Groups

thing on my skin - help

HI

this is a bizzare question - please please help

ok my friend has a "thing" on his eyelid - and i keep meaning to ask him about it - basically it seems to be a bit of skin,that looks like, the little bits of rubber that stick out of new bike tyres (the knobbly stringy bit)

hes away at the mo so i cant ask him what it is?

Well recently i have noticed one which appears to be the same - under my armpit

the only bit of medical advice i have is from my missus - who christened it a "flibble" - which makes me smile

does anyone know what they are?

(ps i may ask a dr at some point)

22 Comments

I'm sure I have at least one of these somewhere, nothing to worry about - just don't pull it

If I speak with the ex anytime soon, I'll ask her the technical term

Original Poster

thanks
    do you pick it? i havent - but it stings a little and although its only small im tempted to pull it off

anyone know a correct medical term?
    (dave im not sure if your taking the mick!)

After a bit of research for you i've found out they're called 'skin tags'.

Apparently, if they are not dark or painful then they are harmless, and a doctor can simply cut them off.

Hope this helps!

Original Poster

wow they are called skin tags

personally i prefer flibble

might go docs and get it removed - i dont fancy the burning so i might see if i can get it frozen

Got one under my armpit. It doesnt hurt although I do remember catching it once (cant remeber how) and it didnt half hurt! Only for a few seconds mind.

I call mine Bruce.

Original Poster

ian mine is under my armpit too - and deodourant can be painful
    but i must have picked it without realising

knewbold

ian mine is under my armpit too - and deodourant can be painfulbut i must … ian mine is under my armpit too - and deodourant can be painfulbut i must have picked it without realising

Hmm, I have never noticed any pain when spraying deodorant. Although I am usually half asleep in the morning when I spray it on so I may just be numb to it!!

Do you use a spray or roll on?

ive got one but im not saying sying where it is. :oops:

Original Poster

its spray - but it may be because i must have nicked it - cause it looks red - and it isnt usually

Miss Pink

ive got one but im not saying sying where it is. :oops:

thats a pile:)

knewbold

wow they are called skin tagspersonally i prefer flibblemight go docs and … wow they are called skin tagspersonally i prefer flibblemight go docs and get it removed - i dont fancy the burning so i might see if i can get it frozen

a doc would be best. they usually freeze them as it may need bleed. good luck:thumbsup:

marshallka

thats a pile:)

omg no its not :oops: its on the top part of my body

Original Poster

miss pink

can i see your flibble?

knewbold

miss pinkcan i see your flibble?

:giggle:

emmm let me think about that one

Original Poster

well i have gave you some rep for having some (look in your user cp!)

knewbold

wow they are called skin tagspersonally i prefer flibblemight go docs and … wow they are called skin tagspersonally i prefer flibblemight go docs and get it removed - i dont fancy the burning so i might see if i can get it frozen

Mr Flibble will not be happy hearing his name used as a term for strange bit of skin (skin tag)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/fwibble/untitled.jpg

Yup, its a skin tag I have a few - bug me a little bit but dont hurt or anything

Doctors can freeze it and cut it off, most people just leave them - apparently you can tie cotton around it really tight and it will 'die' and drop off, but this doesnt always work

No-one will fancy taking my advice, but I have my own solution should one appear...

Twist & Pull.

kelly_o_fanatic

apparently you can tie cotton around it really tight and it will 'die' … apparently you can tie cotton around it really tight and it will 'die' and drop off, but this doesnt always work

Tried that on mine hurt like blazes decided I'd just live with it after that!

[SIZE=2]If skin tags catch on clothes etc they can sometimes bleed and become a nuiscance. GP / Nurse needs to see it then appt will be made to get them removed, either by GP or local clinic, very swift and simple procedure. If not bothering you then leave well alone. Skin tags on the face or around the eyes may have to be done at a hospital.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Would not recommend the cotton thing, very painful. Picking or pulling them is likely to make them grow bigger. Anything red and sore should always be looked at. can go to a walk in centre if it is over the weekend. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]These things appear very slowly and sometimes the person themselves just does not notice them anymore...even though they can be very obvious to others e.g eyelids. A lot of people are quite happy with their lumps[/SIZE]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need help with home Internet dropping out please56
      2. Best Wi-Fi extender33
      3. Any Just Eat Vouchers around?22
      4. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?22

See more discussions