THG (iwoot) issues, then someone at THG looks at my LinkedIn account...

Posted 1st Apr
I'm furious.

I've set up another account on HUK for this as I don't want my real account linked to me personally at THG - especially since they take a very relaxed view re data protection.

I ordered an item from them and after a lot of moving around of promised despatch dates that changed after ordering, I emailed them. I went back and forth over email with them and they didn't help very much. It is what it is - I don't think I'll be in a rush to buy from them in the future.

What's just really angered me now is that I logged into my LinkedIn account, and I can see a 'profile view' from 'Someone at THG'. LinkedIn doesn't show me a name so I can't say who exactly.

I have no professional interaction with THG, and because of the business I'm in, there's no reason at all for anyone in the world of retail to be looking at my LinkedIn account.

It seems like THG staff have been Googling me, or searching for me on LinkedIn. Why? There's no reason at all for this.

I want to complain to THG but it will just go to the same team who searched for me in the past - what good is that going to do?

I don't know what to do here but I'm really angry about it - does anyone have any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Here's an idea. If you don't like people looking at your social media profiles don't have any social media profiles. No one is forcing you to have one.
9 Comments
Here's an idea. If you don't like people looking at your social media profiles don't have any social media profiles. No one is forcing you to have one.
I would just leave it and forget about it as long as they can't do any harm on your linked in.
I had a worst issue with an indian man from virgin media. I was changing my password on my virgin account with this man and once the phone call ended I proceeded to get multiple emails from facebook saying that someone had been trying to log into my account. Thankfully have a different password for facebook but was still scary none the less.
You can't trust anyone nowadays it is sad.
I doubt they will be cyber stalking you probably just bored and trying to fit a face to the voice.
Cloeeez01/04/2020 14:39

I would just leave it and forget about it as long as they can't do any …I would just leave it and forget about it as long as they can't do any harm on your linked in. I had a worst issue with an indian man from virgin media. I was changing my password on my virgin account with this man and once the phone call ended I proceeded to get multiple emails from facebook saying that someone had been trying to log into my account. Thankfully have a different password for facebook but was still scary none the less. You can't trust anyone nowadays it is sad. I doubt they will be cyber stalking you probably just bored and trying to fit a face to the voice.

That sounds like a scam to me. Are you sure it was Virgin Media who called you becuase they would never ring you and ask you to change password etc. I would change anything that has that password.
That's shocking. Complain to Linkedin that you should be able to view who has viewed your profile. It's almost as if there is some privacy restriction preventing you from seeing some info that the accountholder chooses to withhold.
AndyRoyd01/04/2020 15:00

That's shocking. Complain to Linkedin that you should be able to view who …That's shocking. Complain to Linkedin that you should be able to view who has viewed your profile. It's almost as if there is some privacy restriction preventing you from seeing some info that the accountholder chooses to withhold.

It is a privacy restriction, you can only see who has viewed your profile if you let others see if you view there's...
dcx_badass01/04/2020 15:09

It is a privacy restriction, you can only see who has viewed your profile …It is a privacy restriction, you can only see who has viewed your profile if you let others see if you view there's...

Woosh.
MonkeyMan9001/04/2020 14:50

That sounds like a scam to me. Are you sure it was Virgin Media who called …That sounds like a scam to me. Are you sure it was Virgin Media who called you becuase they would never ring you and ask you to change password etc. I would change anything that has that password.

Yes I'm sure. It was me that phoned them because I couldn't access my account to change my package because I forgot my password and it wasn't letting me reset via email. So went through phone and done all the security checks etc. I'm not easily scammed. He said I was nice and polite and a few other odd comments I just brushed off. I get it a lot cause I have a good phone voice.
It was a couple of years ago now but I figured it wasn't worth the dude losing his job in the indian call center. Their country is hard enough to live in, he might have a big family to support and no offence to anyone but indian men are notorious for being weird to women lol.
Cloeeez01/04/2020 14:39

I would just leave it and forget about it as long as they can't do any …I would just leave it and forget about it as long as they can't do any harm on your linked in. I had a worst issue with an indian man from virgin media. I was changing my password on my virgin account with this man and once the phone call ended I proceeded to get multiple emails from facebook saying that someone had been trying to log into my account. Thankfully have a different password for facebook but was still scary none the less. You can't trust anyone nowadays it is sad. I doubt they will be cyber stalking you probably just bored and trying to fit a face to the voice.

oh my goodness, I’ve never thought about that before

all these companies know your password, like yourself all my logins are different

but it just takes an employee to have a bad day, and they could try their luck with all different accounts

I do sometimes see emails saying, someone tried to get into your account, was it you? then please change your password

but before doing this, always check it was sent from a legit company email
Mendoza01/04/2020 17:55

oh my goodness, I’ve never thought about that before all these companies k …oh my goodness, I’ve never thought about that before all these companies know your password, like yourself all my logins are different but it just takes an employee to have a bad day, and they could try their luck with all different accounts I do sometimes see emails saying, someone tried to get into your account, was it you? then please change your password but before doing this, always check it was sent from a legit company email

Never use the link in the email to log in
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions