cannot restrict which genres developers make or the amount of games they produce.

Yes and no. I feel its gone alot bigger but the bar hasnt been lowered imo.

before games were like.. oh i do that when im bored.. now its more of a hobby/addiction/career for people.

Fifas been bashing out games year after year for decades now.. so nothings new there, they have made improvements but.. hey football is overrated/overpaid in general anyway..

Edit: Like the above said.. Wii has branched out to so many different market groups.. likewise with ps3 and xbox

to be fair it's november, which is pretty much when all the years biggest games release, just in time for christmas.

there are some big releases due in Q1 2010 but after that it will seem like a games drought until november when the same thing will happen again. plenty of time to catch up.

psycho_terror;6861529

to be fair it's november, which is pretty much when all the years biggest … to be fair it's november, which is pretty much when all the years biggest games release, just in time for christmas.there are some big releases due in Q1 2010 but after that it will seem like a games drought until november when the same thing will happen again. plenty of time to catch up.

+1......seems to have been dead all year ..now can't keep up! :w00t:

I'm still trying to finish Wolf3d

Im still playing Counterstrike source five years on,

Doesn't seem quite as bad as last year. Either that or i'm more focused on what titles to buy.
There were so many titles I wanted to buy in the run up to Christmas 2008, but glad I didn't (Mirrors Edge, Soul Calibur 4, Far Cry 2, Assassin's Creed to name but a few).

Recently bought MW2, Forza 3 and Tales from Liberty City. Think the only other one I'm definitely getting is L4D2. Still not enough hours to play and watch everything I want on TV or online - literally spoilt for choice!

Banned

Yes but gt5 hast to be the longest

Nope. I think I'm set with games for the rest of the year and for quite a bit of next. Unless I spot some bargains, but even then, it'll have to be good, since I've got all I need now

But yes, I have lots to play at the moment but am not too worried about leaving one for a while etc. I can catch up fine in MW2 - I'm more concerned with the amount of uni work I have >.

I think you have to pick and choose your games. I only buy about 4 a year due to not having much spare time but make sure they're goodies and really enjoy them.

I wouldn't stress too much about the leaderboard stuff, just play them with your mates and enjoy the crack, that's what they're for. You can't win 'em all - you're prob playing against some mad Koreans with 100Mb connections who are on them 16 hours a day so have no chance.

Or...try getting out more (serious!) :-D

I agree there is a lot of good stuff to get through right now and a lot of these games are ones that you can sink a lot of time into. Personally playing Forza 3, FIFA 10, Borderlands and MW2 at the moment. They all have XP systems which I find really addictive. Don't see the amount of games as a problem though, although there doesn't look like being the New YEar lull there normally is for catching up; but there will have to be a break in big releases at some point next year. Like many people, I dount I will bother picking up many new games for a while now. I will wait for bargains. Except for DJ Hero which I am hoping the man in red with the big white beard brings me.

This is the quietest Christams season I've had for gaming in a long while. I'm not buying COD, and I'm not interested in football in the first place, forget about simulations of the 'great game'. Assassin Creed 2 isn't going to overcome the burn that was AC, and most of the games I was looking forward to moved into the next quarter. Roll on new year. I'll keep on playing Dragon Age and if I get bored I may get Borderlands when it gets cheap or Guitar Legend.

But seriously, there's no They. It's a bunch of different companies and developers all trying to make money.

Original Poster Banned

i am addressing the gaming creators/developers/companies as 'they'

it includes all the gaming world.

'they' dont seem to consider people who actually have a life and long working hours

robovski;6863846

This is the quietest Christams season I've had for gaming in a long … This is the quietest Christams season I've had for gaming in a long while.

Yeh. A lot of the releases that were going to be Winter 2009 have been pushed back till early next year. In a way its a good thing as the beginning of the year is usually quite slow for decent new releases.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29313805
    2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1917
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
    4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370

See more discussions