Things for a 65+ to do?

Found 20th Apr 2008
My nan is feeling a bit down as she has lots of time to do stuff but she has nothing to do. She has 2 dogs and walks them 3 times a day and she goes down shops reguarly and visits neighbours but what else can she do?

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
24 Comments

voluntary work in a Charity Shop?

When I hit 65, I'll spend all my time going to tea dances!

If she is fit and well she could offer to work 4 hours a week in her local oxfam or other charity shop. Does she like swimming? some pools do ladies night or over 50's sessions

yellowsticker;1932946

voluntary work in a Charity Shop?

great minds think alike:)

bellabonkers;1932956

great minds think alike:)

guess I am a bit bonkers too:)

And - she can apply for a bus pass that covers the whole country - she could explore all sorts of new places.

what about a hobby of some sort? photography? she could take walks and take photos, or stamp collecting? or gardening, if she has one?

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]I[/COLOR][COLOR="Green"]N[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]G[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]O[/COLOR]![/SIZE]

tell your nan to sign up on hduk

so she can share her wit - wisdom and a good deal now and again

holly100;1932997

tell your nan to sign up on hduk so she can share her wit - wisdom and a … tell your nan to sign up on hduk so she can share her wit - wisdom and a good deal now and again

I was just going to say that!

how about signing up to Skype? :whistling:

chrysha;1933005

I was just going to say that!

great minds chrysha:thumbsup:

what about knitting? sewing or cross stitch? or she could take up caligraphy and next time she writes out birthday and christmas cards they will look beautiful.

rnib needs volunteers - your nan sounds quite active with 2 dogs to look after -

reading to blind people etc

one of the least supported charities - as a picture of a blind kiddie doesnt bring in as much as a labrador!!

great charity to support

heres link

rnib.org.uk/xpe…csp

bellabonkers;1933039

what about knitting? sewing or cross stitch? or she could take up … what about knitting? sewing or cross stitch? or she could take up caligraphy and next time she writes out birthday and christmas cards they will look beautiful.

just picking up on your idea.. she could make her own cards. Nowadays you can buy so many pretty bits to stick on hand made cards .. really satisfying I should imagine

yellowsticker;1933007

how about signing up to Skype? :whistling:

love skype - im talking o my sis in s.a

she wants to test her stun gun on hubby but he wont let her !!!!

she wants to test her stun gun on hubby but he wont let her !!

!!

How else will she know whether it works properly or not?

chrysha;1933158

!!How else will she know whether it works properly or not?

im trying to tell him that - its him or his dog - cant use the dog as thats cruelty against animals

Original Poster

Thanks for all your suggestions! I have bought her a xbox 360 elite to keep her occupied! Thanks once again!

LOL only joking! Seriously, thanks for all your suggestions i will tell her what she has to do :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Banned

OMG i cross switch, well i say i do i havent for a wee while now, well i say a wee while the last one i started was the biggest one yet, it had over 500 coulours in it and it was my millenium piece, and its still unfinished 8 years later

sassie;1933439

i havent gone for a wee in a while the last one had over 500 coulours in … i havent gone for a wee in a while the last one had over 500 coulours in it

:whistling:

Banned

emasu;1933470

:whistling:

lmao.:p

karate class

yoga and tai chi. they're gentle enough.
my local group has some lovely ladies there -- one just turned 80 last friday.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771768
    2. Battered women won't be chased for TV licence fees: Vulnerable victims at r…23
    3. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1115
    4. Dr Who ..............CARE this thread may contain Spoilers.54846

See more discussions