Groups

Thicky Question!!

I have a xbox 360 arcade, a toshiba regza TV and a Panasonic dvd surround system.

I have my xbox 360 linked up via HMDI to the TV.

The Surround sound is linked to the TV via scart.

So what your thinking!!!!!

WELL HERE comes the thicky question

When playing the Xbox the sound only comes from the TV, not the surround. What do I need to change this and how can i link up the xbox to the surround system..

16 Comments

Optical input . . . . if the surround has one . . . .

Original Poster

Thicky question PART II

What does that look like lol

bleeding thick when it comes to this

Hi
    You'll need to link an output from either the xbox or the tv into your surround sound system
    Easiest would be if you could send a hdmi signal through your surround system but would guess you don't have a hdmi input on your surround system
    so
    see if your tv has audio output sockets usually red and white phone type socket should be marked out and connect it via phono to an aux in on the surround sound system
    hope it helps

Original Poster

ejmna1;5292785

HiYou'll need to link an output from either the xbox or the tv into your … HiYou'll need to link an output from either the xbox or the tv into your surround sound systemEasiest would be if you could send a hdmi signal through your surround system but would guess you don't have a hdmi input on your surround system sosee if your tv has audio output sockets usually red and white phone type socket should be marked out and connect it via phono to an aux in on the surround sound systemhope it helps

Hi mate, I have HDMI on my surround system and my xbox 360.

The 360 is hdmi up to the TV

what is the model number of tv and surround sound
    n

Original Poster

Surround is
    Panasonic SA-PT860 with Ipod Dock

TV is
    Toshiba 42xv505db

Plug the white/red phonos out of the scart socket and plug them into the aux input at the back of the surround system.

Edit: Sorry I see you're using hdmi. You could try connecting the phonos from the normal xbox lead (if you have one) just for a sound output.

just trying to download manual for surround system do you have a hdmi in and hdmi out or just one hdmi?

Original Poster

ejmna1;5292995

just trying to download manual for surround system do you have a hdmi in … just trying to download manual for surround system do you have a hdmi in and hdmi out or just one hdmi?

just the one in the surround syst mate an 1 in the xbox but 3 on the tv

Original Poster

jtx;5292973

Plug the white/red phonos out of the scart socket and plug them into the … Plug the white/red phonos out of the scart socket and plug them into the aux input at the back of the surround system.Edit: Sorry I see you're using hdmi. You could try connecting the phonos from the normal xbox lead (if you have one) just for a sound output.

ye but then i loose the hd on the tv.

do I have to buy one of them expensive cables for Xbox360!!!

If you have a spare scart plug on the tv get a scart with about 6 phonos on it, that way you have audio out from the tv....

maplin.co.uk/Mod…041

Original Poster

jtx;5293300

If you have a spare scart plug on the tv get a scart with about 6 phonos … If you have a spare scart plug on the tv get a scart with about 6 phonos on it, that way you have audio out from the tv....http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1041

and will that plug in to the TV and the surround, so when onj xbox it will come throigh the suround?

Original Poster

Just looked at maplin and they say it wont work.

darcyleverfc;5294018

Just looked at maplin and they say it wont work.

It works ok on my Samsung tv with the same surround setup.

Maplin says it won't work with pc speakers, which is the same principle I agree:?

Admittedly I didn't get my cable from maplin...

Original Poster

Right, SO. . . . . .What do i do again with this wire.

I plug it in the TV, with the scart? then put some of the wires in the Surround DVD and then Xbox 360 comes out of the speakers??

OR

I put the wires in the TV and the scart thing in the DVD and sound comes from playing Xbox 360 through the speakers around the room.....

THICK AS

Put the scart into the tv and plug the phonos labeled audio out into the surround:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free pr subsidised loft insulation -not in benefits11
      2. Biscuit addiction1537
      3. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?57
      4. Car park fine UKPC1212

See more discussions